Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do you know if California is a drone friendly state?
746 7 2016-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

My family is planning a trip to California. Is California a drone friendly state or am I best to leave it at home?

We are driving over the border, is there anything I should know about crossing with it? Any rules about crossing the border with lipos?

Also, how can I get a US registration for my drone? Do I need one for all my drones or just one number for all?

And how can I get the B4UFLY app? It says its univailable in Canada and a vpn does not work!

2016-7-28
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

App: UAV Forcast - This app should tell you all of the info that you need.
DJI Go - The latest version will warn you if you are too close a restricted area.

Drone friendly? Just don't be an idiot. Fly with common sense.

Just don't fly it around tourist areas.
There are two major concerns with flying comsumer drones like the Phantom:
1. Safety
2. Privacy
2016-7-28
Use props
billwish76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft

NNNOOOOOOOO!born and rased in cali.and if its not prohibited by faa the citi its self will ban it.i have to drive a cpl hundred miles to fly.
2016-7-28
Use props
billwish76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft

Go to faa cite for registration.theres no rules on just having it.but the few places i have that are not restricted due to an airport or heliport and there's lots near La I had people tell me they had city ordinance that prohibited drone use in the city period
2016-7-28
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-7-28 20:42
Go to faa cite for registration.theres no rules on just having it.but the few places i have that are ...

thanks, will the b4ufly app have info on this? I have registered and have the app
2016-7-28
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-7-28 20:39
NNNOOOOOOOO!born and rased in cali.and if its not prohibited by faa the citi its self will ban it.i  ...

really? I thought the no drone law was vetoed?

If I am farther than 5 miles from aerodomes and the b4ufly app says its ok to fly, is it really?
What are the laws in cali? I cant fund anything about it online
2016-7-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Michael M Posted at 2016-7-29 15:27
really? I thought the no drone law was vetoed?

If I am farther than 5 miles from aerodomes and th ...

"The State of California knows that drones are injurious to the health of its citizens and may cause Birth Defects, Boils, Spots Before the Ankles, One Day Leprosy, The Dreaded Lurgi, Voluminous Pustules, Galloping Canker, Anthrax Eyes and have been implicated in outbreaks of Lawyers and Ambulance Chasers."
2016-7-28
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-29 02:32
"The State of California knows that drones are injurious to the health of its citizens and may cau ...

2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules