BANNING DRONES ABOVE PUBLIC LAND IN THE UK.
1732 6 2016-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dpsurveys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

In Malvern, United Kingdom we have 3,000 acres of hillside and common land accessible to the public for mountain biking, horse riding, picnics, dog walking, para-gliding etc.      These are not, however, congested areas. The custodians of these areas are The Malvern Hills Conservators who are considering an outright ban on flying the UAVs     

I believe The National Trust allows UAV flying subject to a license. Does anybody have any ideas on how we can approach The Conservators to persuade them to re-consider their outright ban. The use by those with a PFAW would be a useful compromise.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.                    
2016-8-3
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The Malvern Hills Conservators themselves cannot ban flying. Aviation matters in the UK are regulated by the CAA. They may have something to say about you taking off and landing on their property but you are entitled to fly over it. I can't see this happening, where did you hear about this?
They have a Facebook page and a website if you need to contact them.
2016-8-3
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

This is very easy terrain. As you have an Inspire you can easily start from a hidden place down 2km away fly over these hills how much you want and I am sure they will never catch you. (if they would even have the right to try but why get a headache just ignore them)
2016-8-3
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-3 23:53
This is very easy terrain. As you have an Inspire you can easily start from a hidden place down 2km  ...

2km???? You are having a laugh, I hope??
2016-8-4
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

At least inspires don't rip up the country side and leave horse crap everywhere
2016-8-4
Use props
dpsurveys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Quite - Drones are 'green' compared to petrol powered rc aircraft, quieter and easier to control. They don't churn up pathways (mountain bikes and horses) and don't leave dog mess for children to pick up and contract toxocara and go blind. Responsible pilots only fly well away from other people unless with permission. I could go on.................
2016-8-4
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

its just like when horseless carriages first appeared all sorts of knee jerk laws where created.  We just have to wait till the old guard perishes.  The newer generations will accept UAS and we will end up with less restriction and less enforcement.
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules