12Next >
7032 60 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RSV_Ecosse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133520 ft
United Kingdom

Read last night that there was a new firmware release for the Phantom 3 Standard - 1.7.8 (01.07.0082)? There was a thread concerning this over on the Phantom Pilots forums.

Any official word on this? As in, when is it likely to be released? I've been lucky with my P3S and the 1.6.80 firmware in that I've had none of the reduced range issues that many others have experienced but all the same, would be nice to see new firmware being released to address those issues.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there is new firmware to come out and it is in beta testing and a beta tester posted a link to it and that person has violated the NDA. If there was anything to come out it would only be on the official DJI aircraft page .
2016-7-29
Use props
RSV_Ecosse
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Ken, much appreciate the info. I will await an official announcement and keep my eye on the official pages.
2016-7-29
Use props
rowdx228-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 21:40
If there is new firmware to come out and it is in beta testing and a beta tester posted a link to i ...

DJI-Ken,

Only one question.
Why DJI doing so secretive about the P3S problems?
Just admit that a mistake has been made, and that it will be resolved.

Saves think a lot of work for you. and the forum can be cleaned up to 50% .

but that's my opinion..

2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-7-30 04:27
DJI-Ken,

Only one question.

No mistakes at all happened, if you have a range issue with your aircraft and all of the troubleshooting steps will not Revadee it, then send the aircraft in to be repaired.
2016-7-29
Use props
rowdx228-sp
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 22:43
No mistakes at all happened,if you have a range issue with your aircraft and all of the trou ...

DJI-Ken

I did, and I have a new one sent to me from DJI. (Great service of Droneland NL)
After the update "out off the box" the same problem again ...
explain that to me ...

2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-7-30 05:29
DJI-Ken

I did, and I have a new one sent to me from DJI. (Great service of Droneland NL)

Sorry for the spelling error, my speech to text is not working that well obviously.  Have you contacted the support center and let them know what had happened?.
2016-7-29
Use props
RSV_Ecosse
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Have to say, I'm a new P3 Standard owner and once I had mine delivered, I fired it up straight out of the box and it told me I needed to update the Firmware......which I did. Thankfully I had no issues rangewise with 1.6.80. No idea why I managed to get away with no problems as I'm aware lots of folk did have issues.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RSV_Ecosse Posted at 2016-7-30 05:39
Have to say, I'm a new P3 Standard owner and once I had mine delivered, I fired it up straight out o ...

That's great you're not experiencing any difficulties.
2016-7-29
Use props
rowdx228-sp
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 23:39
Sorry for the spelling error, my speech to text is not working that well obviously.  Have you con ...

Contact is through the dealer. they have the RMA signed by DJI.
And their I also had a new one sent to me ...

their are reported to DJI.
Answer: Wait to the next firmware update ...
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-7-29 15:41
Contact is through the dealer. they have the RMA signed by DJI.
And their I also had a new one sen ...

Ok, no problem. Sounds good.
2016-7-29
Use props
rowdx228-sp
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-30 06:53
Ok, no problem. Sounds good.

So, this brings us back to the familiar question ....
Will there be an update or not ....
(I guess I get no answer to my question...)
2016-7-30
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-7-30 20:07
(I guess  ...

I asked a similar question in the thread:

DJI - Has software development for the P3S ended?

Ken replied as best he can to my thread

It would appear that someone has linked (on a different forum) to some Beta firmware for the P3S. This would be in breach of a Beta testers Non Disclosure Agreement which they would have to sign. I haven't tried that firmware myself and I am not a Beta tester

It is frustrating that many people are having problems - I'm in the UK with CE mode and my range and video downlink is far from perfect with my P3S some of the time but I have to say also that sometimes I get MUCH better than the maximums quoted  ?!?

I'm finding it hard to wait patiently too but I know from experience with software development that often when you fix/improve something you often break something else

I am hopeful that there is an update in the pipeline soon
2016-7-30
Use props
rowdx228-sp
Second Officer
Netherlands

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-7-30 14:07
(I guess  ...

And YES I'm right, after 4 days no reply from DJI
As usual...
2016-8-3
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sent mine back for repair. Got it back today. Same problem still. Looks like the only thing eh did was kick it around the factory. Came back filthy with the stickers ripped off.. Absolute disgrace.
2016-8-3
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Netherlands

WolvesSi Posted at 2016-8-3 22:14
Sent mine back for repair. Got it back today. Same problem still. Looks like the only thing eh did w ...

They have sent me a new one.
But still exists with the same problem ...
This one (the second one) has also returned to DJI related "stress cranks" around 3 engine legs. (23 days old !! 6 flights)
I have pictures made before i send it to DJI.
I hope I get it normal back, (without the cranks)

keep my fingers crossed.

2016-8-3
Use props
Tobz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had range issues on 1.6.8 I downgraded and they're much better. I was consistently told you cannot downgrade by DJI and that it's nothing to do with firmwares. I'm not knocking them though they do provide an awesome platform and app, and a 24/7 online chat service. I may retry the latest firmware again sometime soon, I was told on the live chat by one person to downgrade if nothing else worked and that they're working on another firmware with no official release date yet - every other person on the live has said differently.  
2016-8-3
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You mean this thread?

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -07-0082-p3s.85478/
2016-8-4
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-7-29 16:27
DJI-Ken,

Only one question.

Don't expect them to admit there's an issue with the last FW or any FW. If they do it could lead to claims for damage do to mishaps that would be blamed on the fault of the FW. People already put blame on DJI for fly-a-ways and crashes that are clearly the fault of the owner. Imagine if they owned up to a flaw in FW.
2016-8-5
Use props
saclint
lvl.1

South Africa

All the same all the same bla bla bla , FUCK DJI ....................... I tried the  beta fw and its much better range way better , jittery plane not as bad but as per many posts think the last p3s fw had  caused damage , in away I'm happy to fly a better distance now and a kind of a stable vraft but it's still not as it was last year with I think 1.5.7 , 1.6.8 fw has known issues and they won't admit as per above reasons, why now running the beta. Version saying 1.6.8+ now all of a sudden much better, same area , same weather conditions , same as always ? Dji get your shit together. It's not one guys complaining it's plenty , we are tired of hearing sent for repairs , oh and they don't cover shipping costs for areas out of there range at all so no help there, why should I cover extra costs for there shit , I as many is waiting for the official fw release to fix your big as on the 1.68 release , do it do it , honestly Jaime enough of dji
2016-8-10
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

Some sort of acknowledgment that a new firmware is in development and if, a ETA on delivery would be nice.
2016-8-14
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

If we bump this thread and keep it at top maby then we can get some sort of official reply
2016-8-15
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer

Larsaunitz Posted at 2016-8-16 01:11
If we bump this thread and keep it at top maby then we can get some sort of official reply

BUMP

But other than something like 'DJI is constantly looking to update the firmware' I don't think we will get any other answer because we are not Beta testers

Clearly though, since two Beta's were recently 'leaked' there is something in the pipeline

Being a Beta tester for another product (not flight) all I can say is 'It's ready when it's ready' - It depends exactly what is being tested
(but I'm as frustrated as you)
2016-8-15
Use props
djcliff.sr
lvl.1

Netherlands

this really sucks .... is there going to be a new firmware update soon?
2016-9-6
Use props
djcliff.sr
lvl.1

Netherlands

rowdx228-sp Posted at 2016-8-3 20:25
And YES I'm right, after 4 days no reply from DJI
As usual...

gozer heb je al een oplossing gehad voor de 1.6?
2016-9-7
Use props
Maddy68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28783 ft
Switzerland

No more words froom DJI-Ken. Thats all bullshit wit no problems. There is a big problem with 1.6.80. After repair still the same problem. I can say only, Lousy cheap product with bad support. Last time im buy any products from DJI...hope the rest of the world also.
2016-9-8
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Netherlands

djcliff.sr Posted at 2016-9-8 09:33

Yep,

Ik kreeg ook nog barsten in de cover bij de motoren.
Toen de drone opgestuurd naar Barendrecht. (DJI repair NL)
Na 2 weken kreeg ik de drone terug. Nieuwe cover, nieuwe camera. (alles onder garantie)
Drone ingeleverd met Firmware 1.5.7, terug gekregen met volgens hun 1.6.8 erop.
Hun hebben de drone getest op afstand en hoogte bereik. alles lijkt in orde nu.
Alleen het vreemde is dat de Drone aangeeft dat hij wil updaten naar 1.6.8
Dat gaan we dus niet doen. drone staat nu op firmware 1.2.40+ daar is hij mee geleverd na reparatie.
En geen haar op mijn hoofd die ook maar denkt om te gaan updaten. drone vliegt met gemak over de 500 meter+ en 120 meter+ hoogte zonder een enkel signaalverlies.
[Ze hebben waarschijnlijk gewoon een nieuwe opgestuurd met stock firmware.]
kost wat energie en een lange adem hebben, maar uiteindelijk heb ik nu een goed werkende drone.
Niet op 1.6.8 zoals hun zeggen maar op 1.2.40+   

Moest wel de drone opnieuw activeren. (nieuwe?)
Groeten,
2016-9-8
Use props
djcliff.sr
lvl.1

Netherlands

JpNL Posted at 2016-9-8 18:48
Yep,

ok duidelijk ...  ik zal denk ik maar op 1.5 blijven dan pfff
2016-9-9
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

djcliff.sr Posted at 2016-9-8 03:33

Forum practice is English only please. Just like commercial pilots worldwide use English on their radios, so other pilots and towers can understand each other.
2016-9-9
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

JpNL Posted at 2016-9-8 12:48
Yep,

Forum practice is English only please. Just like commercial pilots worldwide use English on their radios, so other pilots and towers can understand each other.
2016-9-9
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Netherlands

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-10 04:50
Forum practice is English only please. Just like commercial pilots worldwide use English on their r ...

You're absolutely right.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2016-9-10
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

JpNL Posted at 2016-9-10 17:15
You're absolutely right.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem, just want everyone in the community to be able to read and reply to your post. Happy flying.
2016-9-10
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Netherlands

JpNL Posted at 2016-9-8 18:48
Yep,

Yep,

I also got cracks in the cover at the engines.
When the drone sent to Barendrecht. (DJI repair NL)
After two weeks, I got back the drone. New cover, new camera. (All under warranty)
Drone returned with Firmware 1.5.7, got it back by their 1.6.8 on it. (they say..)
They have tested the drone distance and altitude range. everything seems fine now.
Only the strange thing is that the drone indicating that he wants to update to 1.6.8
So we will not do. Drone is now firmware 1.2.40+ there he came along after repair.
And not a hair on my head even thinking to update. drone flies with ease on the 500 meter and 120 meter + + height without any signal loss.
[They probably just have a new one sent with stock firmware.]
takes some energy and have a long breath, but finally I now have a working drone.
1.6.8 not like their say but 1.2.40+

it had to reactivate the drone. (New?)
Regards,
2016-9-10
Use props
dennis
New

Canada

Maddy68 Posted at 2016-9-8 04:03
No more words froom DJI-Ken. Thats all bullshit wit no problems. There is a big problem with 1.6.80. ...

I think Ken is doing an impressive job and seems to single handedly hold the ship together for DJI on this Forum from all the extensive reading I've done in just a few days. He's honestly trying to resolve problems with the limited support and information given to him. I hope he's getting paid for this job and paid well. If not, his talent and devotion is a highly sought commodity in the business world.
2016-9-10
Use props
kvikgraesvej
New

Denmark

I downgraded my firmwear from 1.6.80 to 1.5.7. It actually increased the fight distance from 35 meters to around 400. So to its better, but far from acceptable.. all this firmwear issue haven taken away all the joy I was looking for.
I could of course send it back to DJI, but most of you who did, didn't had the problem solved. So I feel I'm kind of stock right now... I guess the plan is waiting for a new FW ??
2016-9-11
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

kvikgraesvej Posted at 2016-9-11 05:34
I downgraded my firmwear from 1.6.80 to 1.5.7. It actually increased the fight distance from 35 mete ...

Don't really agree with the assumption that "most didn't have the problem solved" after returning their drone to DJI for repair. I've done a lot of reading here on the forum and I would say more people than not have their drone fixed and working better than before. Are some still complaining yes, but I've heard of many good outcomes also.
2016-9-11
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-11 23:41
Don't really agree with the assumption that "most didn't have the problem solved" after returning  ...

For me, with a P3S 1.5.7 and 1.6.80 in CE land were 'ok'

I just want to know when we can expect a 1.7.xx (which we know has been in Beta)

Soon, Sometime, Never - would be an answer

Not 'If there was anything to come out it would only be on the official DJI aircraft page' - I'm only asking
2016-9-11
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

i quate Dji_Thor Hi, we're testing the new firmware, one will come out.

2016-9-11
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

And then i quote Dji-Ken

" i quote dji-ken on anotherr post
DJI has no plans for Standard firmware, if your Standard has range issues and you've gone though all the troubleshooting steps then please contact support and send it in for repair.
Lots of people keep complaining for months and nothing is going to happen.
And then lots of people who complained, then sent their aircraft in and they are now happy.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, that's currently the only way to resolve it."

What shall we beliewe every time they say send in your bird for repair??guess if all who has problem with the standard havo to do this.dji will get burried in standards and this is not good for their reputation

Rene

WHO SHALL WE BELIEVE???
2016-9-11
Use props
jsemedo
lvl.2

Portugal

I've been able to fly my P3S every week with no issues.Just after the last  update I had some RC issues, but then I managed to perform on a big clear field , a flawless compass calibration and since then I'm flying ok with range up to 800... 900 mts.
In the past I used to calibrate compass before every flight,with some flight issues...DO NOT do that.

Fly safe
2016-9-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules