Camera Gimbal motor making a buzzing noise after factory repair
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

I got my P3S back today after a propellor flew off in flight & was sent in for repair , the motor at the Camera makes a buzzing noise & is getting hot , the noise almost goes away when Camera pointed down , but motor doesn't seem to cool down at all . They also didn't fix the one LED light that was out , I believe one of the ones that turn green & it was noted on my issues for repair that was on their form .

I have to poit the Camera over half way down for it to even quite down a little , is there a calibration for this issue , possably ?

Not a happy camper , I already sent a message through the conversation I already had on the ticket , just hoping there is an easy fix & something is out of sink or something like that .
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, oldpanhead58.Could you please post a video clip of the issue as well as your ticket/RMA number here? Thanks.
2016-8-4
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

How do you add a video on here ?
2016-8-5
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1
United States

I went to advanced here on the reply , but I have no idea how to find the address of the video to post .  When making the video , I decided to try to fly the Drone , attached the Propellers , updated firmware on the drone , took a short flight in my back yard , while landing , got a low battery warning & landed with no issues . But camera Gimbal still making noise , also showed SD card was full , so I hooked the patch cord up to my Mac & it started to down load ,( strange , the Gimbal noise went away as soon as I plugged the USB cable into its slot on the PC ) , but like was slow . The Camera is getting hot , so I disconnected the patch cord & shut the Drone power off ,
   I took the Micro SD card out , put in the adaptor & down loaded & deleted videos in the SD Card . reinstalled it back in the Camera , powered up the Controller & Drone ,to see if the Card was good to go & when powering up the Drone , the Camera/Gimbal did not start up or make any noise & in the go app. it reads Gimbal is disconnected , so I guess its got to go bacon for repair .
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

oldpanhead58 Posted at 2016-8-5 13:10
I went to advanced here on the reply , but I have no idea how to find the address of the video to  ...

You can post video by simply pasting the Youtube video address in reply.

I'm very sorry about your experience. Things like this really shouldn't happen. We'll start an investigation about this. Would you please tell me your ticket number or RMA number, please? It's in the email sent by DJI.
2016-8-6
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

By shutting down the Drone & powering it back up the Camera started in the normally , but it took a couple of times to do it , but the Camera & Gimbal are working correctly . I talked to three people on on line chat & finally got a video of the noise to an email that the last one gave me & said I should send the info to the repair dept . at support.us@dji.com , that was yesterday & is a little too soon to here something on a weekend , but here is the info from the first repair .

Ticket #318298

RMA number is

repair tracking # 1607209XE-P3C6318
2016-8-6
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

My new Case No.: 255699 , the email they sent me is like I'm applying for  warranty work & need all the info like its a first time thing , when its an incomplete repair or a Drone I already paid for & want DJI to repair it correctly like it should have been done in the first place .
It should have never left the repair facility if it was tested , because the LED light was not repaired & that noise started as soon as I started it up ,right out of the box. I don't think it was tested at all , you would think a tec. would have noticed a light out , that was on the ticket to repair .

I'm not happy with this at all , I've had this Drone for two month & only one month of that it was in my hands , now it looks like another month out of my hands , again.
2016-8-7
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

Here's a youtube short version of the noise & it gets worse when warmed up , Camera gets hot  , not warm & that Gimbal motor next to the gets hot also

2016-8-7
Use props
oldpanhead58
lvl.1

Got a return label today , filled out the questionnaire, paper work & put it back in the box they shipped it back to me in & took to UPS. This time I shipped it with the battery , because they charged for one last time & I couldn't get them to remove it from the bill they sent & it was close to that magic week length where they wouldn't repair it , so I had to pay for it .
  No , I'm not happy about it .
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

oldpanhead58 Posted at 2016-8-9 03:21
Got a return label today , filled out the questionnaire, paper work & put it back in the box they  ...

I understand your feeling.Our colleague has contacted you and hopefully you'll be back in the air very soon.
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules