A2/IOSD - Does DJI now have any method to view/extract GPS info?
123Next >
16537 85 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hmarnold.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

With the IOSD Mk II firmware 3.02 change in November of 2014, the DATAVIEWER capability was lost. Any attempt to view information in the FLY????.DAT file now shows a time frame .06 seconds long.

DJI has known about it since shortly thereafter, and my questions to DJI have all come back that the DATAVIEWER is not a DJI product and that there is no plan to get it to work again like they show it in their marketing material.

A work-around would be to cause the firmware in the IOSD MK II to go back to a previous version, but DJI says there is no way to do that.

I have also used the PC Ground Station to take pictures using the Photogammetry tool in hopes that I could get the GPSEXPORTER tool to work, but although the mission took pictures, scanning the FLY????.DAT files crunches for a while with the message "converting data", but the resulting TXT file still comes out blank.

Does anyone have a workable solution to these problems short of purchasing a third party datalogging device?

Any suggestions appreciated

2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi, hmarnold.

1. Please leave your email address and I will send you the Beta version of DATAVIEWER, which could solve the problem you mentioned above;

2. Which Flight Controller did the Datalink linked to?
    A2  will not be  available for GPSEXPORTER to upload POS data currently but WKM do.
2015-1-28
Use props
hmarnold.email
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-1-28 18:35
Hi, hmarnold.

1. Please leave your email address and I will send you the Beta version of DATAVIEWER ...

I'm using A2 upgraded to firmware version 2.4

The release notes for A2 firmware V2.4 says "Support for F channel and action settings in DJI PC Ground Station".

Also, the PC Ground Station will take pictures on an autonomous mission, but right now I can only get it to take pictures at the waypoints, not at the action points along the missions paths.

Thank you very much for responding
2015-1-28
Use props
davidfuentes.op
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155538 ft
Spain

hmarnold.email Posted at 2015-1-28 19:57
I'm using A2 upgraded to firmware version 2.4

The release notes for A2 firmware V2.4 says "Supp ...

hi hmarnold,

I have exactly the same problem as you. I'm using a A2 + iOSD MarkII and dataviewer shows me only the 0.06 first seconds. Did anyone help you with this? what about this dataviewer beta version?
thanks in advance,

david
2015-1-29
Use props
hmarnold.email
Second Officer
United States

davidfuentes.op Posted at 2015-1-29 19:06
hi hmarnold,

I have exactly the same problem as you. I'm using a A2 + iOSD MarkII and dataviewer  ...

No word back, yet
2015-1-29
Use props
bob_seaton.hotm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

Here is a work around to the viewer problem... Change the x axis from "Time" to Main_Voltage... The voltage drop happens across time so it can be interpreted as time...see this post for a picture and a better explanation
http://multirotorforums.com/thre ... ng-iosd-logs.23136/

2015-1-29
Use props
hmarnold.email
Second Officer
United States

Hi, hmarnold.

1. Please leave your email address and I will send you the Beta version of DATAVIEWER ...

Still hoping to hear any suggestions on how we get a working DataViewer
2015-1-29
Use props
hmarnold.email
Second Officer
United States

bob_seaton.hotm Posted at 2015-1-29 22:20
Here is a work around to the viewer problem... Change the x axis from "Time" to Main_Voltage... The  ...

Thanks, Bob

This is a great idea and it seems to work for some parameters like the motor speeds, but when I try the same thing to try to see longitude, the left axis shows values like "-5e+258", which I assume means a -5 with 258 zeroes behind it.

I'm expecting a number around -97 degrees for Texas.

I read somewhere that the lat/lon values could be in Radians, but that still doesn't give -5e+258 a valid meaning.

Any suggestions?
2015-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hmarnold.email Posted at 2015-1-30 03:41
Still hoping to hear any suggestions on how we get a working DataViewer

Hi, hmarnold.

Have you received the dataviewer bata version from my email to you ? Dose it work ? Or please send me your IOSD data files , I might  check and figure out the solutions.
2015-1-29
Use props
bob_seaton.hotm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

Hey DJI Jackson

Could you send me the Beta version and I'll give it a try for you?  

Bob
2015-1-30
Use props
davidfuentes.op
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-1-30 11:56
Hi, hmarnold.

Have you received the dataviewer bata version from my email to you ? Dose it work ? ...

Hi DJI-Jackson,

did you receive answer from hmarnold or bob_seaton.hotm? Is the beta version of Data Viewer working for them? please, anyway could you send me the Beta version?
thanks in advance
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

davidfuentes.op Posted at 2015-2-4 17:06
Hi DJI-Jackson,

did you receive answer from hmarnold or bob_seaton.hotm? Is the beta version of D ...

Hi, I didn't receive any fly data files from hmannold and I will send you the Beta version later.

2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

davidfuentes.op Posted at 2015-2-4 17:06
Hi DJI-Jackson,

did you receive answer from hmarnold or bob_seaton.hotm? Is the beta version of D ...

Hi,again . Email fail ! Maybe Gmail was blocked in China. Another email address ?
2015-2-4
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI-Jackson
Can you upload for us and give us the download link?
2015-2-4
Use props
davidfuentes.op
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-4 18:18
Hi,again . Email fail ! Maybe Gmail was blocked in China. Another email address ?

Hi Jackson, I've this one . It should work. I attach a link of dropbox with one of my Fly.dat, maybe you can try to open with this beta version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wovzsng2keqtb93/FLY008.DAT?dl=0
thanks in advance,
david
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

knarfboy Posted at 2015-2-5 05:21
@DJI-Jackson
Can you upload for us and give us the download link?

Hi, knarfboy.

The Beta Version should not be released on the internet but could be sent to someone who was very confused by this software issue. Thank you for your understanding.
2015-2-5
Use props
davidfuentes.op
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-5 19:27
Hi, knarfboy.

The Beta Version should not be released on the internet but could be sent to someon ...

Thanks Jackson, now I can see the entire flight period. It works perfectly. I can't extract GPS data with GPSexporter V1.4 (the result is a .txt empty). Any suggestion?
2015-2-5
Use props
guille-correo.h
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-4 17:58
Hi, I didn't receive any fly data files from hmannold and I will send you the Beta version later.

Having the same problem!, could you send me the beta version to ? Thanks
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

davidfuentes.op Posted at 2015-2-5 20:18
Thanks Jackson, now I can see the entire flight period. It works perfectly. I can't extract GPS da ...

Hi, we have realized the issue you mentioned above and will solve it in next version firmware of A2. Thanks .
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

guille-correo.h Posted at 2015-2-6 02:38
Having the same problem!, could you send me the beta version to  ? Thanks

Email failed again Another email address please ?
2015-2-5
Use props
guille-correo.h
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-6 09:45
Email failed again Another email address please ?

What happen with the emails? haha, please try with. Do you know when will be available next A2 firmware?
2015-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

guille-correo.h Posted at 2015-2-6 16:27
What happen with the emails? haha, please try with  . Do you know when will be available next A2 f ...

Next A2 firmware is coming soon. Please be looking forward to.
2015-2-6
Use props
hmarnold.email
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-6 09:19
Hi, we have realized the issue you mentioned above and will solve it in next version firmware of A ...

Unfortunately, it was users accepting a firmware upgrade to the IOSD that caused the DataViewer to stop working 3 months ago.

Anyone that did the upgrade and realized their product no longer worked has been told since then that the "Dataviewer is a third party software" and that there would be no support offered whatsoever, and no capability of backing the firmware version back out to a version that works.

Why would a firmware revision to A2 cause the Dataviewer reading IOSD files to start working again?

Why would we take a chance? What else will we lose if we do an A2 Firmware upgrade and be told won't be supported?

I suggest you support your products when you make a firmware mistake by allowing users to go back to previous versions, and release the Beta Dataviewer for IOSD MK II V3.02 until you do.

DJI products are technical marvels, but until we can rely on them for commercial applications, they are just expensive toys
2015-2-6
Use props
aarrup
New

Denmark

Hi DJI-jackson
We have crashed a 30,000 USD multirotor with both HD and thermal camera and would like to see the graphs from the flight.

I would love to receive the beta version of the data viewer if that means that I can read the graphs.

As mentioned in this thread the Data Viewer doesn't work, and just shows a blank page, when I try to open a .dat file.

2015-2-6
Use props
davidfuentes.op
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-2-6 09:19
Hi, we have realized the issue you mentioned above and will solve it in next version firmware of A ...

When does DJI plan to launch de next A2 firmware version?
2015-2-11
Use props
USPanday
New

Nepal

Hi, hmarnold.

Hi Jackson,
We are using WKM. We have the same problem, i.e. GPSExporter v1.4 results an empty .txt file from FLY???.DAT file. Is this the problem of Dataviewer or GPSExporter? Could you kindly send us beta version of DATAVIEWER to?

Many Thanks!
USP
2015-2-17
Use props
coinfaslab.gmai
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

same problem for me, s900 a2 z15 Nex 5r
2015-2-19
Use props
mnance1
lvl.1

United States

Can I get a copy of the Beta Data Viewer?
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

E-mail sent.
2015-3-2
Use props
lars
lvl.2

Sweden

Hi, I would also need the Beta Data Viewer.
Could you please send it to me.
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

lars@betula.nu Posted at 2015-3-3 05:33

2015-3-2
Use props
Bobmagee
New

Canada

Hi can you send me the beta data viewer please?
2015-3-3
Use props
painter12.mail
New
Ukraine

Maybe you know where I can see the full names of the parameters of the log file? I am very interested in the error flag "Attitudes status bad" what is shown as a "white flashes". What parameter can correspond to a "white flashes"?
2015-3-11
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
United States

painter12.mail Posted at 2015-3-12 14:49
Maybe you know where I can see the full names of the parameters of the log file? I am very intereste ...

Painter,
I certainly don't claim to be an expert at using the DataViewer, there is a parameter named "E_LED_ATTI" that could equate to "Error LED Attitude" if you've had enough to drink.

That parameter seems to be a binary on/off value, that on my system very rarely triggers.

An autonomous mission I flew yesterday where the FLY???.DAT file shows 700 seconds of which only about 200 of those are actually flying. The first 500 seconds are the time in the file after I plugged in the battery to start the file and get the PC Ground Station photogrammetry mission defined and uploaded.

When I look at the FLY.DAT file, the "E_LED_ATTI" signal triggered twice during that 700 seconds for about 2 seconds each time.

The first time was a few seconds after I plugged in the battery, but well before I took off. If the "E_LED_ATTI" signal is attitude error, it could be that I bumped the UAV fiddling with the camera or something and pegged the gyros enough to transcend some secret attitude threshold.

As I say it was momentary and went away after about 2 seconds.

The second time that signal triggered was, as near as I can tell, during one of the turns on the photogrammetry grid.

The reason I think this parameter might be an attitude threshold is that there were a total of 8 turns on the autonomous flight, and the second "E_LED_ATTI" trigger corresponds to what looks like 2 seconds into the sharpest turn on the flight looking at the changing longitude.

If you want to see screen shots of what I'm talking about, send me an email at HMArnold@msn.com
2015-3-12
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
United States

It turns out that DJI has been working on a solution that solves both the DataViewer and GPSExport problems at the same time, and I can report that the solution does work for both.

The GPS Export function creates a properly formatted text file that contains, Lat, Lon, Altitude, Pitch, Roll, and Yaw for every point where a GP Servo action point was triggered in a PC Ground Station autonomous mission.

It currently takes a significant amount of effort on both ends to get everything up to speed, but as I understand, everything required will be published normally in the next revision of firmware and software updates.

For information about the availability of the fix, I suggest you contact

yi.zhang@dji.com

directly.
2015-3-13
Use props
AcidONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 821791 ft
Italy

2015-3-17
Use props
yoyoma
lvl.1

United States

Hi. I am experiencing the same issue as the others. Could I also receive the data viewer and GPS Exporter Beta software?

Thanks in advance.
Ja Wi
2015-3-19
Use props
yoyoma
lvl.1

United States

yoyoma@harakiri Posted at 2015-3-20 07:31
Hi. I am experiencing the same issue as the others. Could I also receive the data viewer and GPS Exp ...

Thank you Autumn. I can report the beta Data Viewer works well with my A2 IOSD Mark II Flight logs.

Would it be possible to receive the beta GPS Exporter so that I may test?

Thanks, Ja Wi
2015-3-20
Use props
julien.mu
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, I have the same problem with my 3 wookongs , dataview et gps exporter, it show me no data after extraction ...
is it possible to have the beta version, i'm in a hurry for a project...
Thx.
ps: alternative email if gmaill don't works: contact@hoverview.fr
2015-3-24
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

And I would appreciate the beta as well.
2015-3-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules