Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drinking and Droning by Government Intelligence Worker
1274 6 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gizadog.email
lvl.2
United States

Yes a Government employee "National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency" was responsible for the downed DJI quadcopter on the White House lawn. Lets hope they don't ruin it from everyone else that are responsible quad copter pilots.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/us/white-house-drone.html?_r=0

2015-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Too ironic...
I posted this earlier....
So I think I figured out dumb dumbs defence for how is drone went astray!
So, first dude like I was sitting on my balcony and had a few beers and decided, gee, I should fly this thing tonight, it's nice and quiet at 3 o'clock in the morning.
So then I started it up, and dude, as I get ready to take off I realized, oh crap, I probably had too many beers so I should just turn it off and go to bed and leave it till tomorrow when I have a clear head.
And I totally gapped it at this point because I shut off the controller first and that's when the shit hit the fan.
The bird just took off and flew away on its own, I didn't know what to do, flip the switches on the controller and nothing happens, there she went, bye-bye Birdie! So all I could do was watch...I cried for hours...and then went to bed hoping I could find it later.
When I woke up the next morning with a clear head I realized what I had done and was like oh crap, my last GPS lock was about 100 miles away from here (in a safe and legal to fly location of course) so when I shut off the controller the bird went into RTH mode and it tried to go home..
Damn..if only I knew what RTFM meant...I should have set a new home point...and if I could RTFM I wouldn't of been flying in the first place at that time of night in a highly populated city near the freaking WhiteHouse..where it is totally illegal to fly in the first place!
Sorry FBI, NSA, FAA and anyone else I put out.
2015-1-27
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Does anybody else wanna open up a fourth, fith and sixth thread about this?

C'mon guys, lets not flood this board with multiple posts within 2 days about the same thing. Lets rather keep the information compact, it will make it a lot easier to find the info needed.
2015-1-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Markus,
I do not disagree with "not" reposting a similar/same topic so that there are too many threads to follow as it can definitely water down the gravy so to speak.
That said, should the original OP not have seen the other threads, I see no harm no foul.
His/Her comments were not a "same" question per se that has been asked 100+ times on here on different threads already but simply an observation and frankly relevant in my opinion as the fact they found the dumb turd that did this was interesting to know and certainly "worthy news" and even more so the fact it was a government employee!
I have seen way too many threads on software updates for this version or that version or any other version for that matter, not to mention, how do I enable NAZA and so on...this site is a "learning" and "sharing" site..
so...POST ON,

2015-1-27
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

I wonder if the software this place runs on can merge threads? At most fora these all would end up merged by a moderator. Here you see the trouble of running a forum with one lone admin for whom it is most likely one of several duties.
2015-1-27
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

What's a moderator?
2015-1-28
Use props
gizadog.email
lvl.2
United States

For $200 Alan