Lost flight records :-( because of new incompatibility
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Need some suggestions if any one has any idea.  Still running 2.8.1 on iPad Mini II and went flying today.  I have 2.8.5 on my iPhone and knew that records from flights recorded there would not synch back to 2.8.1 BUT when I synched the flights I did today (which were listed on the screen) to the cloud, they totally disappeared.  :-(   I can enter flight data mode but I don't know how (if at all) I can get back the flights today in my flight log on the iPad Mini II..  This isn't good..  We shouldn't have to be forced to go to 2.8.5 or lose flight logs even when synch'ing with the cloud...

Any thoughts from some of the DJI folks??

2016-8-3
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Update:  After synch'ing the iPhone (2.8.5) the records show up there..  What I don't understand is why the were deleted from the iPad (2.8.1).  :-(
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello imagesbyjas, just to clarify, by saying"BUT when I synched the flights I did today (which were listed on the screen) to the cloud, they totally disappeared.  :-(   I can enter flight data mode but I don't know how (if at all) I can get back the flights today in my flight log on the iPad Mini II.", do you mean that after syncing the records in 2.8.1 ipad app, records disappear in both your iphone and ipad? And later you do the syncing in iphone, the records come back in your phone but still blank in iPad?
2016-8-3
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-4 15:10
Hello imagesbyjas, just to clarify, by saying"BUT when I synched the flights I did today (which were ...

Hi Paladin...  Sorry if I wasn't clear...  When I got home, the flight records were displayed on the iPad Mini II (5.8.1).  I then synched records to the Cloud, as soon as that completed, they disappeared entirely from the list of flights on the iPad Mini II.

I then synched my iPhone (2.8.5) to the cloud, and those same records appeared in the flight log on the iPhone.  So I do have them, they are in the cloud, show up on the 2.8.5 device, but they were erased from my 2.8.1 device, and after repeated attempts at synching (ALL, 1 Month, etc.) with the 2.8.1 iPad Mini II, I never could get them back.

I understand there were adjustment made to the flight logs with 2.8.5.. that there are some incompatibilities, but why would it erase them from the 2.8.1 device's log?  I would have hoped that any new flight log updates would maintain backward compatibility..  This is one of those areas where it gives folks cause to wonder about the testing done.  :-(
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-4 20:42
Hi Paladin...  Sorry if I wasn't clear...  When I got home, the flight records were displayed on th ...

Thanks for your feedback. I'll report this to our developers. But normally it is recommended to update to the latest.
2016-8-4
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-5 10:45
Thanks for your feedback. I'll report this to our developers. But normally it is recommended to up ...

Paladin..

Thanks for that.  With some of the history though I'm sure most can understand the hesitation.. That said I DID update one of my devices.  There should be no reason why a synch to the cloud should delete new records on the older app device locally stored records.  How would it be if everyone's new software totally was incompatible prior records..  Improvement is key, yes, but so is testing and awareness that there is a mass of individuals on all levels.  My guess is that this would also impact any user not at 2.8.5.  Appreciate any help.  I like to fly with the iPad because of its size.
2016-8-4
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-5 10:45
Thanks for your feedback. I'll report this to our developers. But normally it is recommended to up ...

Paladin..

Did anything come of this yet?  Again I can understand (perhaps) some level of upward compatibility, but not accepting the records in the cloud and deleting them from the flight log of a lower level version of DJI GO..  Just doesn't make sense that they were stored in the cloud, viewable on a 2.8.5 app but deleted and not retrievable on the originating platform..  :-(   Thanks...
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-9 21:47
Paladin..

Did anything come of this yet?  Again I can understand (perhaps) some level of upward c ...

They are still working on it. When I get any update from them, I'll get back to you. Thanks for your patience.
2016-8-9
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 11:02
They are still working on it. When I get any update from them, I'll get back to you. Thanks for yo ...

Appreciate that Paladin..  I moved to 2.8.6 on the iPhone, still on 2.8.1 on iPad Mini II but have not had a chance to fly yet so I don't know if there's a difference, but I think the issue is more something to do with synch'ing to the cloud..
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-11 00:21
Appreciate that Paladin..  I moved to 2.8.6 on the iPhone, still on 2.8.1 on iPad Mini II but have  ...

I'll try my best to push the process. But as it is well-known, if you send your app to AppStore, it will take some time to audit before it is released
2016-8-10
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
United States

I lost flight records too. Mine were just never recorded . My top speed did not update when I broke my record. This all started happening with the update that had a note about compatibility
2016-8-10
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
United States

iPad mini 2
2016-8-10
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-11 11:42
I'll try my best to push the process. But as it is well-known, if you send your app to AppStore, it ...

Palidan...

I have no idea what you're trying to convey here??  Sorry...  Don't know what you mean "if you send your app to AppStore".   I didn't send anything to Apple.  Did you mean this for someone else?  All I want to find out is why flight records on a 2.8.1 device (my iPad Mini II) are now being deleted when I synch to the cloud.  AGAIN, they make it to the cloud because I can see them on my 2.8.6 device (iPhone 6) but I cannot see them or retrieve them back from the cloud on my 2.8.1 device.  The records should NOT be deleted after synching to the cloud.

Thanks..
Jay S.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-12 03:17
Palidan...

I have no idea what you're trying to convey here??  Sorry...  Don't know what you mean ...

Sorry for your confusion.Actually the AppStore auditing is necessary for every IOS app and you can do a search in google. Currently as far as I'm concerned, they are working for the best solution of this issue. Let's wait patiently. Sorry for the inconvenience again.
2016-8-11
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-12 10:53
Sorry for your confusion.Actually the AppStore auditing is necessary for every IOS app and you can ...

Paladin,

Thanks, but again a strange reply?? I never brought up anything about the app store and the necessity for an audit of the app, you did, but I'm well aware Apple is very strict as to what goes in the app store.  I have no additional information from anyone about what solution they are working on, so I suppose there's not much to do other than wait.  Have they given you any sense that it is something that needs to be corrected?

Thanks again.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-12 12:39
Paladin,

Thanks, but again a strange reply?? I never brought up anything about the app store and  ...

Sorry. I think I shouldn't bring up this example at the very beginning. Just ignore it.
2016-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules