Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Folks,

I have a question that should go to the top executive in DJI.  WHY DON'T YOU SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALERS?

When the Inspire One was anounced I bought one of the first in Canada from "Flying Cameras".  They were wonderful people and gave me excellect loccal support.

I also did some business with the Copter Shop across the border in Woodenville WA.

It appears that both of these companies have gone out of business.

I am not surprised.  When I wanted to buy my X5R from Flying Cameras they told me that DJI would not be shipping them any product until two months after the X5R was available direct from DJI.  DJI should have product in stock at their local dealers before anouncing a new product.  All top companies do this.

When my second Remote Controller that was operated by my camera man, had the USB fail, Flying Cameras was unable to get parts to repair it.  I sent it to L.A. U.S. DJI support.  It took about a month to get it back.  It behaved exactly like it did when I shipped it to them.  They did not fix it.  They just sent it back.

I took the defective Remote Controller to Flying Cameras they ask me to call the L.A. support number.  I explained what had happened and ask them to authorize the exchange of my defective controller for a new one.  This seemed resonable to me since I had played by their rules up to this point and was using the system professionally.  They had clearly failed to fix the problem.  I needed the equipment for a professional shoot.  They flatly refused to do anything except ask me to ship it to them again.  I handed the phone to one of the support people from Flying Cameras.  The L.A. DJI support person REFUSED to talk with the Flying Cameras person.  Flying Cameras felt so bad about how I was being treated by DJI that they gave me a new Remote Controller that worked.  I don't know if DJI made it good for Flying Cameras.

I live in the Vancouver, BC area and do professional shoots for TV, Movies and commercial photographers.  Vancouver is known as Hollywood North.  Many films and TV shows are shot here.  You would think that DJI would want to support this community.

Being an Engineer and Commercail pilot I really appreciate the excellect engineering that has been designed into the Inspire One System.  The Engineering department of DJI is GREAT!   HOWEVER, it is clear to me that the marketing, sales, and support mangement are not doing their jobs well at all.

Please address this problem and ANSWER MY QUESTION IN THE FIRST LINE OF THIS NOTE.

Ray

2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, Ray. Do you have any ticket number or RMA number of this issue?
2016-7-24
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

hello from vancouver!
2016-7-24
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-24 19:30
Sorry for your experience, Ray. Do you have any ticket number or RMA number of this issue?

RMA: 0106201676854236412
2016-7-25
Use props
I1d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291634 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have a similar issue. Great hardware but when something goes wrong, support is non responsive. Had a battery show a warning in dji go app on a commercial shoot over water. Immediately landed and switched packs then after the shoot investigated no battery errors in log. Provided the .dat to support the same day with a detailed explanation. Support sent 5 messages asking for irrelevant things (they already had the flight log). They literally asked for firmware update log and to sync flight records. Then finally said wait. Haven't heard anything. It's really odd I think having so many consumers support at the first few levels actually understands the equipment far less than their customers. I am not clear how you get a request to someone that does, I wish they would public the tools to review the .dat flight recorder data directly as I simply want to know what that ambiguous and highly concerning po pup of battery error is. What was logged?

In any case, I feel your pain.. It seems partially perhaps if support is so challenging people will just ignore it and buy a replacement. I have already spent far more than the cost of a new pack communicating with dji and still have no answers.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback.Our colleague has contacted you and your concerns were forwarded to the proper department.Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

I1d Posted at 2016-7-26 01:59
Have a similar issue. Great hardware but when something goes wrong, support is non responsive. Had a ...

What's you ticket number?
2016-7-25
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-25 20:34
What's you ticket number?

Ticket: 299905
2016-7-26