Myanmar
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicolas.w.roth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28556 ft
Switzerland

Hello
I am going for few days in Myanmar and more particularly in Yangon. Has anyone has experienced using a drone in Yangon? Would love to hear your experience and friendliness (or not) of locals and authorities as the city has a number of great places to do aerial shots!
thanks in advance,
Nicolas
2016-8-5
Use props
GeorgeM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77523 ft
Romania

Hello, I’ve been in Myanmar last week, and everything was OK. The travel agency in Myanmar recommend me to take the drone, so I took it and didn’t had any problems. On custom check, no issue, not even a question about the backpack content. Had some 5-6 internal flight with scanner control of the backpack and no problem. Just with the batteries, they put me to take it on hand luggage not on check in luggage, same issue in Thailand.  Over Swedagon pagoda in Yangon there was some issue with lost signal, they had some “no flight zone” over the pagoda. The distance was 400-500 meters and lost communication. Use it from distance.
2017-2-27
Use props
Psycho Realm
lvl.1
Thailand

2 journalist have bin caught in dec 2017. Use of drones is officially illegal in Myanmar. I still try to find out where to apply for a permit
2018-1-8
Use props
Psycho Realm
lvl.1
Myanmar

Update: Made it into Yangon without being checked by the x-ray at the airport. Don’t know if I gonna fly in Myanmar yet! Date 16/01/2018
2018-1-17
Use props
Psycho Realm
lvl.1
Myanmar

I would like to add that if you gonna fly in Myanmar is very stupid. I had contact with the embassy. There are several cases known where tourist have bin caught. I have it with me. It's very attractive to fly for example in Bagan, but it's not worth to be in jail for a few months... If you can speak the language you maybe talk your way out.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules