Phantom 3 repair
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

I sent my Phantom 3 in for repair because it lost a prop after over three min. of flight in an open field . It is a power cut , in my back yard , with very high power lines & I have been flying here since I first got the Phantom 3 , with out issues & had no interferance . I had the Drone in sight & watched the prop. fly off the drone & it dropped about 20" to the ground & broke the gimble & camera off .  My question is , how does a prop. fly off after over three min. of flight ? I've made many a couple of 12+min. flights with out issues , props were tight before flight . The Bill reads not covered under warrenty because of flight data , I watched the prop come off , I thought they were self tightening , I don't mind paying for something I did , but think this is one of them .

The instructions for return read not to include accessorys & not sending the Battery was one of them & in the Bill they are charging me for a Battery , which I have & was powering up the the drone , so why do they want to charge me for one ?
    Like I said , I have no issues with paying for my bad , just trying to understand why , is it normal for a single prop to fly off after an amout of time ?
2016-7-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is very difficult to tell why a prop flew off, the most probable reason was that it was not tightened up properly. Yes, they are self tightening props, but the motors can change speed quite savagely to maintain position, and the intertia of the prop can make it come off in that situation. It is not common, but it does happen.

As for the battery, unless it is a good price and you need another battery, then argue that point on the bill.
2016-7-22
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

Thanks , I have already made a ticket on the bill change & its in process . I will see if I can tighten the Prop's up more , next time I get my hands on the drone for pre flight check , I think I did go to hover from a forward speed , but did it many times with out issue . I was looking at Gimbal & Prop protector that day & will get some before the next flight , may help if it happens again. Thanks again .
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, oldpanhead58. Do you request the data analysis at the very beginning? What's your ticket or RMA number of this issue?
2016-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules