New problem with 2 week old unit
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I have noticed the last two days of flying that when recording video it will record only 4 or 6 minutes or so and then stop recording. I discovered today that it went back to normal using a different card. So I reformatted the card in the aircraft and tried again. Same problem. It is a 64 gig card that I recieved with the P3A as a bundle and had been working perfectly prior. There does not seem to be a problem reading the files on the card. If I put the 16 gig that also came with it-no problem (records in 14 minute files which I assume is normal). I am going to guess that there is some kind of problem with the card all of a sudden but wondering if anyone else has seen something like this before.
2016-7-31
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Sounds like the card to me. Do you have any more cards you can try?
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Robert, if the original 16GB card works well, you don't need to worry about your camera. Not all the cards have good compatibility since some internal parameters such as timing are different.
2016-8-1
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

I am having Amazon replace the card. It did work just fine for several weeks so something changed.
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-8-2 09:25
I am having Amazon replace the card. It did work just fine for several weeks so something changed.

If I was you, I would get a different make of card, not simply replace wirth the same type. Not all cards are fast enough to handle high resolution video.
2016-8-1
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-2 08:10
If I was you, I would get a different make of card, not simply replace wirth the same type. Not al ...

I will if this one fails again. It is a Sandisk and was bundled with the Drone but I guess that guarantees nothing.
2016-8-1
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I have the same issue with Sandisk. Whaich one did you get? Mine says its a class 10 but not U1. It was a little misleading when I bought it. It worked great until I did the latest update on the quad, now it freezes when recording and stops at random. The card that came with the P3A works fine. Reformatting did not resolve it.
The one I have Sandisk class 10
I can not tell if it is a U1 class 10 or just a class ten. It has a 80 M/Bs write speed. It should be fast enough.?
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-2 13:47
I have the same issue with Sandisk. Whaich one did you get? Mine says its a class 10 but not U1. It  ...

The Sandisk Ultra is a borderline card, it is OK for 1080p recording and can barely manage 2.7K, but will not handle 4K recording. The better card is the Sandisk Extreme. If you look at the photo in that link you will see it says UP TO 80MB/s, and that does not specify the write rate, which is important, it actually means it can read up to 80 MB/s.

Sandisk seems to like playing fast and loose with their card specs, which is a pity because they are good cards. You might also notice that the card in the photo says "Take better pictures and Full HD Video", and it says the same in a little box at the top of the card. Full HD video is actually 1080 x 1920, so they are not really rating it for 2.7K and certainly not for 4K.

2016-8-1
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-2 00:02
The Sandisk Ultra is a borderline card, it is OK for 1080p recording and can barely manage 2.7K, bu ...

Which card do you suggest? Thank you.
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-2 14:31
Which card do you suggest? Thank you.

Personally, all my cards are Sandisk Extreme Pro cards. I use them in my Phantom, GoPro H4, cinema camera and DSLR.
2016-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules