RC signal not full bar even drone just beside
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wkamwai
New

Malaysia

Phantom 3 Standard , RC signal not full bar even drone just beside ,
Usually I had the range of 160m to 280m distance depents of directions ,

but is that normal or my drone anthena having some issues ?

2016-8-6
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Did you try and reconnect the RC with the drone.
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hello, wkamwai, could you please provide a screenshot of the RC signal in your APP?
2016-8-6
Use props
wkamwai
New

Malaysia

Hi , I tested yesterday with the latest app , the rc is in full bar even 200m away , it is really strange ... How can see the signal strength by percentage ?
2016-8-7
Use props
wkamwai
New

Malaysia

wmcvey Posted at 2016-8-7 03:14
Did you try and reconnect the RC with the drone.

I did not try this yet
2016-8-7
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

wkamwai@hotmail Posted at 2016-8-8 03:23
Hi , I tested yesterday with the latest app , the rc is in full bar even 200m away , it is really st ...

Don't think there's a way to see it in the form of a %, just signal bar. Sometimes relinking the drone to the RC can fix things, because it may select a different frequency within a range.
2016-8-8
Use props
wkamwai
New

Malaysia

I opened up the controller and pushing those anthena cnnectors harder and use some hot glue to hold the position , guess what I am able to fly 700km with stock anthena
2016-8-22
Use props
wkamwai
New

Malaysia

Ops typo is meters
2016-8-22
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

wkamwai@hotmail Posted at 2016-8-22 11:03
I opened up the controller and pushing those anthena cnnectors harder and use some hot glue to hold  ...

Sometimes I'm thinking just maybe this is why some people are having issues with range (no all) that the parts are not connected correctly when made. So you're saying these cables seemed loose to you before you did this fix?
2016-8-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-8-25 04:55
Sometimes I'm thinking just maybe this is why some people are having issues with range (no all) tha ...

I think that persons case is an isolated event.
If you are experiencing short range since you are in the US call 818-25-0789 and start a ticket and send it in for evaluation.
2016-8-24
Use props
simplyred
lvl.1

Canada

I think either the solder cracks or it loosens the connections with all the vibration the unit gets.  That's why they always get worse over time. I used to fly 2km and now have issues with 200m, and its sporadic. Sometimes 500m but not so much lately. Use to fly as long as it had line of sight, now I can see it crapping out. Flew great till over 120 flights, now like crap. Too much vibrations on the board.
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules