3.12 Firmware
1464 6 2016-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft

I am running 3.14 on my Main Controller. Not happy with random yaw twitching . Having difficulty locating 3.12 version firmware . I am aware of the age of my unit. Just really hoping that firmware version 3.12 is still available . Any help would be appreciated . Thanx

2016-7-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Michael,
I looked here and did not see it, http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/info#downloads and not sure if I still have it as I cannot recall the form it came in, also, not sure if you can go backwards without a complete/hard reset but if I do have it I will Dropbox it sometime soon,
Good luck,
FYI...I am still on 3.12 and 1.0.48 vision app...no issues as after previous DJI firmware debacles I did not want to risk a working bird.
2016-7-26
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Bad news:  Essentially, there is no way to downgrade by simply reinstalling v3.12 -- if you will recall, for the Phantom 2 series the main controller firmware was downloaded through the Vision Assistant via an internet connection.  It was never released as a separate zip file that you could install on the SD card.

Having said that, there may be some good news:   (and boy, this one made my brain cramp up trying to remember where I read about downgrading from an update!) back in early 2015 there was a firmware update that was causing a lot of ERROR [25] -- IMU initialization failures which resulted in bricking a lot of Phantoms.  Needless to say, people were scrambling to find a solution.  I eventually found something in my notes that purported to have a solution that included downgrading the firmware.

Having said that, I ain't making any promises!  You do this at your own risk, electrons may be harmed in this process, adult supervision recommended and throw in any other disclaimers that may be applicable.  Here is the thread:  For ALL users who were bricked by 3.10 (READ HERE)
(Let us know the outcome -- good, bad or indifferent)
2016-7-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The "random yaw twitching" has nothing to do with the firmware.
I have been flying with 3.14 for 15 months with no problems.
I would check and calibrate your transmitter before doing anything else, and use the assistant to check the smooth movement of the sticks.
2016-7-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

john,
good point on the RC calibration, i overlooked it as the OP seemed intent the issue was 3.14 related.

OP, you may want to try this procedure as well

Remote Calibration.gif
2016-7-27
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft

Thanx guys. Took johnwarr's advice . Focused on my endpoint calibration . Found issue with Slow Pan Yaw Mod Switch. Decided to go back with factory configuration . Will miss the slow yaw option . The amount of slow yaw use compared to the frequency of the yaw twitch did not justify the option. Good to hear from you guys again and Thanx a Million for the advice .
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Michael Starley Posted at 2016-7-30 01:31
Thanx guys. Took johnwarr's advice . Focused on my endpoint calibration . Found issue with Slow Pan  ...

Glad you got it sorted out.
2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules