Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair center communication. Ken, Dave, Ed help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

hey guys
I need your help, I sent my p3p in for repair. I was getting esc errors, so I replaced all the motors hoping maybe that would take care of it. It didn't. I was going to replace the mb but then I realized I still had about 10 days left on warranty. My shell had a shell crack right by the battery compartment screws which I had fixed a while back.
So I got an rma number and sent it in. I have received a invoice to pay$215 dollars and the invoice is only mentioning the mb being repaired. Ok, I'll bite the bullet and pay it, even though it should be under warranty but my peace is worth more than that, so I have no issue paying it instead of arguing but I sent them a question regarding the repair and I get a reply that says I have to pay first!!!!
My questions are simple
The shell best to be replaced even though I had repaired it. Is it the new shell? There is no mention of shell on the invoice
The mb needs to be replaced, is it the new mb which takes the new style motors? If it is not, I want the new one installed

I just can't seem to get these simple questions answered, so I called and spoke to a gentleman and as I was giving him these questions we got cut off!! I rather blame the telephone company than the person on the other end!!!

So can any of you, ed, Dave, Ken help me with this communication problem.
Case/invoice number: 160803EMI-PH2051
Ray Rokni

Thanks
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ray,
Unfortunately we are in the US and I do not have access to other repair facility information.
Which center did you send it to?
I do not know about the shell, but with the aircraft still being under warranty and you getting a charge it's probably because the warranty does not cover if the aircraft has been worked on by yourself. Any repair, modification will void the warranty and by you soldering on new motors would void the warranty.
2016-8-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 01:47
Ray,
Unfortunately we are in the US and I do not have access to other repair facility information.
W ...

Hi, I'm in the U.S. Too, I sent it to Carson, California.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-5 11:31
Hi, I'm in the U.S. Too, I sent it to Carson, California.

Sorry about that Ray, I didn't recognize that case#, what is the ticket number or your email and I can look it up.
2016-8-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 11:57
Sorry about that Ray, I didn't recognize that case#, what is the ticket number or your email and I ...

rayrokni@gmail.com

Thx Ken
2016-8-4
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 11:57
Sorry about that Ray, I didn't recognize that case#, what is the ticket number or your email and I ...

The rma number is 0723201619474323376
rayrokni@gmail.com

While you are at it, can I purchase a P3P camera and have it installed while it's there. I took the camera off to install it on my other one that I use for testing and long distance runs.
Thx
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-5 13:10
The rma number is 0723201619474323376
rayrokni@gmail.com

Hi Ray,
I've sent an email to the repair shop manager and will let you know when he responds.
I'm sure adding the camera is fine. I asked about the shell too. And also the charge, but like I said before I'm sure that's because you attempted the repair yourself.
I'll reply when I hear from the shop.
2016-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Ken, you are very helpful as usual. I'm fine with the warranty thing, I didn't know replacing the motors myself would void warranty, but it's ok. Thanks again
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-5 23:08
Thanks Ken, you are very helpful as usual. I'm fine with the warranty thing, I didn't know replacing ...

Sorry about that, yes and user repair would void the warranty. And about the shell, they said that's how the shell is and it's not cracked but it's the design of the lines.
I also asked them to invoice you for another camera, so you should be getting and email by Monday.
2016-8-5
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 22:22
Sorry about that, yes and user repair would void the warranty. And about the shell, they said that ...

Thanks ken. the battery holder screw points at the back were split apart for sure and I used Plasti-Aid to reinforce them. It is not the line that is the normal design. they cant miss it as I put big blobs of the glue around it!!.
I also sent them a reply email asking to install the newer MB and new style motors.
hopefully the understood what I wanted, please could you double check.

Thanks Again
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-7 02:53
Thanks ken. the battery holder screw points at the back were split apart for sure and I used Plast ...

I'll check on it Monday.
2016-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Thank you ken
2016-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-7 11:29
I'll check on it Monday.

hi ken, sorry to bug you again. if there was an easy way to communicate with the repair center i would but they have given me 7 days to pay or they will ship the p3 back and i cant get questions answered easily and quickly enough.
i believe 7 days will be up by wednesday!!
i still havent received a final invoice or anything regarding the shell.

thanks for your time
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-9 05:40
hi ken, sorry to bug you again. if there was an easy way to communicate with the repair center i w ...

Ray,
I think they said there is nothing wrong with the shell. Are you wanting to purchase a shell?
You can send an email with all your questions and the request to purchase a new camera as that is a lot better then me being the middle man and talking to them. Anyways, they need conformation from you if they are to do any work like adding the P3P camera and shell.
2016-8-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-9 05:59
Ray,
I think they said there is nothing wrong with the shell. Are you wanting to purchase a shell? ...

I have, I just don't get any answers.
From day one I sent them an email with all the questions and I just got an email saying I have to pay the invoice first.
Then after you intervened I got another email, saying they are replacing the mb and not motors. None of my questions and requested have been addressed.
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-9 06:04
I have, I just don't get any answers.
From day one I sent them an email with all the questions and ...

I'm sorry about that, please write everything down in another email and when I come in tomorrow morning I will have the shop supervisor open the ticket and read your email and will have them answer you.
2016-8-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-9 06:09
I'm sorry about that, please write everything down in another email and when I come in tomorrow mo ...

You must have done something because I got an email from "Divine" saying the repair team will get back to me.
Thank you keen for your help. I will not bother you with this any more, it should go through as normal, hopefully.

Thx
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-8-9 08:13
You must have done something because I got an email from "Divine" saying the repair team will get  ...

No problem at all. Just when trying to relay messages between you and the repair shop doesn't work very well. Much better when it's direct.
If you replay and don't hear back for more than a few days then let me know and I'll email them asking to respond to you.
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules