Phantom 3 Adv not flying straight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, it is flying straight, but not forward according to the camera. I have used FPV a few times to see if I could follow a line, or say hit it straight between 2 trees..  What I noticed, I can alighn the camera to shoot straight between the 2 trees, let's say, even seeing a perfect line in a parking lot with lines, then when I fly forward, the drone deinitely goes about 5 deg to the left. That makes it quite dangerous if I wanted to fly a straight line between some obstalces, using FPV, so whiule filming or taking photos.
I know there's a way to adjust "gimbal roll" - is that the way to adjust it? The gimball auto calibration, as well as IMU did not help..
I have noticed this since I got the drone, but didn;t have a chance to fly over a parking with lines toll a few days ago.. so I really played with it.
Ideas?
Suggestions? Do othewr have that issue?
I did check to make sure it's not me pushing the stick to the side, replaying the flight in GO app confirms, all I had was forward stick.
Thx!
2016-8-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Honestly, I don't think you can expect any greater accuracy than that. You will normally get it flying more of a straight line if you program the two end points though as part of a mission.
2016-8-4
Use props
wam8
lvl.2

Pakistan

I had similar problem with another quad. I checked my launchpad, it wasn't perfectly straight. Try to turn the quad ON while it is sitting on a perfectly straight level base. This helped me with straight flying.

When the quad initialises it calibrates its gyros and assumes level is where it is sitting, although it might be slightly tilted to one side; in your case the quad is tilted to left when you turn on power.
2016-8-4
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

wam8 Posted at 2016-8-5 07:01
I had similar problem with another quad. I checked my launchpad, it wasn't perfectly straight. Try t ...

Can we get a DJI confirmation on this please?

If the drone IS calibrating gyros (to set level flight parameters) before lifting off, it would explain so many reports on these forums AND several bugbears that I have with my own P3A - I have almost never been able to find a perfectly level take off point because of the places I fly.
2016-8-5
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Agreed, I would like some input from DJI, just to see what kids of ideas they got.
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules