P2 Motor Problem
902 5 2016-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pilot7
lvl.1

Hi everyone,
I have a Phantom 2, and enjoy every second of flying it. One day, I crashed and it landed upside down. One of the motors wouldn't start after that; it was just "twiching". But my friend, who was over at my place and knows a decent amount about motors and such, sort of spun the motor after it was started. It stopped twiching and ran smoothly. I flew it around a bit to test, then continued my usual longer-distance flights. About a week later, the same motor started twiching. Something I did must have done something, because it ran smoothly for the rest of the night. And just tonight, when I went out to film the sunset, it started twiching. It also seemed to be overheating badly (I don't claim to be an expert, but if I nearly burn myself on the motor, I'm pretty sure it's overheating). I read something about one of the wires connecting the ECS to the motor being torn or something; is this possibly the problem? Any help would be appreciated. I LOVE flying and would like to have it ready for the next sunset ...
2016-7-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

You need to replace either the motor and/or the corresponding ESC as overloading the motor could also deteriorate the ESC, there are numerous threads on the subject, i would order both to be safe but up to you to try the motor then the ESC.
2016-7-24
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

Hi Northofthe49th, would the motor and ESC from a Vision be suitable for my P2?
2016-7-24
Use props
roy
Second Officer

You need to verify which type of motor you have. There are normally two models used in the  P2 and if it's the vision plus.  Also look at the ESC and a sticker on it will indicate the version of ESC it has. You must match up with the same motor. motor can be a 2312 or a 2212 most likely . Should have a number on its side. If not you can verify by photo as they are different as you can tell by the pictures.
2016-7-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

billovanbob@gma Posted at 2016-7-24 20:28
Hi Northofthe49th, would the motor and ESC from a Vision be suitable for my P2?

Check this thread, post 10 for somewhat of a compatibility chart,
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370

Also check phantomhelp.com and search under your specific model,

I would not recommending mixing different types
2016-7-25
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

I re-soldered the motor and it seems to be flying fine. I should be able to film the sunset tonight ...
2016-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules