CRACK
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

Hi,

half way midflight, i receive a warning notice "WARNING: MOBILITY ...." forgot the full phrase ... it appeared a while then dissapeared... later only i realised a few things,

1.) i could only fly with a maximum vertical speed of 3.8-3.9m/s as oppose to 4.9-5.0m/s.

2.) the drone couldnt keep fly in straight line
3.) the camera is at angle

I then fly the drone back and land it (by way of hand catch- I always hand catch my drone)

After that, i went home and check and I found there this crack (can be seen from the photo)

I have not experience any accident before.

Is this covered under warranty?

Regards,
Keong Wee

cracked on bottom right

cracked on bottom right

zoom in crack

zoom in crack
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, cracks are covered under warranty.  Please contact support@dji.com and follow the instructions to send in it for repair.
2016-8-5
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Here's a picture of my cracks - 2 rear arms. Looks to be in an identical location ! Interesting to understand from DJI (mine is enroute to DJI Netherlands for repair) say about how this happened and how they can guarantee it won't happen again.....when it's out of warranty !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-8-5
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear my friend.
Sadly, welcome to the club that is growing in numbers, that no one wants to be a member of...  
2016-8-5
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The message similar to "Propulsion output limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered" is not related to the other issue.  You will get that warning when the aircraft is struggling against a headwind.  It reduces the power slightly so that it does not damage the motors and battery.  That also explains why you found it hard to keep it in a straight line and the camera was tilted.  If you find yourself in this position again, change direction or change altitude where the windspeed is different.  It is frightening if you get this warning if you are coming home on a low battery, so try and start flying out against the wind, but come home with the wind.
2016-8-5
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

Flipperman Posted at 2016-8-5 14:41
Here's a picture of my cracks - 2 rear arms. Looks to be in an identical location ! Interesting to u ...

Mine was delivered Tuesday to repair in the Netherlands.
also because of cracks.
Today I was informed that everything is being replaced under warranty.
New top, new base and a new gimbal and camera.
Cost: € 309, = all under warranty.
Very neat DJI Netherlands. It may also be said.
[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/[img]%5BIMG%5D[/IMG][/img][/img]

Cranks on 3 legs at the same time..
2016-8-5
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-8-5 15:48
The message similar to "Propulsion output limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered" is not relat ...

I had the same propulsion message on my last flight also. Perhaps it's intelligent enough to realise that the motor output is not what it expects....and something is wrong !

2016-8-5
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-8-5 15:48
The message similar to "Propulsion output limited. Aircraft motility has been lowered" is not relat ...

I had the same propulsion message on my last flight also. Perhaps it's intelligent enough to realise that the motor output is not what it expects....and something is wrong !

2016-8-5
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JpNL Posted at 2016-8-5 20:21
Mine was delivered Tuesday to repair in the Netherlands.
also because of cracks.
Today I was infor ...

I understand the body but why the camera and gimbal replacement ?!
2016-8-5
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

Flipperman Posted at 2016-8-5 21:45
I understand the body but why the camera and gimbal replacement ?!

I have no clue....
Perhaps they have discovered several cracks during the inspection that I do or could not be seen from outside ...
repair4.JPG
2016-8-5
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-5 19:05
Yes, cracks are covered under warranty.  Please contact  and follow the instructions to send in it f ...

HI DJI HC, Thx for prompt reply, was wondering how should i address the matter ? or should i just address the matter jus like how i post in this forum ?

Normally DJI would arrange to collect the parcel and then courier it back to me ? any ideas how long does the whole process normally take ?

Regards,
Keong Wee
2016-8-6
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Malaysia

Flipperman Posted at 2016-8-5 20:41
Here's a picture of my cracks - 2 rear arms. Looks to be in an identical location ! Interesting to u ...

wow ... this is exactly where mine cracked ... when did urs occur ? was it half way midflight ?
2016-8-6
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Spain

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-8-7 00:16
wow ... this is exactly where mine cracked ... when did urs occur ? was it half way midflight ?

Noticed them on landing (hand caught). Didn't appear to affect flight at all....
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

keongwee85 Posted at 2016-8-6 12:14
HI DJI HC, Thx for prompt reply, was wondering how should i address the matter ? or should i just  ...

Hi, there's no much you can do about this yourself.

I'm not sure of the repair procedure in Malaysia, in US/EU/Australia/Canada, couriers will pick up and return the drone within about two weeks, for free. For more information about your area, please send an email to support@dji.com , thank you.
2016-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules