A3 Setup: Gains
2378 6 2016-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft

Hey Thrill Seekers,
Trying to configure our new A3 Pro.  Replacing Wookong.  First flight was a disaster.  Not convinced we even got off the ground before it rolled over and started throwing props at us.  

So looking for guidelines for starting gains.  We'd used the default as a starting point and....

So...would it make sense to start with the gains we had setup in the Wookong system?  Have to start somewhere and right now its just a big A guess.

Share your thoughts,
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what kind of aircraft are you installing the A3 on? Could you provide a list of your set up?
2016-8-4
Use props
sales58
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-5 02:39
Just to clarify, what kind of aircraft are you installing the A3 on? Could you provide a list of you ...

Same issue but without crash - very wobbly and drone was drifting in GPS w/ 18 satellites? A3pro

Please go over all the settings in the gain section on the assistant app (gains, sensitivity, advanced, ect). The A3 manual is usless, no info in it at all about gains?

Thx
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

sales58 Posted at 2016-8-5 13:49
Same issue but without crash - very wobbly and drone was drifting in GPS w/ 18 satellites? A3pro

If you hover your mouse over the subject in question, and the Assistant 2 Software would provide more information as well. To provide some clarification Attitude gain, from the Sensitivity Gain section, the respond sensitivity to the RC stick input value. Attitude gain under Advanced Gain sets the P mode gain of the PID.
2016-8-5
Use props
apost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft
United States

Sorry Jamie,  IMHO the text you have entered above pretty much encompasses the entire text of the "help" found in the Assistant software.  For me, it's just not very helpful.  

Installing on X8 aircraft.  Do you need to know which motors, ESCs, and props?
2016-8-7
Use props
sales58
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-6 02:04
If you hover your mouse over the subject in question, and the Assistant 2 Software would provide m ...

Understood but its very vague, the manual should describe each setting and what is its effect thoroughly. I'm just guessing from past WKM/A2 installs but the A3 uses a new algarithim and I'm just guessing right now.
2016-8-10
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

sales58 Posted at 2016-8-4 21:49

Please go over all the settings in the gain section on the assistant app (gains, sensitivity, advanced, ect). The A3 manual is usless, no info in it at all about gains?

Hi Sales58

I'm also having a major problem like yours just much wors. I flew traight out and then let go of the stick (flying in GPS mode) an the the drone driftet 3-5 meters to the right and i little back again, and then it suddenly began to dance for three seconds, and then flying normal again. I use the default gain settings for 1000cm drone.

A3 Pro, T-motor U7 490kv, Tiger Flame 80a esc, 18" wooden props, DJI retract,

If someone would be kind giving the dataviewer a go, heres the file. The dance is about 220 seconds after power and about 140 seconds after takeoff.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h89tb602yjw9l1q/FLY281.DAT?dl=0

Here is a video of the dance. Password: dance

Kind regards
Stefan
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules