Weak Remote Controller Signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mads.karlsen90-
New

Norway

Hello!
I´ve flown my P3 Adv for less than 3 hours total.
On my recent flights I cant get more than 50-70 meters away before I get "Weak Remote Controller Signal" and loose contact between the Phantom and the remote.
I have never had any kind of hard landing, always landed on firm ground in full control.
The drone has always flown in excellent weater, barely any wind, and ofcourse no rain or mist.
I´ve followed the tutorials for wireless range, with the antennas pointing paralell to eachother, and tried to aim the flat/long side against the Phantom, rather than pointing the antennatips against it. I always fly in a open area, nothing to block or interfere the signals.
Have tried different mobile units, with same result.
I really hope someone can help me, as i enjoied this product very much when it worked properly.

I have run the 1.9.60.bin-file on both Phantom and remote, and gotten the textfile back telling me the version on the sd-card is same or older than the one on the remote/drone.
App Version 2.8.4 (also tested on 2.8.3)
Aircraft Version 1.9.60
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0 (should this be same as aircraft?)
2016-7-24
Use props
merlijnschuurma
New
Flight distance : 27657 ft
Spain

I had the exact same problem, only with the P3S. I brought it back to the shop, they said it was faulty and send it back to DJI, about to receive another P3S
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello mads.karlsen90-, did you keep any screenshots of the image transmission quality at that time? Have you tried to relink the RC and drone?

2016-7-25
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

A lot of people are having this problem since last update, try doing a a compass and IMU set up away from any RF signals and also turn off geo see if that cures the problem
2016-7-25
Use props
RobCrouch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119590 ft
United Kingdom

Had the same problem, took product back and got a new one... much better
2016-7-25
Use props
MK90
New

Norway

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-25 10:47
Hello mads.karlsen90-, did you keep any screenshots of the image transmission quality at that time?  ...

Hi, here is my screenshots
I have tried to relink the RC and drone, and i also calibrated IMU an Compass

https://postimg.org/image/8mfjuhkhd/

https://postimg.org/image/metyq4b8x/
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

MK90 Posted at 2016-7-25 19:21
Hi, here is my screenshots
I have tried to relink the RC and drone, and i also calibrated IMU an Co ...

It seems not normal since the interference detected was not strong but the RC signal was weak in such a short distance.If you has adjusted the RC and antenna but no luck, I'd suggest you to contact our Europe service center and send the drone and RC there for diagnosis. Here is the contact information: 联系欧洲.JPG
2016-7-25
Use props
opendoor499
lvl.1

Australia

mate, I've have the same problem in Sydney Australia, tried different locations couldn't get passed 600m,
Then i tried a home made antenna deflector ( half a shampoo bottle and foil) and now i get 1500 meters.
Better but still nowhere near 5000meters that it suppose to make.
hope it helps
2016-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules