Inspire 1 just beeping after upgrde
5068 12 2016-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juergen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21227 ft
Switzerland

I just ried to upgrade my Inspire 1 and now it just beeps. It is doing a kind of double beep. Doesnt matter what I amdoing it keeps on doing that. What can I do?
2016-7-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Are you talking the aircraft or RC Transmitter ?
I have the tones listed in my tips page

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
When Updating has begun  on the aircraft you will hear a "Four beat tone" dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd and flashing green and red lights .  Just give it some time , updates can take up to an hour , but usually about 20 min.

On the Aircraft .....

-Updates sometimes take a while, wait for the tone to change to  a " One beat pause two beat  tone"  d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd  or the solid  green light even better.

-If you hear a long  " No pause beat "   dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  update has failed. Try again.  Remove SD card and Place in computer and look at the File "Result" or the Hidden file to get to the Nitty Gritty.  Use search tool  magnifying glass and find  "Hidden File" tutorial.

donnie

2016-7-31
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-31 18:52

It is the aircraft. I left it on for a while now and now the beeping has stopped and it had different types of blinking. Right now the light is flashinf rapidly in yellow green. I am just waiting now what happens.
2016-7-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-7-31 11:57
It is the aircraft. I left it on for a while now and now the beeping has stopped and it had differ ...

Be sure to take the SD card out and look for the words "Success " that is the most important  to confirm a successful install.
If it does not say   "success " start over and read my  tips page from start to finish .

donnie
2016-7-31
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Try what Donnie says but it may also be a bad download. Format the sd card in your pc and download again just to make sure.
2016-7-31
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-1 09:31
Try what Donnie says but it may also be a bad download. Format the sd card in your pc and download a ...

Thanks a lot. I got it to work. It just took very long. Now it is updated to the latest SW version.
2016-8-1
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

After no issues updating firmware over the last year, I finally ran into the same problem you're  having...one continuous beep, indicating failure.  This happened when I tried  to update from 1.8 to 1.9.30.  I then tried to go back to 1.8 and the same thing happened.  I tried several times without success.  I read that someone who was having the same issue, formatted the memory card using exfat instead of fat32. I tried it and the update worked!
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-1 16:49
Thanks a lot. I got it to work. It just took very long. Now it is updated to the latest SW version ...

Good to hear you got yourself up and running.
2016-8-1
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

Same here I did the update before my first ever flight and I had all kinds of beeps. So I downgraded to 1.8?? and it flew just fine until the next battery. I was back to beep beep and I figured I will update to 1.9?? and do an IMU calibration and it's back to flying again. Yeah but I hope it will work on more than 1 flight. Thanks for the tips guys.
2016-8-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

n2stuff Posted at 2016-8-3 00:31
Same here I did the update before my first ever flight and I had all kinds of beeps. So I downgraded ...

Read my tips page, might help with next update.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
donnie

2016-8-3
Use props
Ben Kennedy
lvl.1

Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-31 08:52

I turned off my inspire during update now it will not stop beeping.
I spoke to Technical Support they told me to leave the drone on for an hour and all stop I left it on I went out when I came home the aircraft was off and as soon as I turned it back on it started beeping again
2019-11-21
Use props
Ben Kennedy
lvl.1

Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-31 08:52

I spoke to Technical Support they told me to leave the drone on for an hour and all stop I left it on I went out when I came home the aircraft was off and as soon as I turned it back on it started beeping again
2019-11-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Ben Kennedy Posted at 11-21 04:35

I had this issue when I accidentally turned on the radio while ac was updating.

All you have to do is renew the firmware by downgrade and upgrade.
2019-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules