988 6 2016-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I updated the X5R firmware to the latest version, today I get no GPS lock.
It could be a co-incidence - has anyone had any issues with Inspire not acheiving GPS lock?

My Ap is up to date, copter up to date. I could get a lock for about 20 seconds, long enough to take off - then it would go. THere is a chance that the lock came back when the legs were in the down position - but I will need to confirm this.

HELP.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, have you performed an IMU calibration after updating the firmware update?
2016-7-29
Use props
ian
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-30 00:55
To clarify, have you performed an IMU calibration after updating the firmware update?

Yes i have.
2016-7-29
Use props
ian
lvl.4
  • >>>

yes i have.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you able to perform a successful calibration? What kind of areas have you been flying in and how many GPS satellites are you able to acquire? How many do you lose once you take off?
2016-7-30
Use props
ian
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-31 09:24
Are you able to perform a successful calibration? What kind of areas have you been flying in and ho ...

So I recalibrate the IMU and bingo - GPS error gone. However the issue I had with losing video signal remains.
I believe its a mechanical issue over software as it drops out if I do a fast forward or side to side movement. I have tried the Lin Phan solution of loosening off the board, checked the pins but can't see anything. Anyone got any other thoughts?
2016-8-3
Use props
fluxkompensator
lvl.1

Germany

Hi ian

Sounds like the problem I had..
turned out that it was a copper hair that produced a short over to pins of the conecting cable between copter and gimbal..  
check this:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-50607-1-1.html
2016-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules