Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Image Transmission
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I'm getting weak transmission signal all of a sudden, even when the p3a is right above me, a couple of meters away.
All firmware is latest and I know how to properly position my antennas and all. My transmission is set to auto and it's always worked fine.
Is anybody else experiencing this and does anyone have any suggestions?
2016-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just a small point, even pointing the antennas on your RC unit will not always solve a signal loss when the aircraft is directly above you, because the antennas in the aircraft are still pointing down verically and that is the worst position.
2016-8-3
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-4 07:17
Just a small point, even pointing the antennas on your RC unit will not always solve a signal loss w ...

ok maybe not directly above me. I mean near, hovering at a 45degree angle from me.
Im not new at this and I know how to position my antennas. This is a new problem that I am experiencing and ive changed nothing with my flying.
2016-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Michael M Posted at 2016-8-4 10:46
ok maybe not directly above me. I mean near, hovering at a 45degree angle from me.
Im not new at  ...

Sure, I understand. The reason I mentioned it is because every time there is a loss of signal incident the video tutorial on antenna positioning is trotted out. But few people understand that when the aircraft is directly above you, you can re-adjust the antenna positioning on the RC unit as much as you like, the problem is then with the antennas on the aircraft which cannot be moved.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Michael, so now will this issue come up every time you fly and everywhere? Have you tried to use custom channel and lower transmission quality?
2016-8-3
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Try disconnecting and reconnecting cables to gimbal, worked for me and a few others here
2016-8-4
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-4 14:56
Hello Michael, so now will this issue come up every time you fly and everywhere? Have you tried to u ...

Well it's a new issue. Dji emailed me some tips to try so I will try them out, I am leaving for vacation so I will be in a new area
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-8-5 01:15
Well it's a new issue. Dji emailed me some tips to try so I will try them out, I am leaving for va ...

Let us know in the new location how it works.
If you are doing everything exactly the same and in the exact same area and all of a sudden you are experiencing it then it can be either something has just been installed there causing interference or something happened to the RC or A/C to cause it. If you can only get a few meters something is wrong.
2016-8-4
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-4 16:04
Try disconnecting and reconnecting cables to gimbal, worked for me and a few others here

I'll second this..  While my "Weak Video Signal" messages were still at a minor distance, the aircraft was plainly in sight...  I unplugged and plugged those gimbal cables yesterday and didn't have any video issues until I was well out in distance... Something to it, it seems...

Had a different issue and about to post, but didn't lose video signal ...
2016-8-4
Use props
vonHoo
lvl.1

Sweden

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-4 20:19
I'll second this..  While my "Weak Video Signal" messages were still at a minor distance, the airc ...

Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem as well, do you have any video tutorial on how disconnect which cables?

Thanks!
2016-8-5
Use props
vonHoo
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-4 20:01
If you are doing everything exactly the same and in  ...

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Could you please send me the same mail with description how to solve the problem?

Thanks!
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

vonHoo Posted at 2016-8-5 22:25
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Could you please send me the same mail with description ho ...

Can you please explain in detail what your issue is with weak transmission.
What aircraft do you have?
What are are you flying in, is it out in the open or in a congested area?
Are your antennas properly orientated, watch the video and see if it helps.
If you have a Adv or Pro you can go into HD settings and choose custom and pick the strongest signal and lower the bitrate.
Have you made sure the cables are firmly seated?
What device are you using?

2016-8-5
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

vonHoo Posted at 2016-8-5 22:24
Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem as well, do you have any video tutorial on how disconnect whic ...

Here's one video.. There are a few more.  The hardest part is to get the anti-drop pins out.  This is one method.  Just be "gentle" as you can when working with the gimbal.. It's not a part you want to rough house with.  Once the gimbal is able to be lowered from the aircraft, you will see two cables.  Two of the ends you can't get to, but two of the ends are visible.  Carefully unclip and remove the cable and then just securely slide it back into place.  Again, just take it slow and easy.  You have extra pins (they came with the drone), so if you want to go at it a different way, cut the pins (strong wire cutters?) and replace with some you got from what came..  The bumpers are easy to get out and back in..

2016-8-5
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had exactly the same problem. The video transmission is sent from the camera via the single black cable which I believe comes from the left of the gimbal as you look head on at the drone, upon inspection i found the UFL female connector had come away from the board. Apparently due to dry solder. You can get to this cable, but it can be a little tricky, don't be too rough on them.

Good luck.
2016-8-5
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-4 11:01
If you are doing everything exactly the same and in  ...

I followed djis suggestions to re ibstall the go app abd then re link the aircraft abd on my new location it worked i think. I was not watching the screen but i think it worked outm ill ket you know if it happebs again abd u advise everyone to try these steps
2016-8-5
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
United States

Sorry for the typos I'm sending this from my phone
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Michael M Posted at 2016-8-6 08:15
I followed djis suggestions to re ibstall the go app abd then re link the aircraft abd on my new l ...

That's great to hear.
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Michael M Posted at 2016-8-6 08:15
Sorry for the typos I'm sending this from my phone

No problem, I had a mishap replying with speech to text and it said I called this guy "Babe". I didn't even notice it until he replied back to me
2016-8-5
Use props
vonHoo
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 16:42
Can you please explain in detail what your issue is with weak transmission.
What aircraft do you h ...

Aircraft: Standard
Phone: Iphones 6S
Area: Works fine in open area, in congested area (cities) the video link drops after 5 meters
Antennas: Yes, I'm very familiar with the video you linked
Cables: Yes

Is it not possible to change the signal setting on the standard?
2016-8-6
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 17:52
No problem, I had a mishap replying with speech to text and it said I called this guy "Babe". I di ...

Haha that must have been fun

t seams auto correct is disabled when typing in the dji forum. Everywhere else it works.
2016-8-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 19:52
No problem, I had a mishap replying with speech to text and it said I called this guy "Babe". I di ...

Now THAT'S funny, Ken!    
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

vonHoo Posted at 2016-8-6 18:59
Aircraft: Standard
Phone: Iphones 6S
Area: Works fine in open area, in congested area (cities) the ...

You cannot change the setting on the Standard. If you lose signal after 5m in a congested areathen there is something wrong. Can you please post a video.
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Michael M Posted at 2016-8-7 02:11
Haha  that must have been fun

t seams auto correct is disabled when typing in the dji fo ...

Yes, it was quite embarrassing. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I don't check after hitting enter. Need to stop doing that.
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-8-7 02:32
Now THAT'S funny, Ken!

Yes it was
2016-8-6
Use props
vonHoo
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-7 05:31
You cannot change the setting on the Standard. If you lose signal after 5m in a congested areathen ...

Hi,

Yes I could, but I don't see what that would help as the video is fine on the SD card. The problem is that I cant see what I'm actually filming after 5 meters. And this happens only in congested areas.

Do you still want me to upload a video? Where can I upload it?

2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vonHoo Posted at 2016-8-9 01:26
Hi,

Yes I could, but I don't see what that would help as the video is fine on the SD card. The p ...

You cannot change the video transmission signal on the Standard.
Even if in a congested area it should work way further than you are getting.
What is the congested area?
Since you have an recommended device, have proper antenna orientation you should have 5m limit then lose video.
I would contact support and see about sending the aircraft in for repair.
2016-8-8
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-7 11:33
Yes, it was quite embarrassing. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I don't check after hitting enter. N ...

We've all been there Ken (with auto-correct).  A client sent me a text with more than a slight "off color" text string in it (auto correct and dictation so the worst of both worlds).  Thank goodness it was a private message and not a post on FB!!  :-)
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules