Dominator V3 Goggles RF Receiver
1695 9 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpferman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1775 ft

I just ordered the Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles and was wondering what the RF Receiver was used for? There is a slot for it o0n the FPV unit and I eras wondering what it is mused for?
2016-7-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

The RF reciever is used to recieve video from other video transmitters on RC Cars etc. I take it you will be using the HDMI for yours?
I have used to have them goggles, they were ok but as I need glasses to see the screen they were not very good for me.

The fan packed in after 2 uses and I had to return them for a refund which I was happy about as I was going to glue an old pair of reading glasses lenses in them

Tony
2016-7-29
Use props
jpferman
lvl.2

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2016-7-29 22:53
The RF reciever is used to recieve video from other video transmitters on RC Cars etc. I take it you ...

Thanks for your kind reply, Sinbad! This Dominator 3 receiver will just be used with my Phantom4. I won't be using it for anything else. Does this mean that I don't have to worry about an RF receiver?
2016-7-29
Use props
jpferman
lvl.2

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2016-7-29 22:53
The RF reciever is used to recieve video from other video transmitters on RC Cars etc. I take it you ...

I wear glasses as well and not sure what I'm going to do. With my glasses off I can still see the read-outs, but not completely clearly.
2016-7-29
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

Try the lens made to snap in front of the screen.
2016-7-29
Use props
jpferman
lvl.2
United States

EdM Posted at 2016-7-30 09:27
Try the lens made to snap in front of the screen.

I'm not sure how to do that
2016-7-29
Use props
jtusman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327024 ft
United States

You will not use the RF Receiver if using the Fatshark's with a Phantom 3 or 4. You need to get a HDMI module for your controller. It takes about 10 minutes to install it on you Phantom controller. The HDMI cable you need comes with the Fatsharks. Try the goggles when you get them first as I wear glasses trifocals but I can see with the Fatsharks with out any corrective lenses. If you cannot see clearly purchase a set of:
https://www.amazon.com/Fat-Shark ... s=fat+hark+diopters  at amazon or other hobby suppliers. At amazon they cost $14.93 and slide into slots in the Fatsharks.
2016-7-29
Use props
jpferman
lvl.2

jtusman Posted at 2016-7-30 11:11
You will not use the RF Receiver if using the Fatshark's with a Phantom 3 or 4. You need to get a HD ...

Unfortunately, the diopter so are for near-sighted people- I am far-sighted. Thanks for the tip, though!
2016-7-29
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

jpferman Posted at 2016-7-29 23:55
Thanks for your kind reply, Sinbad! This Dominator 3 receiver will just be used with my Phantom4.  ...

Thats correct you just will not use the RF functionality, though you may at a later date if you wanted too. you will need the HDMI Module as pointed out and that is a very easy installation. I also tried the 'diopter' which did nothing for me as I am long sighted.

I hope one day there will be a decent set of goggles that allow you to adjust the lenses. I am sure there will at some point.

Remember to have a spotter with you and dont forget to turn your body to face the drone

Tony
2016-7-30
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The receiver module will not work with the Phantom in any case.  The Phantom uses a proprietary encoding for the stream,  and it is not compatable with the FatShark receiver.  You would need to mount a camera on the Phantom that will talk to the receiver.
As a couple of alternatives,  you can get an Nvidia Shield tablet instead of the Hdmi module.  The Shield has an Hdmi out port on it that the goggles will plug in to.
  A better solution,  as far as performance of the fpv,  is to forget the FatSharks completely and get something like the Headplay goggles,  or for about the same performance on the cheap,  a set of VRBox goggles that you insert your device into.  The advantage over the FatSharks are many.  A bigger screen with a better field of view.  Head Tracking,  which means that when you tilt your head,  it tilts the camera gimbal,  when using the Litchi App.  Cost,  the VRBox setup is about 25 bucks as opposed to the 359.00 for the FatSharks.  What I did was,  I got the Hdmi module,  the FatSharks and the VRBox.  Now,  if I want to,  I can use 2 sets of goggles at the same trime,  so my " co-pilot " also has a goggle fpv view.  This is a big hit.

2016-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules