Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad takeoff
1372 11 2016-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmcgraw
New

United States

I've yet to have a successful flight with the s900 but every other time I know what happened.  This time I dont.  At full throttle, it rose and quickly turned upside down and crashed.  Any ideas of what I did wrong this time?

IMG_1572c.jpg
IMG_1574c.jpg
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what components you have for this rig and what firmware you currently have on your unit?
2016-7-27
Use props
jmcgraw
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-27 16:57
Could you clarify what components you have for this rig and what firmware you currently have on your ...

DJI S900 with WooKongM + Futaba 14SG Radio.  Sorry, I don't have a clue about the firmware.  
2016-7-28
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

jmcgraw@streetf Posted at 2016-7-29 04:34
DJI S900 with WooKongM + Futaba 14SG Radio.  Sorry, I don't have a clue about the firmware.

Where are you located? If we're close by I might be able to help
2016-7-28
Use props
jmcgraw
New

United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-7-28 16:25
Where are you located? If we're close by I might be able to help

Minneapolis
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jmcgraw@streetf Posted at 2016-7-29 04:34

Have you had to put it back together recently or make any changes to the flight controller. Have you checked your idle speed settings and calibrated the RC?
2016-7-28
Use props
jmcgraw
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 17:14
Have you had to put it back together recently or make any changes to the flight controller. Have y ...

The only components I have recently changed have been replacement of propellers and landing gear.   Beyond that I havn't touched anything since the last flight.  Although it was a rough landing on the last flight.  I suspect from your response that I should check the idle speed (which I don't know how to do but can probably find out somewhere) and calibrate the RC.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jmcgraw@streetf Posted at 2016-7-29 06:27
The only components I have recently changed have been replacement of propellers and landing gear.  ...

Idle speed can be found in the Advanced > Motor section of the WKM Assistant Software. It will give you a recommended setting from which you would adjust depending on your motors and payload.
2016-7-28
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
  • >>>

Well sorry, I'm west coast...but by your pictures (wish it was video) I would ask that you check a couple things. Start it up and idle...then move your control stick forward a little...see if the 900 tilts slightly forward. Then do backward...same thing...dont have the throttle up enough where it will tip over....I have seen people have their controls reversed after an upgrade...meaning you think your pushing forward but because the controls are reversed it goes backward...then the more forward you push the more backward it goes. If you do this and find out thats the problem you can go into your assistant and either check or uncheck the "REV" box. In other words if its checked then uncheck it. But word of caution, you should ALWAYS check what I just said before any takeoff...forward, back, left, right...with just enought throttle to see the 900 tilt, not any more...let me know
2016-7-31
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
  • >>>

jmcgraw@streetf Posted at 2016-7-29 06:27
The only components I have recently changed have been replacement of propellers and landing gear.  ...

If you replaced the props are you positive you have the CW and CCW on the corresponding arms?
2016-7-31
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

Looks like your GPS is on top.  If you are taking off with GPS enabled, be sure you have the "mounting" settings set to indicate your  that
2017-4-14
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

Looks like your GPS is above the drone (naturally).  IF you are taking off with GPS enabled, first be sure you have set the A2 Assistant settings for "Mounting" to indicate your GPS is (probably) -21 cm from the Center of Gravity on the Z axis.  It, and the IMU, are both probably near the back of the top plate (away from the front) so they too need to be (e.g.) -11 cm on the X axis.   

On my first flight with the S1000, it wobbled like a drunken sailor when set to GPS mode, until I talked to DJI and changed the "mounting " settings.   2nd flight:  worked like a charm.   
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules