Lightbridge picture quality VERY BAD
1554 18 2016-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

Could anyone help why the video looks like this. Everything else seems to be working fine. I tried also without radios (if they take some disturbance, but same problem still) also check all the antenna connections and cables. Any ideas?
2016-8-7
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

Oh And I have Zenmuse Z15 BMPCC with S1000 and A2, Futaba SG14.
2016-8-7
Use props
1flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266378 ft
  • >>>
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-7 22:20
Oh And I have Zenmuse Z15 BMPCC with S1000 and A2, Futaba SG14.

Hi madis, I have had this image problem with the Lightbridge a few times but with my GH4 kit. What it always comes down to is the micro HDMI connection cable out of the camera to the board on the gimble. Either a dirty or lose plug from simply many unplug and replug from use or the cable has failed. I have replaced a few of these cables over time and cleaned the plug that goes into the camera. I have also (gently squeezed) the plug tighter if it has gotten lose over time to correct this. It is a fragile cable and I do keep a spare in my kit always. I just happened on to you post and I hope this helps.
2016-8-7
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

1flyer Posted at 2016-8-7 18:01
Hi madis, I have had this image problem with the Lightbridge a few times but with my GH4 kit. What ...

Awesome, thanks for hint! I will try to clean it a little. Tried to move it a little around in the camera but that didnt effect. Don't know if I have skills to replace whole cable myself. But I'll try the cleanup first and see if it helps.
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you notice this after a firmware update, long term storage or is this your first time setting this rig up?
2016-8-10
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 00:59
Did you notice this after a firmware update, long term storage or is this your first time setting th ...

Hi Jamie!

I bought this kit just used. Got from mail, the guy said it's all working and so on. So has been like this since put together like 3 weeks ago.
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-17 00:03
Hi Jamie!

I bought this kit just used. Got from mail, the guy said it's all working and so on. So ...

Are you able to do a direct connection to the camera from the air end just to rule out an issue with the Lightbridge itself? Have you tried 1flyer's suggestion and see if that helps? What is the camera resolution set to?
2016-8-16
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-16 20:31
Are you able to do a direct connection to the camera from the air end just to rule out an issue wi ...

what you mean by direct connection? Straight from camera to lightbridge (without zenmuse?) Or what you mean?   
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-18 04:42
what you mean by direct connection? Straight from camera to lightbridge (without zenmuse?) Or what ...

That is correct. You should be able to plug the camera to the Lightbridge via a HDMI cable.
2016-8-17
Use props
1flyer
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-18 04:42
what you mean by direct connection? Straight from camera to lightbridge (without zenmuse?) Or what ...

Hi Madis,
I'm  jumping in since I saw you online. What Jamie means is to unplug the gimbal from the camera HDMI and plug the HDMI to HDMI cable that came with the gimbal directly from the camera  HDMI into the Lightbridge Air AV connection.  Then you will have to change in the Lightbridge app the connection from HDMI to AV.  What that does is bypasses the Lightbridge connection from the gimbal.  This can be a little confusing for someone trying to figure out problems with the Lightbridge so I thought I'd put my two cents worth in again.
2016-8-19
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

OK.. Tested.
Camera straight to TV --> Works like a dream, so no issue with camera.
Camera straight to Light Bridge Air unit --> Works perfectly!

But how I know still where the fault is ? Is it air unit gimbal cable input, or HDMI cable or what.
2016-8-19
Use props
1flyer
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-20 00:15
OK.. Tested.
Camera straight to TV --> Works like a dream, so no issue with camera.
Camera straigh ...

Well all that has tested ok. So going from my experience with these gimbals and this problem I would concentrate on HDMI cable - This is part 35 for the BMPCC, or even the PCBA Board part 33. I gave these part numbers so you can have a reference to look up to see what parts I mean if you have not yet. I have in cases needed to replace both to fix my problems. The cable can get weak over time and even be an intermittent issue depending on the position it stays in after connecting it to the camera. And, plus with the slight delay from the Air Unit to the Ground Station, chasing a bad cable connection is frustrating. As far as the PCBA Board going bad for me, I have never been able to get an answer to why it does or what I may have done to cause it to fail but they do and I have replaced a few of these as well over the years as well.
I wish I was able to give you a direct path to shoot for but hopefully it's a simple bad cable issue or DJI has a "this is what it is" answer for ya.
2016-8-19
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

1flyer Posted at 2016-8-19 20:49
Well all that has tested ok. So going from my experience with these gimbals and this problem I wou ...

Thanks 1flyer! Awesome support from you! Now I just have to decide whether I'll send it to DJI or try myself. I think I'll give it a shot and hope it's b/c of these two parts. However thanks for your time and help! Also interested to hear if DJI thinks also that this might be the reason or something else..
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-20 05:17
Thanks 1flyer! Awesome support from you! Now I just have to decide whether I'll send it to DJI or  ...

I concur with 1flyer that it's either the board itself or a cable component on the BMPCC. The best course of action would be to send it to the Europe Support Center for a repair service. If you have the initial owner's proof of purchase, it may still have a valid warranty period to cover the repair.
2016-8-19
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-20 00:30
I concur with 1flyer that it's either the board itself or a cable component on the BMPCC. The best ...

I got the receits, but it's bought in 2014, so I guess 1 year warranty is over . Do you have any idea how expensive the service is they have?  
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-8-20 15:29
I got the receits, but it's bought in 2014, so I guess 1 year warranty is over . Do you have any ...

It would vary depending on what the repair technicians find. If there is a chance that the issue is firmware related, they may cover the repairs. If it's still a non warranty, then they would send you an invoice prior to performing any repairs, so that you can decide whether you want to move forward with the service.
2016-8-21
Use props
madis.orav
lvl.2

Finland

In case someone is struggling with the same problem: I sent it to DJI and got it back, they replaced the cable between gimbal and GCU (one with green and white wire) and said that problem was with that one.
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-9-8 03:29
In case someone is struggling with the same problem: I sent it to DJI and got it back, they replaced ...

Thank you for the update. It's good to hear you were able to get this issue addressed.
2016-9-7
Use props
1flyer
lvl.2
  • >>>

madis.orav@gmai Posted at 2016-9-8 03:29
In case someone is struggling with the same problem: I sent it to DJI and got it back, they replaced ...

I'm glad to see that you have the problem solved. Happy flying and filming.
2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules