Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1's camera is unable to compete against GoPRO
3286 11 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelzyh
lvl.1
Canada

I just flied my Inspire 1 today at the same location I used to fly my GoPRO camera.

The result was quite disappointed that the pictures seem dirty.  Unlike the pictures I took by GoPRO, which looks much better.

I tried to both ways: extract frame from 4K video, or took pictures directly.

GoPRO Hero4 Black

GoPRO Hero4 Black

Inspire 1

Inspire 1
2015-1-26
Use props
neuroverse
lvl.1

United States

Actually,  I feel more partial to the Inspire shot! Might just be more saturation and contrast though..
2015-1-26
Use props
gizadog.email
lvl.3
United States

I "flew" my Inspire 1 and the photos are amazing!
2015-1-26
Use props
abe.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, you may or may not be right, but there's no way to tell from these two shots. They were taken at different times of the day, with dramatically different lighting and likely different ISO, aperture and shutter settings. To do a real comparison of the two cameras you'd need to shoot with the same settings in the same lighting conditions.
2015-1-26
Use props
Jscgaston
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

At the same altitude as well

2015-1-26
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you shooting raw images and processing in lightroom or photoshop?  If you are just shooting jpgs you are missing out on the high quality stuff this little camera can do.
2015-1-26
Use props
averbouwens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

They are taking forever to build my house!
2015-1-26
Use props
michaelzyh
lvl.1
Canada

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-27 11:06
Well, you may or may not be right, but there's no way to tell from these two shots. They were taken  ...

You are right.  My conclusion may not be fair.  But this is my first impression of Inspire 1.  I surely will try it later with both of my drones to shoot at the exactly same situation.
2015-1-26
Use props
michaelzyh
lvl.1
Canada

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-27 11:13
Are you shooting raw images and processing in lightroom or photoshop?  If you are just shooting jpgs ...

I tried to shoot raw and also to extract a frame from 4K video.

The raw picture definitely is better than the picture extracted from video.  But for my experience of GoPRO Hero4 Black, each picture I drew from its video was so good -- almost as good as a standalone picture.
2015-1-26
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

These pictures were taken at different times of the day and different times of the year and at different altitudes.  This is not a good comparison.
Despite that I like the Inspire image more.  It is very sharp and look at the rich blacks and the colour saturation of the red pickup truck.
The overall contrast is more to my liking as well.
Just my take....
2015-2-1
Use props
geox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 732339 ft
Greece

you can not compare bananas with apples.
please be more professional.
judge the quality from pictures taken from same height, same hour, same flight session, same position.
go pro is action camera (add on to any mobile), inspire1 is a complete flying drone with 4k camera.
put the go pro on inspire on and take some pictures simultaneously.
waiting for new shoots
2015-2-1
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-27 11:06
Well, you may or may not be right, but there's no way to tell from these two shots. They were taken  ...

Actually, they could have been taken from the same height. The GOPRO's 4k can only be used at its widest angle setting. Hence, the look of being higher.

Having shot with both, and as a retired videographer, my eye prefers the camera from DJI. You may want watch to watch this comparison:
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules