Naza V2 drift / controller reporting movement when stationary
2410 7 2016-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whitek2112
lvl.1

United States

I need help, I have a DJI F550, and I am having trouble with it maintaining a solid hold. the craft has a slight drift both in elevation and in ground plane movement. I have to constantly give it control feedback to maintain it position. It's not a fast movement, its just a slow drift on all three axis x,y,and z. I have reflashed the controller, reset up, done the "field GPS dance", recalibrated both the simple and advanced calibration for the control/ GPS. Been all trough the gains. I've rearranged all my electronics, ( spectrum 8 channel RX (non PPM), Naza V2, DJI CAN Hub, DJI OSD, DJI Bluetooth Ground Station, and DJI remote LED). The Spectrum Rx does NOT have any channels hooked up or setup in the Naza controller for remote gains.  Inside or outside I can power up the F550 and wait for GPS lock (outside) and then go to the DJI Assistant app or the DJI Ground Station app on my iPhone or iPad it shows that there is movement, both vertical and horizontal; This is with a green GPS led and the F550 sitting on the ground waiting for me to arm the propulsion system. No madder what I have tried the controller always reports movement when its stationary, which leads me to thinks this is the cause of the drift.

Any Input simple or advanced, or any steps that I have overlooked would be much appreciated. Realy wanting to go out and fly this and use it to it potential.

Also, I have One more question since there is a sale on right now. Will the naza light GPS work to the same functionality with the Naza M V2 Controller?
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what kind of tuned propulsion are you using? Have you tried adjusting your gains settings some?
2016-8-2
Use props
whitek2112
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-2 13:58
Just to clarify, what kind of tuned propulsion are you using? Have you tried adjusting your gains se ...

I'm using the ESC's and motors that came with the f550 Frame from DJI
Yes I have tried to adjust the gains, and I have done the IMU calibration several times
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

whitek2112@gmai Posted at 2016-8-4 13:36
I'm using the ESC's and motors that came with the f550 Frame from DJI
Yes I have tried to adjust t ...

The F550 itself is solely the frame. It does not have proprietary tuned propulsion. Could you happen to provide a small video of the issue?
2016-8-4
Use props
whitek2112
lvl.1

United States

2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

whitek2112@gmai Posted at 2016-8-17 03:32
https://youtu.be/wtvzS3fJl6A
https://youtu.be/mWV8IOkOmRU

Based on the informaton provided, there may be a barometer issue with the main controller. One other thing you can check is your X,Y and Z axis measurements to ensure that they are accurate. To clarify, this is an out of box issue, or did this occur after a firmware update or hard landing?
2016-8-17
Use props
whitek2112
lvl.1

United States

I've never been able to get this craft to operate right. I would say it an out of the box issue, I've reset and updated the firmware but that never fixed my problem.

it is a main controller issue. I bought a new Naza v2 when they were on sale two weeks ago. Yesterday I replaced only the Naza main controller to start, and I left everything else GPS, PMU.... I set up the new controller and calibrated it, recalibrated the GPS, and within a few minutes of flying and adjusting the GPS for a slight counter-clockwise toilet bowl effect i have my f550 flying better than it ever has before, near rock solid gps hold now.

so the question now is, I would like to use this Naza v2 in another project (DJI F450) and not just as an expensive paper weight. How can I get it serviced, or replaced?
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

whitek2112@gmai Posted at 2016-8-19 01:01
I've never been able to get this craft to operate right. I would say it an out of the box issue, I'v ...

If it is still within its warranty period, you can contact the North American Support Center for a RMA. They can be reached at:

support.us@dji.com
+1 818-235-0789
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules