Any GL1800 Goldwing Owners out there? (will it fit?)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike_71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277057 ft
United States

Hi all, new phantom 3 adv owner, one of the reasons I bought this drone is to take videos on the trips the gf and I take on my goldwing gl1800 (it's a motorcycle for those not familiar, big ass touring one).  I am wondering if anyone has figured out how transport a phantom 3 in the gl1800 luggage?  I am 90% sure it wont fit in the rear trunk, but I am wondering if maybe there is a way to make it fit in one of the side luggage comparents.  I havent tried it yet and I am not hopeful TBH, but maybe one of you clever people has figured this out?

And yes, a luggage rack would be perfect on the top of the rear trunk, unfortunately I installed a spoiler on the trunk recently before this drone hobby came up, so thats a no go I think.

Thanks much!

2016-7-31
Use props
SteveCurry
lvl.1

United States

Haven't used it yet on a trip but plan to. The question is what do I leave behind. My camera equipment already occupies side compartment. My plan would be to use my luggage rack. Should fit nicely. At the moment I'm interested in trying the "Follow Me mode" possible thru the hills.

Big D in Texas
2016-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules