Second Hand DJI Phantom 2
1972 6 2016-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gazs1
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have just purchased a second hand DJI Phantom 2 the body is painted so I am not sure of its exact model or I know is that it has no gimbal or camera connected and the model number underneath says P330Z.

I have inserted 4 x AA batteries which are charged into the controller and immediately the red light is illuminated, this stays illuminated whether the switch is to the left or the right, is this normal?

Also I would like to purchase a gimbal and camera eventually and would like to know which make and model would be best to purchase and how to fit etc.

Apologies I have never had a Phantom before.

Thanks in advance for your support.
2016-8-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The P330Z is a basic Phantom 2.
I think the Z is for the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, not sure if that means it came with one when new, or is just ready to have one fitted.

The transmitter should turn off with the switch.

The recommended gimbal and camera would be the Zenmuse H3 or H4 3D for the GoPro Hero 3 or 4, but there are many 3rd party gimbals available.
If you want FPV you will also need to add the DJI kit or again one of the many 3rd party ones.
2016-8-5
Use props
gazs1
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-8-5 16:51
The P330Z is a basic Phantom 2.
I think the Z is for the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, not sure if that  ...

Hi thank you for that, I have tried numerous batteries in the controller but every time as soon as I put the last battery in the red light is illuminated and this is with the switch in the left position or in the right - you also mentioned fpv mode do you have a link to a dji kit or third party kit for me to have a look at - many thanks
2016-8-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

FPV setup HERE

The transmitter should be an easy fix, either replacing the original switch or adding a new power switch somewhere.
2016-8-5
Use props
gazs1
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-8-5 17:02
FPV setup HERE

The transmitter should be an easy fix, either replacing the original switch or addin ...

Thankyou for that
2016-8-5
Use props
DJ Pistol Pete
New

United States

same exact situation and drone as you! teach me what you learn plz!! I don't even have a remote controller with mine but I got it for such a good deal used!
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DJ Pistol Pete Posted at 11-3 01:01
same exact situation and drone as you! teach me what you learn plz!! I don't even have a remote controller with mine but I got it for such a good deal used!

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the DJI Phantom 2 and its accessories starting on September 30, 2022. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules