United States

Very interesting, thanks.
2016-7-26
Use props
neosin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4504462 ft
United States

It took me two months to figure this one out. I did the write up, and so far testing shows that was in fact the problem. As soon as I put it back together, the 3-6 second video lag was gone and flew exactly like it did in cooler months.

What i'd hate to see happen, is some kind of firmware that limits the power in some way.

Here in Texas, the temps are high, 96-100F degrees with 50 - 70% humidity, it taxes electronics. Thanks Ken for looking into this!  
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

neosin Posted at 2016-7-27 02:57
It took me two months to figure this one out. I did the write up, and so far testing shows that was  ...

No problem, I fly in Tucson and have been in 115 degree heat and didn't experience video lag. My iPad kept shutting down though.
I forwarded it in.
2016-7-26
Use props
neosin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4504462 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-26 14:27
No problem, I fly in Tucson and have been in 115 degree heat and didn't experience video lag. My i ...

Thanks! Wow 115, I was using iPad Mini4, brightness fully up (I was in tree shade) but it was very hot. Perhaps the humidity makes a difference. The thermal pads on mine were done, and wasn't making full contact to the heatsink. 31 hours flight time, 220 flights... It looks like they need 1mm more thinkness on the pad. I know DJI is good at changing the future builds to reflect finds in the field. Thanks for the quick reply... You are really johnny on the spot. lol
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

neosin Posted at 2016-7-27 04:19
Thanks! Wow 115, I was using iPad Mini4, brightness fully up (I was in tree shade) but it was very ...

Yes, the heat in AZ is horrible. Actually I bought a Frog Toggs chilly pad and cut it to shape and put it on the back of the iPad and it helps.
They changed it for the P4, it's now a thermal compound.
2016-7-26
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Anyone know of a good video that would take me through this process step by step?
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-7-27 06:39
Anyone know of a good video that would take me through this process step by step?

Basically it is not recommended to do any disassembling. But you can take a look at youtube and I've seen such kind of gimbal repairing videos there.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-7-26 18:39

I wouldn't do that if my drone is still within warranty. I will just send in for a repair.
2016-7-27
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Ok.  Good advice.   Maybe after the warranty expires.
Thanks
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-7-27 22:49
Ok.  Good advice.   Maybe after the warranty expires.
Thanks

The camera is 6 months warranty. So after that, have at it.
2016-7-27
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-27 17:00
The camera is 6 months warranty. So after that, have at it.

Can I assume that it's 12 months in the UK?!
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-7-28 00:29
Can I assume that it's 12 months in the UK?!

I don't think so. It's still 6 months on the camera.
2016-7-27
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-27 18:00
I don't think so. It's still 6 months on the camera.

I'm not sure that's compliant with UK consumer laws then!!!?
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-7-28 01:31
I'm not sure that's compliant with UK consumer laws then!!!?

I think it is compliant but you would have to email support@dji.com and they will advise you.
2016-7-27
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

If you pay with a good credit card, the warranty is doubled and will be paid by the credit card company. This is so in the US.
2016-7-27
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

UCLABruins Posted at 2016-7-27 18:55
If you pay with a good credit card, the warranty is doubled and will be paid by the credit card comp ...

Consumer in the UK are well protected:-

"30-day right to reject

Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly.

This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period.

This right to a refund doesn't apply to purely digital products though - such as music, games or apps that you buy as downloads.

You can however ask for a digital product to be repaired or replaced if it develops a fault. And if this isn't possible or us unsuccessful, you have the right to receive a price reduction.
Perishable goods

The 30 days is shorter for perishable goods where the period will be determined by how long it is reasonable to have expected the goods to last. For example, milk would be expected to last until its use-by date as long as it’s stored correctly.
Repair or replace

If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you  have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.

You can ask the retailer to repair or replace faulty goods but it can normally choose whichever would be cheapest or easier for it to do.

If the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product.

You're entitled to a full or partial refund instead of a repair or replacement if any of the following are true:

the cost of the repair or replacement is disproportionate to the value of the goods or digital content
    a repair or replacement is impossible
    a repair or replacement would cause you significant inconvenience
    the repair would take an unreasonably long amount of time

If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you have a further right to receive a refund of up to 100% of the price you paid or to reject the goods for a full refund.

If you don't want a refund and still want your product repaired or replaced, you have the right to request the retailer makes further attempts at a repair or replacement.

Use our step-by-step guide if you want to ask a retailer to repair or replace something you've bought that subsequently develops a fault.
The first six months

If you discover the fault within the first six months from purchase, it is presumed to have been there since the time of purchase - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

During this time it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there at the point of purchase - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction - if you wish to keep the product.

No deduction can be made from a refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.

The only exception to this rule is motor vehicles where a reasonable reduction may be made for the use you've already had of the vehicle after the first 30 days.

If you'd prefer to keep the goods in question you can request an appropriate price reduction.
2016-7-27
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-7-27 16:31
Consumer in the UK are well protected:-

"30-day right to reject

Still looks like only 6 months from what you posted.
2016-7-27
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rigworker Posted at 2016-7-28 02:51
Still looks like only 6 months from what you posted.

Before my previous I would have bet my balls that every product sold within the UK must have a 12month guarantee but it seems this might not be the case, however

"Many products, such as electrical goods, are sold with a manufacturer's guarantee (or warranty), often for a year.

Guarantees are a contract between you and the manufacturer and the manufacturer must do whatever it says it will do in the guarantee.

Usually this will be to repair or replace a faulty item. Retailers will sometimes contact the manufacturer on your behalf but they are not obliged to do so.

However, you still have rights under the Consumer Rights Act or Sale of Goods Act even if your guarantee has expired. A manufacturer's guarantee doesn't replace these rights and retailers can't ignore this.

It will depend on the product and the fault but you could be legally entitled to a free repair or, in some cases, a replacement by the retailer for some time after the manufacturer's guarantee has expired."

So for example, if you bought a camera which cost say £2000 it would be reasonable to expect the product to last beyond 12months old, however, if it cost £2 then you could reasonably assume a refund wouldn't be given after the guarantee period has ended. I guess I would be down to the consumer to to argue that the DJI camera should reasonably last beyond a 6month period.
2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules