P3S - Does the micro SD card get overwritten or format required?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
furhanrafiq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15994 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Does the micro sd card get overwritten when capacity is reached or do I need to format every time?  I couldn't find anything in settings but I am not familar with the app yet.
2016-7-26
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

I have a 64gb and have never filled it, I always clear it before each flight, however as far as I know once the card is full it will just stop writing your video to the disk until you have either moved the current videos to your PC or formatted the SDCard.

Tony
2016-7-26
Use props
Hotolds442
lvl.3
Flight distance : 244751 ft
United States

I ran out of storage space the other day on my P3A. I got the alert in the Go app and recording stopped. It did not overwrite previous files.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't need to format but it may help.
Just after each fly day upload the SD card content to your computer and delete the content.
2016-7-26
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

I delete the videos from my computer and after many flights, the DJI GO app started turning off my recording mid flight, then said the card was full.  So now I hit "Reformat" with each flight, and have never had the problem again.  It only takes a few seconds.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bob37 Posted at 2016-7-27 00:59
I delete the videos from my computer and after many flights, the DJI GO app started turning off my r ...

Just make sure not to hit Format while you have content on the card.
I find it easier to transfer files to my computer then formatting before removing the card from the computer.
2016-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules