Litchi Mission Question
4303 13 2016-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

I tried two Litchi missions today. Both of them uploaded. The drone moved toward the first waypoint and then stopped. The drone was at 60 meters and not far away. I pushed the switch to P and the drone started to descend along with the RTH beep. Pushing up on the left stick did not help. I turned off the RTH and was able to get it to rise and bring it home. After cursing Litchi and swearing I would never use it again I calmed down.

The RTH issue makes me think the bird was too close. Now I am wondering if Litchi missions won't start if the first waypoint is to close to the home point.

Can anyone enlighten me?

2016-7-25
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

It would help if you share the missions so we can take a look at it.

But to answer one of your question, there's no restriction on creating waypoints near homepoint.

Further, switching to P-Mode relinquishes Litchi's control of the aircraft. What happened after it (ie. the apparent auto-landing), was not triggered by Litchi based on the way you described the chain of events.
2016-7-25
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3

OrlyP Posted at 2016-7-26 09:31
It would help if you share the missions so we can take a look at it.

But to answer one of your ques ...

How do I upload the missions?
2016-7-25
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Philippines

skipilot1 Posted at 2016-7-26 13:18
How do I upload the missions?

EDIT: Just figured out what you're asking....

To share your mission, go to https://flylitchi.com/hub and log in. Click on Missions > Open and make sure the mission you want to share is not set to Private. Then, click on the Link (the icon that looks like a chain) to copy the mission URL, then finally paste it here.
2016-7-25
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
United States

OrlyP Posted at 2016-7-26 13:28
Once you have the mission open on your mobiles device, you simply press the Play (►) button and t ...

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant how do I share them with you.
2016-7-25
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Philippines

skipilot1 Posted at 2016-7-26 13:32
I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant how do I share them with you.

Yup... See my reply above.
2016-7-25
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3

OrlyP Posted at 2016-7-26 13:34
Yup... See my reply above.

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=iFRyMowt8r

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=KmGEVt5xtM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2016-7-25
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Philippines

Can't see anything wrong with either missions.

It's probably moot at this point but when I have trouble executing a mission (ie. the mission won't run for whatever reason), I land the aircraft, power-cycle everything (aircraft, RC, mobile device) and reload my mission. I only had to do this once and I think it was my mobile device acting up.
2016-7-26
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

OrlyP Posted at 2016-7-26 16:43
Can't see anything wrong with either missions.

It's probably moot at this point but when I have tro ...

Agreed. they look alright to me too

With my P3S in the UK flying in a similar location I would expect to lose video and probably controller connection almost straight away but I would then just wait for the drone to return and enjoy the video

Have you flown the same mission twice with the same results?

(The only time Litchi hasn't done what I've wanted is when I've made a mistake - and I've made a few!!)
2016-7-26
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

skipilot1 Posted at 2016-7-26 14:13
https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=iFRyMowt8r

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=KmGEVt5xtM

Are you sure Dji GO or any other Flight Controller was running along in the background ?
2016-7-26
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

PhanFran Posted at 2016-7-26 14:00
Are you sure Dji GO or any other Flight Controller was running along in the background ?

Funny you mention  this issue, I hadn't had any problems uploading from my monitor right to bird, but last night I hit the LOAD button, then the arrow which shows you your ceiling at each waypoint, hit GO & waited & waited, & well, u get it. So, after 5-6 minutes I did the load routine again, 2 minutes wait & away she went, after 3rd waypoint I get the voice- Caution, mission loading failed, but she was going around the tower fine, I guess she was talking about the 1st time I tried to load the mission.
Later on, I actually had to try 3 x to load a misson, 3rd time it loaded, & again minutes later i get the -Caution, mission did not load! I think this all had to do with a couple of things
1- it was over 43 degrees celcuis here
2- Mission POI was a huge steel water tower(45 m) with 10 meter steel light poles all over the area too.
2016-7-26
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
United States

r.powell@rogers Posted at 2016-7-27 02:51
Funny you mention  this issue, I hadn't had any problems uploading from my monitor right to bird,  ...

I deleted DJI GO and Litchi from my iPad mini 4, shut down the mini and re-downloaded the software. I went through all the settings on both apps.

Usually I start DJI GO and check all the settings, then shut everything down, close DJI and start up again using Litchi. I had read that some people (including someone who contacted Litchi) start DJI GO and get the bird hovering in the air first. So, I tried that, shut down DJI GO and started Litchi. Everything ran perfectly. Maybe I don't need to use DJI GO first, but it seems like a good idea just to make sure everything is working correctly and all sensor readings are normal.
2016-7-26
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Philippines

Application behavior is VERY different between iOS and Android. I've only used Android to run both DJI Go or Litchi. But in Android, one app should be totally shutdown (force stopped) to run the other app, or else strange things would happen.

So if you have DJI Go running and want to switch to Litchi, you'll have to go to Apps, select DJI Go and tap on Force Stop. The reverse is true... I do this to Litchi if I want to switch to DJI Go.
2016-7-26
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3

OrlyP Posted at 2016-7-27 15:22
Application behavior is VERY different between iOS and Android. I've only used Android to run both D ...

At no time have the two apps been open simultaneously. That much I get.
2016-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules