Newbie first crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

I just crashed my p3s for the first time and now i'm a 40yr old who wants to cry!

Thankfully there are no visible signs of damage, but i think i have a bigger problem.

I am a total newbie and i was trying to be clever by bringing it back closer to home myself when i panicked and clipped the side of the house.

When i picked it up and carried it to an open space so i could try and start it i noticed the battery had come out.

Now when i turn it on the drone flashes red, yellow & green. Also internet is unavailable and when i try to turn it off the drone flashes yellow and the battery on/off button flashes red.

Please don't tell me i killed it already. I took it away with me for four weeks so i could learn how to fly it and i broke it after just one.

Any advice would be great.
2016-8-6
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Red, yellow and green flashing Indicator lights on the rear of the aircraft means its doing diagnostics.  Do you have another battery to see if the battery got damaged??
2016-8-6
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Page 11 of the manual gives you an explanation of all the indicator lights.
2016-8-6
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

Tmygun Posted at 2016-8-6 17:04
Red, yellow and green flashing Indicator lights on the rear of the aircraft means its doing diagnost ...

No i only have the one unfortunately.

Is this a bad thing, what are my options?
2016-8-6
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

Tmygun Posted at 2016-8-6 17:07
Page 11 of the manual gives you an explanation of all the indicator lights.

Okay thank you.
2016-8-6
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JonnyBenson Posted at 2016-8-6 23:08
No i only have the one unfortunately.

Is this a bad thing, what are my options?

So do the RC and Aircraft connect?  More specifically can you turn on the aircraft with the battery?
2016-8-6
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

Tmygun Posted at 2016-8-6 17:11
So do the RC and Aircraft connect?  More specifically can you turn on the aircraft with the batter ...

Yes it still switches on, but i'm panicking because i read somewhere else that having the battery come out whilst the power is on is the worst.
2016-8-6
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JonnyBenson Posted at 2016-8-6 23:15
Yes it still switches on, but i'm panicking because i read somewhere else that having the battery  ...

Not necessarily.  
First thing ...does the battery look damaged at all?  Can you charge it ?  If you do try to charge it.....make sure not to leave it unattended......if it does malfunction it could potentially start a fire.

If you can charge the battery you should do another complete cold IMU, Gimbal and Compass calibration and see if the Go App gives you an error message.  A fall to the ground could mess up all the sensors.

Those would be the first steps I'd try.
2016-8-6
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

Tmygun Posted at 2016-8-6 17:26
Not necessarily.  
First thing ...does the battery look damaged at all?  Can you charge it ?  If y ...

Thank you very much for your help Tmygun, i'm not sure about charging it yet. I will try these steps tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks again.
2016-8-6
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JonnyBenson Posted at 2016-8-6 23:36
Thank you very much for your help Tmygun, i'm not sure about charging it yet. I will try these ste ...

I hope everything works out...........I know it must be a sickening feeling.
Good luck and keep me up to date.
2016-8-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2016-8-6 10:26
Not necessarily.  
First thing ...does the battery look damaged at all?  Can you charge it ?  If y ...

First thing ...does the battery look damaged at all?  Can you charge it ?  If you do try to charge it.....make sure not to leave it unattended......if it does malfunction it could potentially start a fire.

One or both of you probably already know this, but I think for the benefit of others, some who may not know, it is important to say that your batteries should NEVER be left completely alone while charging.  Lipo batteries should be at least "loosely" monitored anytime they are charged.  They should be charged away from anything flammable, etc.  If you doubt that, look for videos of what can happen when one goes bad for some reason.  Better to not burn the house down.
2016-8-6
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-8-7 02:12
First thing ...does the battery look damaged at all?  Can you charge it ?  If you do try to charge ...

Thanks but i think i know what Tmygun meant.
2016-8-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

JonnyBenson Posted at 2016-8-7 01:46
Thanks but i think i know what Tmygun meant.

That's good, but I don't know you from Adam, so I don't know if you know it or not.  Not everyone knows these things, and when a newbie reads this thread, they might just learn something now.
2016-8-7
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

Tmygun Posted at 2016-8-6 17:26
Not necessarily.  

Hi again.

The battery seems fine and will charge. But i've just watched a video on how to calibrate the imu and it isn't working. In the sensors screen the compass etc are blank and the percentage bar hasn't moved and is still on 0% after 15mins.
2016-8-9
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

The aircraft status says disconnected!, when I click  on that the imu says normal, but i can't press on it. And i can't calibrate the compass either.
2016-8-9
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

JonnyBenson Posted at 2016-8-9 23:19
The aircraft status says disconnected!, when I click  on that the imu says normal, but i can't press ...

Turn off the drone and RC then turn on the RC followed by the Drone. If you still have the issue try to "Re-Link" the RC to the drone (see manual for how too).
2016-8-9
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JonnyBenson Posted at 2016-8-9 23:13
Hi again.

The battery seems fine and will charge. But i've just watched a video on how to calibra ...

Yes....try re-linking the remote......if the remote is disconnected from the aircraft the IMU would stay at zero.  Let me know what happens then.
2016-8-9
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A very helpful video can be found here.

2016-8-9
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

I've just been in an online chat with dji and they tried to run through with me what to do as regards to the imu and linking the the remote.

The link button on the 3 isn't a button it's just a light. He told me to push it which I did but nothing happened. I said i'm scared to push too hard because I don't see a button.

I will go back into the chat later.
2016-8-11
Use props
JonnyBenson
lvl.1

Poland

No joy. Chat was carp today and besides that I think the link button has moved, I can see two small wires along side the link button.
2016-8-12
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe this video is a little more accurate for your P3S:

2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now