18861 53 2016-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doc780
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3016014 ft
United States

Rinzler Posted at 2016-8-9 00:41
We should at some point really make this into a tutorial.

Rinzler,  I followed your procedures on on 2 TB48's.  I do not have a LIPO charger but used a MM and DJI 180W charger as per Simple Panda.  This worked great on Battery #1 but the other it did not.  While "manually" charging Battery #2,  I may have let it go too long (ie. 25v).  When I plug in the balance cable, LED #1 & 2 light up, then go out.  Plug charger back in...nothing.  Turn battery on, LED # 1,2 & 3 light up and stay on.  No output.  I even tried installing the battery into the aircraft and turning it on.  Nothing. No power.  Any ideas?  You really seem to know tour stuff.  Help please.
2016-8-13
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

doc780 Posted at 2016-8-13 15:48
Rinzler,  I followed your procedures on on 2 TB48's.  I do not have a LIPO charger but used a MM a ...

That battery is at max charge state. No clue if the cells are equal thou. Your cells are now around 4.3 volts each if you are at 25 volts. This is fine since the DJI charger charges them to that voltage on its own. Basically the pack is to full. I really needs to be set to discharge and some power pulled out of it. You will need a Lipo charger for this. That light bulb dis-charger people use will not work for this as it will not pull them equally down and could kill a cell by over discharge. Doc add me as a friend on here and maybe I can recover it for you.
2016-8-15
Use props
AllanVB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Rinzler Posted at 2016-8-15 09:24
That battery is at max charge state. No clue if the cells are equal thou. Your cells are now around ...

Rinzler,  I too have a simular problem.  I charged with a dji charger then proceded to use, but they would only turn the inspire on then quickly turn off.  LMK how you help.
Thanks
Allan
2016-8-15
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

AllanVB Posted at 2016-8-15 12:53
Rinzler,  I too have a simular problem.  I charged with a dji charger then proceded to use, but the ...

What is the voltage of your pack? Take this using the MM
2016-8-15
Use props
AllanVB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Rinzler Posted at 2016-8-15 10:35
What is the voltage of your pack? Take this using the MM

the voltage is 21
2016-8-15
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

Oh so the pack is at the empty state. Plug it into the charger and see if it will start charginig on its own after a bit. Do you get any status lights on the pack thou when you press the button once?
2016-8-16
Use props
fansa23e161d
lvl.1
United States

I had a p4 battery behaves similar. It will not turn ON, no LED indication. Recharging does not work. Have not found any FW fix. The charge hub seems to work with other P4 batteries. Storage mode is inconsistent.
2017-9-1
Use props
fansa23e161d
lvl.1
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2016-8-2 04:53
Less than 20 cycles on both of the dead ones.

They have a wonderful new behaviour this morning: you plug them in, they flash, and then the top light starts blinking (LED4). The documentation indicates that this is because they believe the temperature to be under 0C.

The so called Intelligent battery is anything but intelligent. A bad design. Does not last more than 30 charges.
2017-9-1
Use props
StefanKrapf
New

Switzerland

Hi, is it possible with a battery for Ronin-M too to recover this?
Because I see that to open up the battery seems to be not that easy. And I don't know if it works too to charge without the electonics.
Thanks a lot
Stefan
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

StefanKrapf Posted at 2018-3-14 23:18
Hi, is it possible with a battery for Ronin-M too to recover this?
Because I see that to open up the battery seems to be not that easy. And I don't know if it works too to charge without the electonics.
Thanks a lot

We do not recommend to open up the battery for any modification, may I know what happens to your battery?
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI-Disappoints
New
Flight distance : 93622 ft
United States

So, this is still a problem with the P4 pro.  DJI support will not help, when, not if, the "intelligent" charging hub destroys batteries left on it in storage mode.  I had 3 batteries, 2 left on the charger in storage mode for about 2 months, and the 3rd left in the drone where I could grab and go.  The 2 left in the charger were destroyed, and DJI refused to do anything about it, not even a modest discount on replacement batteries.  Does anyone have recommendations on 3rd party batteries?  I refuse to pay DJI more money for destroying batteries, so I either need to find some decent 3rd party ones, or go ahead and sell my p4 pro.
2019-2-21
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

DJI-Disappoints Posted at 2-21 19:15
So, this is still a problem with the P4 pro.  DJI support will not help, when, not if, the "intelligent" charging hub destroys batteries left on it in storage mode.  I had 3 batteries, 2 left on the charger in storage mode for about 2 months, and the 3rd left in the drone where I could grab and go.  The 2 left in the charger were destroyed, and DJI refused to do anything about it, not even a modest discount on replacement batteries.  Does anyone have recommendations on 3rd party batteries?  I refuse to pay DJI more money for destroying batteries, so I either need to find some decent 3rd party ones, or go ahead and sell my p4 pro.

How did the intelligent charging hub destroy the batteries? you're not being very clear about the details surrounding the incident.

It's well known among anyone in the community that regularly works with lithium batteries to not leave them on any charger. Whether or not DJI marketed it to people without that knowledge is a different discussion..
2019-2-22
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2-22 05:06
How did the intelligent charging hub destroy the batteries? you're not being very clear about the details surrounding the incident.

It's well known among anyone in the community that regularly works with lithium batteries to not leave them on any charger. Whether or not DJI marketed it to people without that knowledge is a different discussion..

From what I've read in other posts....the charging hub has a "STORAGE" FUNCTION.

Based on those other posts,  one would think you can leave your batteries in STORAGE MODE for a PERIOD OF TIME WITHOUT HARM TO THE BATTERIES.

However, harm is all you get, ( strictly 2nd hand info )  Please do your own research.

Randy
2019-2-22
Use props
acrew
lvl.1

Italy

The real fact is that all DJI batteries are one of the worst product failure i even see in my life. I have to stopped any business with this brand after almost a couple of years of troubles with their bad policies, support and products (hardware and software), batteries failure are only the top of the iceberg...I still have PH4PRO and Ronin MX batteries, which are dead only after few months of correct storage and of course no way to recover them thanks to their absurd control/protection circuitry which cuts the use of the cells even when they're still usable and recoverable at all. They set a too high level of thresold and they never changed at today this fraudulent policy, so the only thing, I'm sorry to suggest to all of you  honestly, is to stop to let them to stolen your money...Last but not least guys, they know very well any of their products failures, but do not expect for any honest reply from them on your issues...
2019-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules