Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"THIS IS WHAT HOLDS ME TO PORTO" - short film
1005 9 2016-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artiks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979964 ft

Hey guys!

Diogo here from @Artiks - Multimedia Solutions (Portugal).

Our company has made a tribute video to our loved city! Porto.
Please feel free to drop your comments and feedback here, at our youtube page or facebook (@artikspt).

The video is having great numbers, we will now share with the dji community. Thanks in advance.
Enjoy.

With love.
Porto 2016

2016-8-5
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2

By the way... fully made with our Inspire 1 v1
2016-8-5
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Outstanding work! Your use of audio is perfectly executed. Would you mind sharing the camera and lens you used, as well as the settings?  Was it shot in 4K and then encoded back down to 1080p?  frame rate?  The motion looks very fluid so I am guessing you shot it in 1080p 60fps?  
2016-8-5
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2

sharif0 Posted at 2016-8-5 22:49
Outstanding work! Your use of audio is perfectly executed. Would you mind sharing the camera and len ...

Hi Sharif! Thank you very much for your words.

No problem on sharing my settings. I've come up with a setup that I think that fits our work and our aesthetics, but it depends from person to person.

We film at 4K (max resolution available) to have a good margin for the manipulation of the images (zoom and so on). And then we export to 1080p. Our frame rate is 25fps and the shutter speed normally is at 50, but it depends of the light at the moment.

To help mantaining the specs we use 3rd party Filters. Usually ND8 but sometimes even the ND16 isn't enough to maintain these values because the sun is to bright.

Oh, about the lens, the normal X3...from my experience it is not very relevant exporting at 4K since the advantages are not great. The image is too much compressed, I feel confortable with scaling to 1080 and that gives us margin like I said, as well as a crisp 1080p.

For the motion flow, well...be gentle with the sticks

I hope my answer helps you, but I think is a matter of testing and see what do you like most.
Keep following us, cheers!
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Fantastic video, thank you for sharing. I really like your color gradience choices. You should put these on SkyPixel as well.
2016-8-5
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-8-5 11:52
Hi Sharif! Thank you very much for your words.

No problem on sharing my settings. I've come up wit ...

Thank you very much for the feedback.  This helps me a lot.  So you shoot at the 4K 25fps setting, rather than the slightly cropped 4K 30fps?  I agree that shooting in 4K gives some nice options for framing the shots in post and gives a lot of flexible when outputting to a final of 1080P.  The final video looks very sharp and clean...well done.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Sharif
2016-8-5
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-6 02:34
Fantastic video, thank you for sharing. I really like your color gradience choices. You should put t ...

Hey Jamie!
Nice to hear that. In fact, the sunrise /sunset colors are not very far from the original. You should try it! (if you didn't try already).
I will definitely put them in skypixel. I'm having a hard time uploading the photos and videos and I didn't have much time to do it to be honest.

I hope to see you again by the forum.
Cheers!
2016-8-5
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

sharif0 Posted at 2016-8-6 05:00
Thank you very much for the feedback.  This helps me a lot.  So you shoot at the 4K 25fps setting,  ...

I'm not a pro when it comes to video but anything you need just ask.
Yes, 4096x2160p 25fps since the 30fps option is a little cropped. The idea is to have the biggest "amount of image" to have more flexibility... and since we use the PAL (25fps) I guess there are no advantages in using 30fps.
You could say "well but for slowmotion maybe it is the right choice", but in my opinion you wouldn't get a noticeable slowmotion without "eating" more frames than you should and the motion would get "artificial."
For slowmotion maybe the right choice is the 1080 60fps, where you have plenty of room to play around
Still trying to find if the slowmotion is real useful with the X3. I think that a lens with more zoom is the perfect spot for the slowmotion. I hope one day I get the hands on the X5R to make those tests

Diogo
2016-8-5
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice! Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Artiks