Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My future setup M600
2446 9 2016-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

What do you think about my future setup?:
-Matrice 600 + Ronin MX
-Panasonic Lumix GH4 + Lumix Lens 14mm F2.5 + ND0.9 Filter (Main Camera) via Ronin MX connection. and Remote Start/Stop.
-Gopro or similar sport camera (FPV Camera) via AV LB2 Air Unit connection.
-LB2 controller for PILOT, with Black Pearl Monitor HDMI, Picture in Picture (FPV Gopro + Lumix GH4).
-LB2 controller for CAMERA OPERATOR, with Ipad Mini 2 or Nexus 7 2014.
I know is posible to use Z15 Zenmuse for GH4, but i need be ready to other cameras...
What do you think? Anything is wrong?, all opinions or feelings are wellcome!
Thank you so much!
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It looks like a solid rig to me.The only thing I notice is that you may want a tablet as your Pilot controller, so you can make adjustment to the PIP on the fly as needed and any other settings. Best of luck to you.
2016-7-28
Use props
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-29 04:17
It looks like a solid rig to me.The only thing I notice is that you may want a tablet as your Pilot  ...

I've thought in need
2016-7-29
Use props
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

antdrones@gmail Posted at 2016-7-29 16:36
I've thought in need

I've thought about need it, but i think i could do this with my smartphone Iphone 6s, the problem is the mounting Black Pearl monitor + Iphone..., the mounting is very small...,
But the almost things of the app can be done with controller
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

antdrones@gmail Posted at 2016-7-29 16:41
I've thought about need it, but i think i could do this with my smartphone Iphone 6s, the problem  ...

If you don't plan to make any setting changes while in flat, then you would be fine to have the monitor. Just make sure that you have your iPhone available for when you need to do your initial calibrations prior to flight.
2016-7-29
Use props
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-29 17:04
If you don't plan to make any setting changes while in flat, then you would be fine to have the mo ...

I think all things we can change or do with app, too be done just with Lightbridge 2 Controller..., Calibrate compass included.
Like in Inspire 1: http://forum.dji.com/thread-5172-1-1.html
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

antdrones@gmail Posted at 2016-7-29 23:13
I think all things we can change or do with app, too be done just with Lightbridge 2 Controller... ...

That is correct. Again, your set up is feasible and you do have the ability do the more pertinent calibrations for the exception of gimbal and IMU calibrations, which do not need to be done regularly.
2016-7-29
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2120541 ft
  • >>>

Hi antdrones.
I got my Matrice 600 some days ago and intend to use my GH4 and Ronin MX gimbal on it.
I also have an Inspire 1 Raw so i bought the X5R gimbal mount for the M600 as well.
I have tried some flights with the X5R on the M600 and I must say I´m impressed!
The flight time with std. TB47 battery is well over 30 minutes and the footage is almost as good as the GH4 Almost vibration free (only a little jello sometimes but that can be tuned away with camera shutter settings) the only negative thing is that the raw footage needs to be processed in many steps if you don´t run a Mac.
The Compressed H.264 that is stored on SD card is ok for some customers but to get to GH4 quality you will need to process the raw material. You also have the big advantage of FULL camera control with the X5R camera via Go app.

The Negative things about putting a Ronin MX and a GH4 to the M600 is:
1. You will only have gimbal control and NO CAMERA CONTROL AT ALL With this setup. not even start stop or focus control.
How do you get the remote start stop??? I havent found that..??
2. The FLIGHT TIME will be badly reduced (have not tried yet due to very complicated SRW/Ronin/A3Pro setup and update that failed.... that has now taken me some three days and counting)...
3. The DJI Focus control does NOT WORK ( as far as I know) with the LB2
4. Much MORE EXPENSIVE setup than a X5R and the same end result.

So if I should do things over again....
I would go for the M 600 with X5R or why not stick with the Inspire 1 Raw that flies for 15 min ( TB48 lipo) with the same camera and so much easier to handle and transport.

But If you want to lift some really big cameras in the future then go for the M600

Hope this helps your decision?

Thanks for the tip on dual cameras..Very nice to have fpv view for the pilot! Haven't thought about that before...

Regards Ronny
http://grimmdrone.se
2016-7-31
Use props
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

Hello Ronny G, thank you so much for your post.
Remote Focus is now compatible with LB2 since the last update. Remote Start/Stop is avalaible in DJI Store and compatible with Ronin Mx, if u search in google: "dji remote start stop".
I said that i need to be ready for more cameras in other productions..., like a Canon 5D. Now I have a GH4 and I think that is cheaper (half price) GH4 than X5R, also i can do timelapse, slowmotion... at ground. While with X5 I need Osmo, and his gimbal is just compatible with X3, X5 and X5R..., in the productions I working..., cameraman need the same camera fly and ground.
Thank you for your opinion.
2016-7-31
Use props
Hammer_Time
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466106 ft
Canada

That is essentially our exact set up.  We have a m600 pro with ronin mx, gh4, srw60, and pilots cam is being mounted as we speak.  

If you run a black pearl from HDMI on the remote you can use that as the pilots cam and have picture in picture with fpv and gh4 and can be set up which is larger in screen.  You can't have pip in app like the inspire 2 which sucks.  We are using a tripod or the secondary monitor

We also have the remote shutter which works but it is only shutter and auto focus control.

I was just looking at maybe the camera controller from intelli-g.com for simple exposure, shutter speed and ISO adjustments.
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules