Camera/Gimbal Issue
1440 11 2016-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d.dearmore
New

Hello everybody, I am new to the forum.  I am having an issue where after my phantom starts up and a beeping/warning sound seems to come from the gimbal/camera.  In addition a small red light along the edge of the camera/ gimbal housing flashes.  The phantom operates as normal besides this.  Initially the camera was moving erratically so I removed the backing to check the cable connection per another thread I saw.  After replacing the backing this new issue has started.  Thanks in advance for any ide or feedback.

2016-7-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The manual has information on what the different beeps and flashing lights mean.  Or you can look at this thread.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello d.dearmore,what kind of drone do you use and could you describe the beeping detailedly?
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, can you shoot a video of it and upload it to Youtube?
2016-7-26
Use props
d.dearmore
New

United States

Thanks for the replies.  I have uploaded a video of the Phantom starting up.  I have the Phantom 2 Vision +.

Here is the video.

2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

d.dearmore@gmai Posted at 2016-7-26 21:13
Thanks for the replies.  I have uploaded a video of the Phantom starting up.  I have the Phantom 2 V ...

Video not working.
2016-7-26
Use props
Phantom_913
New

United States

Hmm, try this.  

2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom_913 Posted at 2016-7-27 01:25
Hmm, try this.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5keDMaSxwjU

Still not working.
2016-7-26
Use props
Phantom_913
New

United States

I am not sure then.  It is working for me and is set to public.  Is it embedded for you or are you going to the URL?  What about grabbing it from my google drive?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... mM/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the hassle, I appreciate you taking a look.
2016-7-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Definitely looks like a gobbled gimbal!
Have you downloaded the manual and checked the error pg. for status indicators for the camera?
Is it new yto you?
Have you ever crashed it?
Are any screws missing in the gimbal arm?
If it is doing something different now than before you took it apart and  put it back together chances are there are definitely reassemble errors and more going on.
Have you checked the cables are firmly in the base of the gimbal? They can be finicky....
2016-7-26
Use props
d.dearmore
New

United States

I checked the manual and dis not see any specific error codes related to the camera/gimbal.  The Phantom was being set down on a ledge and fell about 4 feet.  After the fall the camera/gimbal was initially moving and clicking randomly, like it was trying to center itself or something like that.  I removed the backing from the camera to check the cable connection there and after putting the backing back on it began behaving as currently described.  I did check all the other cables and all look to be firmly attached.
2016-7-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

d.dearmore@gmai Posted at 2016-7-27 09:04
I checked the manual and dis not see any specific error codes related to the camera/gimbal.  The Pha ...

may also be an internal bad connection as a result of the fall,
if all external cables appear to be fully seated etc. you may want to try to open it up to have a look if comfortable or send in to dji for service,
and as i stated previously, if it is doing something different after you took it apart than before you took it apart, likely you did not put it together properly as symptoms as before should be the same...there are tiny ribbon cables in there when you remove the backing, make sure they are in properly....
2016-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules