Wifi dropping when starting motors, ios 8 issue?
1277 6 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smot311
lvl.1

United States

Last week I updated my iphone 5 to ios8.  Everything with my P2V+ has worked fine before.  Now when I go through preflight everything connects fine.  Once I get 6 or 7 satellites I start up the phantom.  As soon as the motors startup I lose the wifi connection.  Could this be an ios 8 issue?  I am going to try my wifes phone, she still has ios 7.  
2014-9-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I have not suffered any loss in signal. Try getting the Wi Fi booster app.
Also make sure you phone is not connecting to other Wi Fi networks.
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

We have tested iPhone 5 with iOS 8, there is no such issue.  Making sure your phone is not connecting to other Wi Fi networks worths a try.
2014-9-29
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Iphone 6 with os8 and everything working flawless!
2014-9-29
Use props
smot311
lvl.1

United States

I made sure the phone was not connected to other wifi networks.  Any other suggestions?  I will try going to airplane mode and just selecting the wifi to see if that works.  I get a connection fine when on the ground but as soon as I start up the phantom the wifi drops.
2014-9-30
Use props
DiscoDave
lvl.1

Canada

are you losing the wifi connection completely? or just the video? My video would usually be ok while it was sitting with the rotors spinning, but once I took off I would often lose the streaming video. My other flight info and camera controls worked fine.
2014-11-1
Use props
smot311
lvl.1

United States

I would lose the wifi connection completely when I started the rotors.  It was fine on the ground.
2014-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules