Official MTOM (maximum take off mass) Inspire1 V1?
3367 8 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279114 ft
Netherlands

I'm in the process of getting my paperwork done with the Dutch Aviation Authorities.
One of the questions I have to provide the answer to ASAP, is the MTOM or Max Take Off Mass, of my Inspire1 V1.

I have searched the V1 and V2 manuals but found nothing satisfactory. In one version of the manual I read a max Payload Weight of 3500gr!!!. That can't be right!
Then In another version nothing is said about payload weight at all.

In the Inspire1 PRO specs however, I read that the maximum total weight is 3500gr.

Where can I get a solid proof of the MTOM for the I1 V1?
I need an official document from DJI that states the MTOM of my Inspire V1.

Any help is much appreciated, DJI, please chime in!

Thanks
Jan
2016-7-29
Use props
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Netherlands

I noticed in the Wiki that a take off weight of 3.4Kg is mentioned.

DJI, can you please change this to Maximum Take Off Weight, just like the statement in the the Matrice 100 Wiki?

I need something to refer to. It's a discussion with the Dutch ILenT (Dutch CAA) about the weight class of the Inspire1. If the MTOM is less than 4Kg (which I'm sure is), then it is possible to apply for the new Dutch minidrone rules. That would save an awful lot of admin for those simpler, quick, commercial jobs.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Weight(Battery included):2935g
Max Takeoff Weight: 3400g
2016-7-29
Use props
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-29 12:18
Weight(Battery included):2935g
Max Takeoff Weight: 3400g

Thanks!
Do you have a link to the document where that is stated, the MAX Takeoff Weight, not just Takeoff weight?
2016-7-29
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well though it recomends 3200-3400g max weight it also says

The E800 Motor Package is DJI’s newest masterpiece,
a fine-tuned propulsion system specifically engineered for multi-rotor copters weighing 3-5 kg.

But I think flight time will be 5 Minutes at 5000g. Flight time decreases dramatically on everything over 3kg.

For the government clerks I would however write as less as possible in case of future limits. EU may imply a 4000g instead of actual 5000g limit. If this registration Idiots are too stupid to have known values from manufacturers themselves on file and ask you to do their work then I would be simple and write 2935g to stay in 3kg class. Never make the problems of the others your problems.
2016-7-29
Use props
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Netherlands

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-29 16:00
Well though it recomends 3200-3400g max weight it also says

The E800 Motor Package is DJI’s newest ...

Nice for you to share your own personal thoughts.
I need the hard facts from DJI.
I just need plain answers that I can refer to for the authorities, I can't give "A certain Machoman said that so and so...." as an answer, come on.

2016-7-29
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

You could also get a refugee/eastern country girl give her a 2nd remote and in case of trouble tell SHE was the pilot. Guess what: they cannot fine her! Now you register in Netherlands. Ok. And what if you want to fly in Germany? Austria? Italy? Britain? ....... You register and spend hours of your unpaid time and pay nonsense fees in each country for that government clerks that are too lazy to have the data on file themselfes? Oh and you do this each year and with each new drone in all countries then?

The only thing which makes sense is to find a "pilot" who cannot be fined from the "authorities" where you are flying. And thats the residents of MANY countries even if they have a law enforcement treaty with your country it will only be valid for crimes recognized in their own country but without a drone law.................so if some asshole notes the number plates of your car and you get a letter from some "authorities" just tell them who was the pilot and let them have fun.

2016-7-29
Use props
Lake_Flyer
lvl.2
Netherlands

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-29 18:00
You could also get a refugee/eastern country girl give her a 2nd remote and in case of trouble tell  ...

Thanks again for sharing your idiotic theories.

Now please go and mess up someone else's thread. Preferably one of your own.
2016-7-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lake_Flyer Posted at 2016-7-29 11:08
Nice for you to share your own personal thoughts.
I need the hard facts from DJI.
I just need plain ...

My inspire 1 pro maximum take-off weight is 37 lbs.
2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules