CA Bay Area
123Next >
7449 107 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

I probably won't have my Inspire for a few weeks as I just recently placed my order, however... putting a feeler out there to see if there's anyone in the same area interested in potential meet up's.

I'm new to drones. I've been watching lots of videos and plan to take my first several flights pretty easy. But it might be nice to meet up with some more seasoned flyers if anyone is interested in schooling a noob.

I'm East Bay, but if it's the weekend, woudn't mind going whereever. Again... no drone yet. Playing the DJI waiting game for now.

Thanks and happy flying!
2015-1-26
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Right atcha... I'm in East Bay too. Been wanting to network with other SF Bay Area Inspire owners. 575-1500 Jesse
2015-1-26
Use props
chato1974.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live in Fairfield, but I only get fly at random times (wife, children, work and school) you know?

But I love it! even with the few bugs it has so far.
2015-1-26
Use props
alias12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 673668 ft
Thailand

Hello there I 'm in SF Bay Area, nice to hear from you guys, I 've been flying Phantom and now Inspire. I 'm on vacation since Nov (out of country) will touch base mid of Feb. Hope we can fly someday. cheers!
2015-1-27
Use props
skip.email
lvl.2
United States

I am in the Alamo/Walnut Creek area and fly all the time would love to hook up with some other Inspire pilots... Always great to share knowledge and experiences. Let me know or if Jesse and others I am up for it!
2015-1-27
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

alias12 Posted at 2015-1-27 23:47
Hello there I 'm in SF Bay Area, nice to hear from you guys, I 've been flying Phantom and now Inspi ...

Jake,
Im out of San Mateo County
2015-1-27
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

I'm in Napa. There's a very nice AMA field at Kennedy park, Napa. I'll bring the wine.   Peter
Koavog@gmail.com
2015-1-27
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

Koavog Posted at 2015-1-28 03:03
I'm in Napa. There's a very nice AMA field at Kennedy park, Napa. I'll bring the wine.   Peter

Kennedy park has those huge am antenaes going on.  I was just there Saturday with 2 other owners, and they had a few moments of drop outs.   Not sure but they are huge and there are4-5 of them. Petaluma here.
2015-1-27
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Exciting news to see the responses already. I'll probably touch base again when my Inspire finally arrives.

What are some other places people go 'round here? I'm in Pleasant Hill. Was thinking I might do my first tester's up near Lime Ridge open space. But if anyone has better spots in my mind for my training I'm all ears.

Thanks again.
2015-1-27
Use props
mlglisson.hotma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in Pacifica and fly near the Ocean often with 2 P2V+'s one for day one for night with external leds attached. Still no inspire for me, though my dealer says 1st week of Feb. Not holding my Breath.
2015-1-27
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

johnmont250.ema Posted at 2015-1-28 03:24
Kennedy park has those huge am antenaes going on.  I was just there Saturday with 2 other owners,  ...

Hi John, This is Peter, I flew with you at Kennedy park this past Sunday. I go by koavog on this forum...Any luck resolving your Inspire issues?
2015-1-27
Use props
dcar227
lvl.2

United States

I am located in El Cerrito and just received my Inspire 1. No issues with the shipping and package, now I'm just waiting for the IOS app and the Prop Locks.
2015-1-27
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

Koavog Posted at 2015-1-28 11:40
Hi John, This is Peter, I flew with you at Kennedy park this past Sunday. I go by koavog on this f ...

Oh, hi peter,  right on.   I have rma'd it to the dealer.  So far so good,  thanks for the help.  
2015-1-27
Use props
snathla.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, good to see we have some Inspire 1's in this area, I have one as well, have flown it a few times, waiting for my prop locks as well, hopefully will get this within a week. I have the IOS app and have used it successfully so far. Prefer not to get an Android device.

Looking forward to getting together to take some scenic photography with you. I am in Bay Point, CA
2015-1-27
Use props
snathla.email
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

skip.email Posted at 2015-1-28 01:21
I am in the Alamo/Walnut Creek area and fly all the time would love to hook up with some other Inspi ...

Quick question - where do you fly your Inspire, can't seem to find too many locations
2015-1-27
Use props
dcar227
lvl.2

United States

snathla.email Posted at 2015-1-28 12:39
Hi all, good to see we have some Inspire 1's in this area, I have one as well, have flown it a few t ...

Which version of the App on IOS are you running, 9.2? Also have you ran into anywhere where people prefer you not to fly?
2015-1-27
Use props
snathla.email
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dcar227 Posted at 2015-1-28 13:24
Which version of the App on IOS are you running, 9.2? Also have you ran into anywhere where people ...

I have the first version of IOS, I never upgraded to 9.2. I am a bit careful not to do it in my neighborhood as there is sensitivity on privacy, just a few open spaces
2015-1-27
Use props
skip.email
lvl.2
United States

snathla.email Posted at 2015-1-28 12:41
Quick question - where do you fly your Inspire, can't seem to find too many locations

I fly right off my back deck most the time but I also fly at couple of open space parks. Sugarloaf and Shell Ridge.  I made this video for my neighbors and they have been okay with me flying about...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsnl4k ... eCrest%201.m4v?dl=0

I wouldn't put the last statement in it . I ended up having a lot of neighbors take me up on it.
2015-1-27
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skip.email Posted at 2015-1-28 14:10
I fly right off my back deck most the time but I also fly at couple of open space parks. Sugarloaf ...

Was this with a Phantom?
2015-1-28
Use props
skip.email
lvl.2
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-1-29 06:47
Was this with a Phantom?

Yes before I got my Inspire 1
2015-1-28
Use props
skip.email
lvl.2
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-1-29 06:47
Was this with a Phantom?

Yes before I got the Inspire
2015-1-28
Use props
F66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75571 ft
United States

I'm in Marin County. Received Inspire through Sammy's camera after a 3 week wait. Not bad. Grounded by the app. debacle.  Considering and Android so I can get flight time. After app situation resolves I will be flying here.
2015-1-31
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Did you guys get your Inspire through DJI or some other dealer? Anything local? Thinking of canceling my DJI order and going with another dealer as the thought of waiting at least a month does not sound enticing.
2015-2-1
Use props
Dce
lvl.2

United States

JakeLikesStuff Posted at 2015-2-2 09:43
Did you guys get your Inspire through DJI or some other dealer? Anything local? Thinking of cancelin ...

I got my Bird through DJI, they will ship it over super fast once you get the tracking number.
2015-2-1
Use props
Dce
lvl.2

United States

So I took my first two flights today, the first flight went very well with no problems. But the second flight I ran into an issue every time I took off and got the Bird up about 15ft. It would drift off in one direction without me touching the controller. I will do some more testing next weekend to hunt down this bug, but I think it might be related to the IMU. Has anyone else seen this issue?
2015-2-1
Use props
Terrafx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 720092 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in So. San Francisco and fly out of a golf course that I manage. I'm grounded by App and prop locks. The other issue might be the SFO airport. I had intermittent issues with P2 but was able to still fly. I only go about 10-150ft and the planes are close to 1000 by the time of fly-over.
For those flying with android. What device are you using? I saw Google tablets for $150.
2015-2-3
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Whenever DJI finally sends me my Inspire I'll be flying with Nvidia Shield. Normally an Apple guy, but didn't feeling dropping an additional $600 for the best tablet available after I'd already dropped the green for the Inspire, which for me was a big chunk of change. Shield came today. No idea when my Inspire will be here. Until then I'm playing Portal on my Shield and reading up on other Inspire stuff here on the boards.

I live near Buchanan airport, so I'll have to find some place to go fly once I can.
2015-2-3
Use props
alias12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 673668 ft
Thailand

mlglisson.hotma Posted at 2015-1-28 04:25
I'm in Pacifica and fly near the Ocean often with 2 P2V+'s one for day one for night with external l ...

Nice I always fly in Daly City let's meet up sometimes
2015-2-5
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mlglisson.hotma Posted at 2015-1-28 04:25
I'm in Pacifica and fly near the Ocean often with 2 P2V+'s one for day one for night with external l ...

Well I crashed one of the P2V+'s into the ocean. That girl is GONE.
Bought another used on ebay fairly cheap.
All while waiting for my inspire which I FULLY paid for on Dec 3rd
2015-2-5
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

alias12 Posted at 2015-2-6 00:19
Nice I always fly in Daly City let's meet up sometimes

I will touch base with you sometime.
2015-2-5
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

Canada

Im not in the bay area but out in Modesto. My Inspire is on the way and supposed to be at my house Thursday. If there is no issues and my prop locks come in with my extra batteries Ill be heading up to the windmill farm at the Altamont pass for some foggy morning sunrise fun.
2015-2-8
Use props
a.chin0071.hotm
lvl.2

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-2-9 11:00
Im not in the bay area but out in Modesto. My Inspire is on the way and supposed to be at my house T ...

I would like to know how you plan to fly at Altamont Pass because I'd like to do it as well. I thought of arranging a tour and ask permission.  What do you suggest or recommend where is a good location?
2015-2-12
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I'm just going to go up on Patterson road on the weekend. It's empty up there and typically only some bicyclists going thru  ill be on public land and its a mapped road not on private property. I've done several photo shoots up there for magazines never with a single issue.
2015-2-12
Use props
skip.interactiv
lvl.2
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-2-13 14:13
I'm just going to go up on Patterson road on the weekend. It's empty up there and typically only som ...

I am going to Club Moto at Vasco Rd. And 580 in the morning to fly/video. Motocross it is great practice filming moving targets. But after I might head up Patterson and fly. It will probably be to late...how long are you going to be out there?
2015-2-13
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Almost forgot today is Valentines day. Probably go Monday since I got the day off. Plus my bird came in late yesterday so although first flight was butter smooth last night I want to pls with it little more on Sunday before I go play up there with all those windmills. Yeah call me skeptical but with all the issues everybody has had I want to be extra careful.
2015-2-14
Use props
mkell7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft

I'd be interested in joining up with anyone in the Bay Area. I'm in the east bay (Concord). I've got a dual controller inspire and x3 batteries.
2015-2-14
Use props
skip.interactiv
lvl.2
United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-15 01:21
I'd be interested in joining up with anyone in the Bay Area. I'm in the east bay (Concord). I've got ...

Well I have three batteries and one controller...was thinking of either going up My Diablo or Benicia. Benicia is not bad here is a video I shot the other day. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms676xz89hz6oo1/Benicia.mp4?dl=0
But I here Mt Diablo good too. Let me know if your interested, it is always fun to fly with others!
2015-2-14
Use props
mkell7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft

Mt.diablo is great although I lost a parrot bebop drone up there.  I'd be hesitant to go back there right away again. Just got my inspire so I want to make sure if I need to land it I have a place where I can bring it down and retrieve it.
2015-2-14
Use props
skip.interactiv
lvl.2
United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-15 04:35
Mt.diablo is great although I lost a parrot bebop drone up there.  I'd be hesitant to go back there  ...

Where are you thinking?
2015-2-14
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Wish my batteries would show up. I have three 5700's on order. I only have the stock one so aside from putting an inverter in my car in stuck to on flight on a 4500 until my 5700's show up.  
2015-2-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules