Broken Follow Focus Cable - Anyone Know Pin Locations?
1327 4 2016-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hi all,

My friend accidententally snagged his follow focus cable, and the wires pulled out.  It appears as though they weren't entirely tight in the housing, as there was not damage to them on removal.  Would anyone happen to know the pin locations for the three wires, or feel adventurous enough to open their connector and snap a pic?  Perhaps one of the DJI members can shed some light on this one and I can my pal up and running again...

Here's a pic of the cable post damage...

Thanks much all for the assistance

M
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what set up does he use the Follow Focus with?
2016-8-5
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-6 03:52
Could you clarify what set up does he use the Follow Focus with?

It's the cable that connects the follow focus to the Osmo to control the X5 camera...

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

M
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stormtrooper101 Posted at 2016-8-5 19:23
It's the cable that connects the follow focus to the Osmo to control the X5 camera...

Thanks for ...

Unfortunately, I do not foresee this being salvageable. It would be best to acquire a replacement cable:

http://store.dji.com/product/foc ... -adaptor-cable-0-2m
2016-8-5
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-6 11:10
Unfortunately, I do not foresee this being salvageable. It would be best to acquire a replacement  ...

He is going to order another cable, however he needs to be up and running in the interim.  I disassembled the cable and there was no attachment other than the pins themselves used.  The cable moves quite freely in the small rubber strain relief at the end of the housing.  

If I had the pin outs, I could have his cable repaired in a couple minutes.  The pins slide lock into the housing and are undamaged...

Here's the pic...

On another note with the DJI store, I've tried to order and have had my credit card company refuse the purchase.  I have to call them to have an exemption made each time I want to make a purchase - bit of a pain...

Cheers

M
2016-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules