Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Random restart/reboot while recording
1644 31 2016-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metrodjs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256 ft

Just purchased the OSMO. One major problem I have is that while recording in any resolution, it reboots on its own.  The screen goes black and white,  fan turns off,  then it comes back on and back to live video,  but goes to 4k recording resolution regardless of what resolution it was set at prior to the reboot.
How can i fix this.  It's very annoying.
Is it an sd card issue?  Hardware?  Firmware?   

Latest firmware as of today
Latest Android version as of today
64gb sandisk extreme pro card
Galaxy s6 edge plus with 6.0.1
2016-7-31
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

Actually,  it doest matter if its recording or not,  it still randomly reboots. Especially within a minute of turning it on.   Anyone have any ideas on what to try? Before i return it...  
2016-7-31
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 03:17
Actually,  it doest matter if its recording or not,  it still randomly reboots. Especially within a  ...

Hi, do the leds on the handle (camera status indicator or the system status indicator) change colour or blink,before it reboots?
2016-7-31
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-7-31 19:43
Hi, do the leds on the handle (camera status indicator or the system status indicator) change colo ...

The left one flashes as it normally does while recording,  then all of a sudden,  the image goes black and white,  then the fan turns off and it reboots and comes back to the highest recording resolution. Any idea what it might be? Thanks for your time.
2016-7-31
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-7-31 19:43
Hi, do the leds on the handle (camera status indicator or the system status indicator) change colo ...

Sorry for double posting.
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 08:16
The left one flashes as it normally does while recording,  then all of a sudden,  the image goes b ...

Seems like an issue of overheating, could be the chip inside the camera malfunctions, or the fan doesn't work properly.

Either way, I suggest you contact the seller to see if you can do a replacement directly (they're not obliged to), if not, please send an email to support.us@dji.com and we'll repair/replace it for you.
2016-7-31
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Poland

I think you should contact service support. They will send you RMA and then you must send OSMO and you will get new back.
2016-7-31
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply guys.  Weird part is that after it reboots,  it works fine for as long as there's a charge in the battery.
2016-7-31
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

Also,  the original firmware it came with,  it didn't have this issue. After updating it, it started having this problem.
2016-7-31
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 15:47
Also,  the original firmware it came with,  it didn't have this issue. After updating it, it started ...

As posted above it's better to send it in or speak to dji support. Have you tried to remove the camera/gimbal and check the terminals on the handle?
2016-8-1
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-1 04:15
As posted above it's better to send it in or speak to dji support. Have you tried to remove the ca ...

I haven't tried that.  Im leaving for vacation in a couple weeks and was hoping to take it with me,  and i know if i send it in, dji will take forever to return it.  Id rather go exchange it at the store I got it from. Im hoping DJI will offer a solution, so i can troubleshoot. Thanks for your time.
2016-8-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

Ok, hope it all works out for you, when you updated it with the latest FW was that successful?
2016-8-1
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-1 04:26
Ok, hope it all works out for you, when you updated it with the latest FW was that successful?

The text file claims it was successful.
Is there a way to redo or force the firmware update? Even though it's running the latest version?   Thanks
2016-8-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 19:51
The text file claims it was successful.
Is there a way to redo or force the firmware update? Even ...

Try this,go here to get the FW  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
Unzip file, format sd on PC, put bin file onto the sd,put sd into osmo then together press trigger+record+power for a couple of seconds until left led blinks red/green then release the buttons and wait for it to finnish
2016-8-1
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-1 05:03
Try this,go here to get the FW  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
Unzip file, format  ...

Willing to try that. Is it the record button with the red dot?  
2016-8-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 20:06
Willing to try that. Is it the record button with the red dot?

Yes, it's your video record button.
Also have you checked you battery terminal conections inside the handle,and battery terminals
The osmo dosn't stay on long enough at the start to get hot dose it?, cause it sounds like a bad battery connection maybe....?
2016-8-1
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-1 05:15
Yes, it's your video record button.
Also have you checked you battery terminal conections inside t ...

Would it be the battery terminals? Since it turns on,  works for a bit then reboots and works ok after that?
2016-8-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 21:15
Would it be the battery terminals? Since it turns on,  works for a bit then reboots and works ok a ...

Maybe just try another battery if you have one.
2016-8-1
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-1 19:32
Maybe just try another battery if you have one.

I have 4. All do the same. What are the leds supposed to show while doing the forced fw update?   I really appreciate your help  
2016-8-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-2 07:57
I have 4. All do the same. What are the leds supposed to show while doing the forced fw update?    ...

They should be blinking, when blinking stops, update is done
Check this thread out http://forum.dji.com/thread-59723-1-1.html is yours doing the same thing as they show on this thread?
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-1 19:21
I haven't tried that.  Im leaving for vacation in a couple weeks and was hoping to take it with me ...

Hi, it takes about two weeks for you to receive your Osmo back if you send it in.

You can also contact the seller and see if  they can do an exchange for you(they may or may not).

Thank you.
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-2 07:57
I have 4. All do the same. What are the leds supposed to show while doing the forced fw update?    ...

Hold the three-button combination for about three or four seconds, and you'll see the led start blinking green and yellow, then after about ten minutes it will stop blinking and the upgrade is down.

2016-8-2
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-2 02:50
Hold the three-button combination for about three or four seconds, and you'll see the led start bl ...

I tried that and it was flashing red green and after a few minutes it emitted a D..D.D sound. Is that normal?  
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-2 19:34
I tried that and it was flashing red green and after a few minutes it emitted a D..D.D sound. Is t ...

Does the Osmo function normally after that?
2016-8-3
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-4 00:32

Better question is,  do any of the osmo units function properly? Everyone on this Osmo forum,  is complaining about something not working properly. How can you sell sell a product,  and then ask if it's working properly. Shouldn't we be asking you that?  We spend a lot of money on your products but most of them have issues. I also own the Phantom 3 professional and that has issues as well.

And I'm sure DJI will reply with "well try to improve in the future"...
People purchase your products expecting to use them without any issues. Instead,  we're supposed to deal with issues and hopefully they get fixed before the product is old technology
2016-8-5
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-4 03:32

Problem still exists after forced firmware update. It doesn't matter if there is an sd card in or not. It still just randomly restarts. It also restarts while sitting idle and nothing recording. What's causing this problem?  Can i install the previous firmware version to see if it's firmware related?  How can i do that?  
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-5 19:45
Problem still exists after forced firmware update. It doesn't matter if there is an sd card in or  ...

We're very sorry, if the new firmware doesn't fix the issue, you may need to contact support.us@dji.com and send it in for repair.

Thank you.
2016-8-5
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-5 22:07
We're very sorry, if the new firmware doesn't fix the issue, you may need to contact  and send it  ...

What new firmware? Is there a new one?
2016-8-5
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-6 10:32
What new firmware? Is there a new one?

I think DJI-H.C was referring to the latest FW, not new FW.
2016-8-5
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-8-5 22:51
I think DJI-H.C was referring to the latest FW, not new FW.

Ok so i went to the store where i bought it from and they gladly exchanged it for another one.

Now the problems i see, is that the app always shows a warning that you're reaching maximum travel on the motors for pan tilt on the upper right of the screen.
And another problem is that it won't go dead center when you double click the trigger.

Dji,  any ideas?   Or will this be a dud too?

It's not running the latest firmware.
But the dji app is the latest
2016-8-18
Use props
metrodjs
lvl.1

United States

Yes,  i calibrated 50 times,  in case someone asks.
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

metrodjs Posted at 2016-8-18 17:34
Ok so i went to the store where i bought it from and they gladly exchanged it for another one.

N ...

Hi, please update it to the latest firmware to  see if the issue is still there
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules