OSMO X5 Gimbal Lock
2667 14 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Dear DJI Team,
We all know a problem that we can not make time laps or use Osmo X5 for taking picture with long shutter speed because gimbal has shifting.

May I use phisical lock like this?  http://limitless-aerial-systems.myshopify.com/collections/dji-phantom-accessories/products/dji-x5-gimbal-lock

to avoid gimbal shifting. I know in this case camera starts beeping, but it does not bother me if it does not break the gimbal.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's 3rd party accessory, and they used DJI's logo without authorization,  so DJI doesn't recommend it.
2016-7-31
Use props
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-31 16:08
It's 3rd party accessory, and they used DJI's logo without authorization,  so DJI doesn't recommend  ...

So, then what do you recommend to lock gimbal on OSMO with X5?
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

KEA Posted at 2016-8-1 22:19
So, then what do you recommend to lock gimbal on OSMO with X5?

Well, officially I can't recommend you any 3rd party stuff. It's your choice.
2016-8-1
Use props
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-2 12:26
Well, officially I can't recommend you any 3rd party stuff. It's your choice.

But can you just tell me if physical locking of gimbal could break it or not?
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

KEA Posted at 2016-8-2 12:41
But can you just tell me if physical locking of gimbal could break it or not?

I would suggest you contact the seller about it, I assume they tested this on their own X5  before they actually sell them..
2016-8-2
Use props
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Are there any updates from your engineers about locking gimbal for taking time-lapse?
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

KEA Posted at 2016-8-4 23:34
Are there any updates from your engineers about locking gimbal for taking time-lapse?

Sorry, not yet..
2016-8-4
Use props
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hi DJI team.

We all are still waiting for fixing problem of gimbal shifting.

I bought Osmo + Zenmuse X5 hoping that I'll be able not only shooting video but the great pictures as well. I want ta take beautiful night pictures with my X5, but I can't because it needs long shutter speed. The DJI GO lets me use long shutter speed taking a picture, but due to gimbal is shifting my pictures are blurred.

Please, give me any recommendation how I can solve my problem.  
2016-8-22
Use props
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Dear DJI Team, why don't you reply?
2016-10-11
Use props
KEA
lvl.2
Hong Kong

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME????
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

KEA Posted at 2016-11-24 11:33
WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME????

I'm not, I see your question, but I don't have a solution for this drifting issue during timelapse.
2016-11-23
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Sorry for jumping in. I am a new Osmo X5 owner but I cannot find timelapse functions on X5. In fact, I find Pro version seems to be a very poor cousin of Mobile and Osmo Original.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

DTK Posted at 2016-12-7 22:08
Sorry for jumping in. I am a new Osmo X5 owner but I cannot find timelapse functions on X5. In fact, I find Pro version seems to be a very poor cousin of Mobile and Osmo Original.

There's no timelapse function for X5
2016-12-7
Use props
EofA
lvl.1
United States

This drifting issue is insane. I work at a State University, and we have waited 3 months for our Pro x5 Kit. Shot my first interview yesterday with the new setup. So damn frustrating. Can't lock out the gimble? Are you kidding me? What a sad oversight. I'm sure it'll take some work in the software but c'mon. Or there's going to be yet another attachment you need that'll cost at least $45.00.

Also, the Pro Kit? Not including a tripod attachment or mount? Have to buy the $55.00 extension or the adjustable one? That's bad business. Or that was done because DJI already knows about the "not being able to lock down the gimble.

Huurumph!

And no timelapse... ugh. I'm starting to regret recommending this camera for our department.
2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules