New

Will the fat shark dominator hd v2 work well with the  p4
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Brock,I remember that some guys use fatshark fpv in our forum and you can do a search here. Also, when you want to use FPV goggles, you need to install an HDMI module  on the RC:
2016-8-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha brock,

This is a hot topic right now.  I have HD v2 goggles and they are not very impressive.  Terrible resolution, narrow field of view, but great for FPV racing (they like that).  Unfortunately, Phantoms are not designed for FPV racing, they are designed for photography.  For half the price, you can get the HeadPlay HD goggles that are designed for the kind of flying Phantoms do.  I just had mine arrive today and they are amazing.  Great resolution and field of view (you can even wear glasses in them).  Not much I could do this evening due to on and off drizzling rain and on-coming darkness, but tomorrow is another day.  Some Forum and FPV racers make fun of the size of the goggles, but their performance is awesome.  They are also extremely lightweight and keep outside light on the outside.

If you decide to get the HeadPlay HD goggles, you may want to get some antenna boosters to.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They vastly improve the live feed video and display in the goggles and I got mine for just $10.  Even without a pair of goggles, the display on your device is vastly improved.  But nothing can help the Dominator HD v2 video because it is not really HD.  FatShark uses a fudge factor to misrepresent the HD v2 and it shows in the live feed video.

You will have to install an HDMI module as Paladin shows in his post, but it is fairly easy.  (I did it for my P3 Pro and P4.)  The module also allows you to use an external monitor, besides the device, instead of goggles.  If you get the nVidia Shield Android device for your display ($200-$250), you have an HDMI port on the device to so you can run 2 HDMI displays (one can be the goggles).  The nVidia is very popular on the Forum here.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules