Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CA Bay Area
123Next >
7312 107 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkell7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307431 ft

I'm mobile I can go anywhere.
2015-2-14
Use props
skip.interactiv
lvl.1
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-2-15 07:06
Wish my batteries would show up. I have three 5700's on order. I only have the stock one so aside fr ...

Yea I have one 5700, but I do have an inverter in my car that runs my charger. Works well I use a 4500 first and put it right on charge. By the time I get thru the 5700 and my other 4500 it is about finished charging. The inverter was only $47.
http://www.radioshack.com/radios ... verter&start=10

2015-2-14
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-2-6 01:43
I will touch base with you sometime.

Well I lost the second one (Lost connection) the ocean owns this one too!
I have a third one being repaired and my inspires gets here this week.
I will still fly over the ocean Because where I'm at is too beautiful to pass up also I would rather be on the loosing end than have that thing fall out of the sky and hit someone or their property. Pay to play
2015-2-14
Use props
skip.interactiv
lvl.1
United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-15 11:03

I went over to Sugarloaf open space in Walnut Creek. Here is a video might have to download little heavy...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5z3mx ... en%20Space.mp4?dl=0
2015-2-14
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

skip.interactiv Posted at 2015-2-15 13:20
I went over to Sugarloaf open space in Walnut Creek. Here is a video might have to download little ...

Nicely done sir. My Inspire arrives Monday and I'm trying to think of a place to get my practice flights in. I will definitely consider this one since I'm in Pleasant Hill. Thank you sir.
2015-2-15
Use props
rbchew
lvl.1
United States

Hi I'm in the east bay and just got my inspire late last week.  I am adding a tracker (Dron-Mods model) to my unit before flying.  Love to get together with a few owners to fly an share stories, I previously had the Phantom 2 Vision plus sold it before getting the inspire.
2015-2-16
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-15 11:03

Mine came today. A week ahead of what the FedEx delivery date said it would. Thankfully someone was home.

I plan I doing my maiden test flight tomorrow morning at a local park here in Pleasant Hill. Will probably want to get a few practice flights in before I meet up with folks. But I do look forward to meeting some of you folks at some point.

Here's to  hoping I don't crash $4K tomorrow.
2015-2-16
Use props
mkell7
lvl.4
United States

JakeLikesStuff Posted at 2015-2-17 05:58
Mine came today. A week ahead of what the FedEx delivery date said it would. Thankfully someone wa ...

If you don't mind I would definitely be interested in going to where ever you take off just to watch and chat.
2015-2-16
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-17 12:15
If you don't mind I would definitely be interested in going to where ever you take off just to wat ...

I'm going to go to Hidden Lakes. Not sure when though, but early. Maybe 7:30 or 8. If you're free you're welcome to join. My car will be the Toyota Rav4 with a dozen goofy decals on the windows. And my face is... well... right there <----------
2015-2-16
Use props
mkell7
lvl.4
United States

If you're still over there around 8:30 I should get there.
2015-2-17
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

Maiden voyage complete. The important thing is that I didn't crash. I'm guessing I didn't get any decent footage though. I'll post something later when I've been able to sort through and do some editing.

mkell7 met me at the park. It was nice meeting another Inspire pilot, so thank you for that. He gave me a few pointers and let me experience Slave mode on his Inspire. Again, doubtful I got anything worth a damn, but it was fun to test out.

I'm just so happy to have survived flight one. Whew.
2015-2-17
Use props
mkell7
lvl.4
United States

Jake, send me your email address and I'll forward you a link to download the video you recorded off the inspire!
2015-2-17
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

Thanks mkell7. I'll text it to you here in a bit.

Posted a link to an edited version of the video I took today in a separate thread if anyone is interested. That thread is below...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... tid=8169&extra=
2015-2-17
Use props
snathla
Captain
Flight distance : 4803983 ft
  • >>>
United States

alias12 Posted at 2015-2-6 00:19
Nice I always fly in Daly City let's meet up sometimes

Where do you fly in Daly City? I'd like to take some really nice video by the ocean, we can hook up sometime
2015-2-19
Use props
snathla
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-15 01:21
I'd be interested in joining up with anyone in the Bay Area. I'm in the east bay (Concord). I've got ...

I'm right over the hill in San Marco (Bay Point) area. Maybe we can connect and fly
2015-2-19
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mlglisson.hotma Posted at 2015-1-28 04:25
I'm in Pacifica and fly near the Ocean often with 2 P2V+'s one for day one for night with external l ...

FINALLY got my bird today 2 batteries 2 more on the way. Really nervous about flying now due to all the issues with this thing.
2015-2-20
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

alias12 Posted at 2015-1-27 23:47
Hello there I 'm in SF Bay Area, nice to hear from you guys, I 've been flying Phantom and now Inspi ...

Alias I would like to invite you to Pacifica to fly together.
2015-2-20
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

CrabHawk: Curious to hear where you end up flying around Pacifica. I'm going to a housewarming in late March out there. Plan to head out a couple hours earlier than the party to get a flight in, but don't know the area that well or where would be a cool place to go, beside of course just generically 'beach'.
2015-2-20
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

I think I might head out to Sugarloaf open space in Walnut Creek today based on Skip's recommendation and video. I've never been out there and it looks great for getting in some early practice flights. Be nice if the sun comes out.
2015-2-20
Use props
robyn707.gmail
lvl.1

United States

johnmont250.ema Posted at 2015-1-28 12:13
Oh, hi peter,  right on.   I have rma'd it to the dealer.  So far so good,  thanks for the help.

I'm Fizzviic on most forums...I'm the old lady that flew with you guys in Napa.  John, please keep us all up to date.  Steve (thumbinhard} stuffed his Inspire in a tree last weekend and it is off for repairs.  We think the ESC's are toast.  We'll keep all you Sonoma folks in the loop
2015-2-20
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.4

United States

hi robyn,  i have a replacement now, its pretty good.  i am sorry to hear about steves bird.  i have to test another one, then i should be ready to go get some pictures and video.  up until now, its been all testing aircraft and getting comfortable with it. cheers.
2015-2-20
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

On Skip’s suggestion and cool video I decided to check out Sugarloaf Open Space in Walnut Creek today. I’d never been before. It was beautiful, but tough walk for an out of shape tubby fellow like myself, especially with that fat Inspire case to carry. Oh lordy.

I’m too chicken to really let my bird go out of eyesight, and I was too lazy to change spots, so most of the shots are more or less the same, but it was a fun place to check out and would be great for more adventurous pilots.

It was a little bit windy. I noticed the Inspire would randomly drop in altitude quite a bit too. Nothing that caused any problems, but I wasn’t clear if that was an issue with the wind or perhaps something else. Also couldn’t see my tablet very well despite the ghetto sun shade I’d tried to rig for it.

Anyhow… video below if anyone is interested..

http://youtu.be/bfnNfnKZN6k

Sidenote: I had no idea that bench was by the tree until I got home and started reviewing the footage.
2015-2-20
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.4

United States

nice jake, i esp like the shots at your level on the hilltop.  looks like a fun place to fly.
2015-2-20
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

I'm in Oakland Hills (San Francisco East Bay area). While waiting for Inspire and accessories I scouted out many possible practice locations within a 5-mile radius. I finally found the perfect place: a large meadow fairly devoid of people even on weekends. Last weekend I had 5 wonderful practice flights (i.e. with 5 batteries). I don't want to broadcast the site online. Call me @ 510-575-1500 to set up a day to meet and fly our birds together and share ideas/knowledge!

PS: I also want to set up an SF Bay Area Inspire Users Group but we need a meet-up place with internet access that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
2015-2-20
Use props
skip
lvl.1
United States

JakeLikesStuff Posted at 2015-2-21 08:35
On Skip’s suggestion and cool video I decided to check out Sugarloaf Open Space in Walnut Creek tod ...

Jake - Great video and you are right it is a hike if you want to fly from the top and that is the place to fly. I wish I knew you were over there I am straight across the freeway on the hill.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsnl4k ... eCrest%201.m4v?dl=0

2015-2-21
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

For today's test flight (only my 4th) I decided to explore Tice Valley Community Park near Rossmoor in Walnut creek. Great place to test flight. I might return.

Things went mostly okay. At one point I was showing someone walking by the screen, thinking the bird would just hover, only it started drifting backwards somewhat rapidly for some reason. Recovered that with no real issue.

Also at one point the bird was bobbing up and down about 5 or 6 feet for no understandable reason. It stopped after a little while.

Might also be something wrong with my gimbal. It's on a weird tilt. I tried correcting it in the gimbal roll thing but it didn't seem to help. And when I would right stick right or left, it seemed the camera tilted with the shift of the bird instead of staying "horizontal".

I also struck a tree branch with a propeller and it basically broke. Down to my last for props. Wish DJI would get them in stock again.

Still had a great time though. And since I'm just fooling around not needing this for anything serious I guess I don't have too much to complain about.

If anyone is interested the link to today's footage is below...

http://youtu.be/eQgRYb1RyNU
2015-2-26
Use props
PureSQNut
Second Officer

United States

Heading to the Altamont tomorrow on Patterson Pass in the AM...   Finally got some extra batteries..
2015-2-28
Use props
snathla
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying during lunch hours at the Oyster Point Marina area, had 2 flight this week (one in high wind) and both were great outings. Plan to be at the Poplar golf course playing golf tomorrow and then taking the Inspire up for a spin. Should be done playing around 1 if anyone is interested in joining. Let me know and we can connect. My email is snathla@hotmail.com.
2015-2-28
Use props
PureSQNut
Second Officer

United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-1 13:31
I've been flying during lunch hours at the Oyster Point Marina area, had 2 flight this week (one in  ...

Would love the bring mine out but a little more of a drive than I'm wanting to make today. (yeah I'm a wuss.) lol
2015-3-1
Use props
snathla
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-3-1 23:21
Would love the bring mine out but a little more of a drive than I'm wanting to make today. (yeah I ...

It turns out that one can't really fly in that area or should I say I would not. The planes are coming in pretty low, even though it is out of the red zone, it is too close to the planes and not a good idea. I did not fly there at all.
2015-3-1
Use props
PureSQNut
Second Officer

United States

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-2 07:09
It turns out that one can't really fly in that area or should I say I would not. The planes are co ...

Funny, I had a Sherriff come thru thereafter my 1st battery was burned up. He know his drone laws pretty well, lol. He said there has been quite a.few up there in the past couple of months. Was basically in the end he reminded to stay below 400ft and stay in line of sight and don't get to close to the windmills. I asked and he confirmed I was in a legal fly zone parked on the aide of public highway. Funny thing, he owns a phantom II so I let him take my.bird for a quick buzz.

Honestly the planes, the only way they become an issue there is if your a lot higher than you should be or some pilot is getting his kicks playing a game of chicken running down the canyon while dodging a few hundred windmills and multiple hi-tension power lines.

Just not seeing that happen.  
2015-3-1
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mlglisson.hotma Posted at 2015-1-28 04:25
I'm in Pacifica and fly near the Ocean often with 2 P2V+'s one for day one for night with external l ...

Got my bird a couple of weeks ago I updated with the new firmware. ALL IS GOOD .. Jake lets meet up sometime. I flew with a buddy today at Oceana high school a little windy but the sunset was killer.
2015-3-1
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Terrafx Posted at 2015-2-4 04:03
I'm in So. San Francisco and fly out of a golf course that I manage. I'm grounded by App and prop lo ...

I bought a samsung 4 8 it works sweet!
2015-3-1
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

I'm open. On weekends anyhow. Start a new job on Monday. Which, I guess is good. LOL.
2015-3-1
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

Yesterday my wife and I went to Shell Ridge Open Space in Walnut Creek. It's a great area to fly. I'm still super reserved about my flights (only my 5th), so it's not like I got the most dynamic footage. Feel like it's going to take awhile for me to get fully acclimated.

Footage below if interested...

http://youtu.be/Y1u7u458U8c
2015-3-2
Use props
mkell7
lvl.4
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-2 10:36
Got my bird a couple of weeks ago I updated with the new firmware. ALL IS GOOD .. Jake lets meet u ...

Hey CrabHawk and other Bay area pilots. my Inspire is in for repair but if you want a camera op I'm able to assist. I'm east Bay concord but work in SF.
2015-3-4
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

Hey all,

I am in San Ramon. Just got the Inspire two days ago... Been enjoying it so far. Would love to get together with some of you to shoot. I am especially interested in Skip's comment about shooting the motorcycle stuff and the windmill stuff, but am always down for shooting anything cool.

Here is some footage of my first two flights:

I think I jacked up the camera settings when I was messing around with the app before my first flight. I'll have to work on that today.

I also have dual remote set up so I think it would be fun to be camera op for someone else and vice versa.
2015-3-4
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JakeLikesStuff Posted at 2015-2-20 22:44
CrabHawk: Curious to hear where you end up flying around Pacifica. I'm going to a housewarming in la ...

Hey Bro look me up on yelp.
New Coastside bait & Tackle Pacifica.
We'll talk and I'll let you know some "Non Dangerous" spots
2015-3-4
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-3-4 16:37
Hey CrabHawk and other Bay area pilots. my Inspire is in for repair but if you want a camera op I'm ...

Thanx for the offer!
2015-3-4
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.4

United States

Pine Meadows golf course in Martinez is closing forever at the end of May. My buddies and I have been golfing there for years upon years. The good folks there at Pine Meadows were nice enough to let me take the Inspire out and capture some footage as a little keepsake before it gets turned in to tract housing.  You can see that footage below…

http://youtu.be/QkISkFJoEdA
2015-3-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules