Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3A RC sometimes crashes Galaxy Note 5 and prevents Startup
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bilzc10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

Sometimes when using my phantom 3 the controller crashes my phone. Its usually when first connecting the rc, but has happened mid-flight. The RC also never fails to get my phone stuck in a bootloop requiring a hard reset. Why does it do this? The drone is a Phantom 3 Advanced, and the phone is a samsumg galaxy note 5 with 4 GB ram running TouchWiz(android), no root. Does anyone else have this problem?
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Bilzc10, when use other devices with your RC, does your RC make them crash? Have you tried to clear the background apps before you use DJI Go app for flight? Any plug-in installed in your phone recently?
2016-7-29
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-29 04:06
Hello Bilzc10, when use other devices with your RC, does your RC make them crash? Have you tried to  ...

i always close all apps on my phone before piloting the drone to reserve resources. Ive only ever flown with my note 5, and its crashed like this from the beginning. Most of the time it doesn't crash the phone, but it happens more often than it should.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-7-29 22:55
i always close all apps on my phone before piloting the drone to reserve resources. Ive only ever  ...

Try a different device that's on the DJI recommended device list to see if you get the same results.

iOS Version v2.8.5.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.3.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-7-29
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 12:45
Try a different device that's on the DJI recommended device list to see if you get the same result ...

i have an s6 active, ill test with that.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-7-30 01:45
i have an s6 active, ill test with that.

I have the same and it works fine. If you are not on Marshmallow then after powering up the RC you have to swipe down form the top and change "USB for Charging" to MIDI. If that doesn't do it then try changing to "Software Installation".
2016-7-29
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4

I've been testing and so far the active hasn't crashed, but I've only been able to use it in about 3 flights. I don't like using it because the screen is smaller and even more cramped than my note 5 with the histogram, manual camera menu, etc. open.
What makes the note 5 crash that the active isn't affected by? They both run the same software and by the same company. The inky differences are screen size and the cell provider. The note being verizon and the active at&the. I also see older notes are supported. Is there any reason the note 5 isn't supported? Is it being worked on rn?
2016-8-10
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4

And I'm running 6.0.1 marshmallow on both phones.
2016-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules