Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Domains for Drones
2506 19 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Need a Domain?

DomainsForDrones.com
2016-7-29
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

wow those are so expensive. Here let me save everyone some cash by one simple google search:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=domain+names+under+%241
2016-7-29
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

What's the term for that -- people who register a bunch of domain names they think might be popular in the hope that they can sell them for a profit -- "Cyber squatters"?
2016-7-30
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

gil Posted at 2016-7-30 04:45
What's the term for that -- people who register a bunch of domain names they think might be popular  ...

Been a little busy but finally remembered to post this.

Cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting), according to the United States federal law known as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, is registering, trafficking in, or using an Internet domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else.

Nope. They aren't squatting. Just grabbing all the good domains. There are quite a lot more domains than there were there before. I lucked out and found a decent one that was available but they are hard to find.
2016-8-19
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

They aren't even very good domain names, just buying up the rubbish left over from everyone else taking the good ones years ago. The fight for a .com domain is so last decade, unless you're a corporate there are 100's of TLDs to choose from now.

I guess they just wait for some poor unsuspecting startup company to use the same name as one of their domains and they'll have to cough up the cash to buy it from them. All they need to do is sell 1 and they're in profit.

IMHO Scumbags lol
2016-8-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

They should have got domainsfordrones.fail (only £40)

These are still available and cheap..

uav.fail
phantom.flight
phantom.photos
uav.contractors
drone.memorial
drone.rip (£400)
2016-8-20
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-8-20 02:57
They should have got domainsfordrones.fail (only £40)

These are still available and cheap..

Sounds like life has been a bit hard on your end my friend. I do hope it improves.
2016-8-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-8-20 18:12
Sounds like life has been a bit hard on your end my friend. I do hope it improves.

Everything is fine over here, doing very well, and I'm not your friend. Your disingenuous concern does nothing for me. Go and tout your dodgy domain names elsewhere.
2016-8-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

I was going to leave this but it's been wet and windy all day and I need to vent a little. So why not expose the spammer, fake and fraud

"They aren't squatting" - I think you meant to say "I'm not squatting"

30-Jul-16 13:36, 66.215.66.104, Flighttime, jagwebdev@gmail.com, Banned for link spam

https://who.is/whois/domainsfordrones.com
Name Greg Lucas
Organization JagWebDev
Email flighttime@gmail.com

https://who.is/whois/jagwebdev.com
Name Greg Lucas
Email flighttime@gmail.com

I don't think Greg will be back, maybe DJI want to delete all this.
2016-8-20
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-8-20 12:41
I was going to leave this but it's been wet and windy all day and I need to vent a little. So why no ...

LOL... If I wanted my info private, I'd make it that way. Like I said... You seem to have had a really rough time of it. Enjoy.
2016-8-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

I can understand the usual spammers, just clicking a button to send a million emails. But people like you are scum. You take the time to personally manipulate and deceive people. I think you're the one having a bad time if your days are spent spamming forums.
2016-8-20
Use props
Viridis
Captain
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can see the appeal of those $5 domains for those who don't use any kind of search engine.
2016-8-20
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-8-20 13:31
I can understand the usual spammers, just clicking a button to send a million emails. But people lik ...

Matt-and-Riley... Look. I have no clue what your problem is and I really don't care. Small people bore me. If you ever join the real world where posting info that could be quite useful is not spam, maybe we can chat again. Till then, your little digs will just fall by the the waist-side, where they belong.
2016-8-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

You care enough to reply. How is it useful that you've registered a handful of domains and selling them on at stupid prices? How is it useful you try to mislead people into thinking you are recommending the site? How is it useful you try to hide your involvement in the site? You do nothing useful.
2016-8-20
Use props
Viridis
Captain
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The wayside, the phrase is "by the wayside"

Plus, sorry but you aren't posting information that could be useful to anyone but yourself, you are hawking massively overpriced url domains that no one with an ounce of intelligence would buy, whilst making out it is "helpful" to people.
You may be able to justify cyber squatting to yourself, but I'm afraid your target market is a bit more educated than most squatting targets.

Viridis
Www.Sky-studios.co.uk (£1.99)
2016-8-20
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

Viridis...

First... Where the hell did waist-side come from lol. No clue.

So on the site. As you know, part 107 is coming up shortly. I'm waiting for my 333 and going to jump on the 107 first chance. So, yes, I've been domain shopping and so will quite a few other folks once the 107 is enacted. One of the things I also do is build websites. It would be impossible for me to not see a chance to throw up a website to sell drone domains after seeing what is and is not available. Someone is going to grab them, it's really that simple and it won't be the end user in most cases. As far as the prices, I'd be shocked if someone came on the site and just went ahead and paid the listed price. I have some that are reasonably priced and others that are purposely overpriced because I feel they will gain value over time. I posted here because if someone really wants a domain, all they have to do is email from the site and make an offer. I'm not looking to retire on domain names but you do have to put a price on them and what you see on the site is not even close to the insane prices I've seen. Sorry, nothing shady here. I did not properly represent the site as my own because there was no reason to, but I'm not hiding anything. Again... it's not cyber squatting unless you grab the name of an existing trademark. This is just good old capitalism. You buy something and hopefully make a profit on it. You know, like everyone from the local candy store to Walmart does.
2016-8-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

I have no idea what those numbers mean, I want a 69 followed by a 99 flake, I would think 419 would be more of your number.

"I did not properly represent the site as my own because there was no reason" - You purposely distanced yourself from it, you didn't just withhold information, you tried to deceive people.

My local candy store doesn't stalk forums touting their goods or try to mislead me. It doesn't charge a 1000% markup. Candy is not a domain name.

Why have you been booted from the other forums?
2016-8-20
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-8-20 15:39
I have no idea what those numbers mean, I want a 69 followed by a 99 flake, I would think 419 would  ...

Matt-and-Riley...

The FBI has been informed of your actions impersonating and attempting to slander my name.
2016-8-21
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

Hahaha, you are very funny. I think you probably mean libel not slander. Is the F in FBI for federal? Wiki says "On the federal level, there are no criminal defamation or insult laws in the United States.". So even if I was in your country and bound by your laws it's not an FBI case. I couldn't give a toss what your FBI think or say.

I'm not sure what 'attempted' libel / slander would be. I did or I didn't.

How have I impersonated you?
2016-8-21
Use props
used quads
New

usedquadcopters.com

(useddrones.com sold July 2017 $15,000)

USED QUADCOPTERS DOMAIN Get usedquadcopters.com today!

** don't forget to ask about the 'twitter handle' when purchasing **
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/usedquadcopters
OR
Brokerage: Right of The Dot Inc.
Email: monte@rightofthedot.com
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules