Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't link Focus RC to Motor
3254 8 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Germany

I'm using the Focus Remote for a while with die Inspire Pro and it is working very good.

Today I got a Focus Motor and try to link them, but the menu item "connect motor" is missing on the RC.
Pressing the link button doesn't work.

Are there two types of Focus remotes?

2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

With the Inspire 1, you would only use the Focus Remote and not the Focus Motor. That would only be used with the Ronin series. The Remote is the same amongst the two platforms. Could you clarify what you are using the Focus Motor on and whether you are using the steps on page 14 of the Focus manual? The link can be found below:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/f ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

When you attempt the linking procedure, what LED sequence are you getting?
2016-7-29
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Germany

Hi Jamie,

I used the Focus Remote with my Inspire successfully.
Now I want to use it with my Ronin-M, so I bought a Focus Motor.
In the menu of the Focus Remote I don't have the item "connect motor" under settings.
When I press the link button below the Focus Remote nothings happens. No sound, no change on the display.
2016-7-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alexander.sucke Posted at 2016-7-30 17:38
Hi Jamie,

I used the Focus Remote with my Inspire successfully.

Could you happen to provide a small video on your issue? Have you ensured that the motor is receiving power from the Ronin?
2016-7-30
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

What kind of video are you expecting from a non-existing menu  item?
The Focus Motor is fast blinking, it's powered via p-tap.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

alexander.sucke Posted at 2016-8-2 03:58
What kind of video are you expecting from a non-existing menu  item?
The Focus Motor is fast blinkin ...

I was mostly expecting a mobile device video, for instance, demonstrating your paring process. That will allow for me to get a better visual of what is going on.
2016-8-1
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Ok, got a Solution:
You first have to connect the motor via the data cable, this will change the menu from the X5 structure to motor structure.
Now I have all nessesary menu items and can connect the Motor wireless.

2016-8-13
Use props
FlyThroughFilms
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-1 14:00
I was mostly expecting a mobile device video, for instance, demonstrating your paring process. That will allow for me to get a better visual of what is going on.

Hi Jamie
I'm having the same probelm, I cannot connect DJI focus and motor, our first motor got damaged and DJI sent us new one, now I cannot connect them, I've tried everything - including using the cable.
Please help.

Thanks
Leo
2017-6-24
Use props
fanscbae271b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 643520 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyThroughFilms Posted at 2017-6-24 03:39
Hi Jamie
I'm having the same probelm, I cannot connect DJI focus and motor, our first motor got damaged and DJI sent us new one, now I cannot connect them, I've tried everything - including using the cable.
Please help.

I had this problem too.  The dji focus unit wouldn't let me switch the menu system out of "Zenmuse mode" and back into normal foucs unit mode.  The option wasn't available to connect motor in the menus.  Manually using a paper clip to press the button recessed in the bottom of the hand unit, and then pressing the button on the bottom of the motor itself finally let me pair the two.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules