The battery crashes the DJI Go app..
1013 9 2016-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Redro
lvl.2
France

I bought a new battery from the DJI on line store.  As soon as I install it, it crashes the app.  No problems with the old battery.  This is very frustrating and renders the battery useless.  Has anyone experienced this before and, if so, any suggestions to resolve it, please?  Thanks.
2016-8-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

use the dji assistant and connect that way, see if you get any issues... might be it needs the battery update, just a shot in the dark..
2016-8-7
Use props
Redro
lvl.2
France

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-7 21:47
use the dji assistant and connect that way, see if you get any issues... might be it needs the batte ...

Thanks I'll give it a go.
2016-8-7
Use props
Redro
lvl.2
France

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-7 21:47
use the dji assistant and connect that way, see if you get any issues... might be it needs the batte ...

Many thanks for your help, problem solved.  I did not realise the battery also has firmware that needs updating.
2016-8-7
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

Yeah, they don't call it 'intelligent' for nothing.

But a battery causing the DJI Go app to crash is kinda new.
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

That sounds strange, Redro. What kind of drone do you use? Is that everything running in the latest firmware?
2016-8-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Redro Posted at 2016-8-8 03:04
Many thanks for your help, problem solved.  I did not realise the battery also has firmware that n ...

Hey, no problem, thats what we're here for, glad you got it figured out... happy flying
2016-8-8
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

OrlyP Posted at 2016-8-8 03:12
Yeah, they don't call it 'intelligent' for nothing.

But a battery causing the DJI Go app to cras ...

App crashes when I try too look @ flight logs... not always the app, but what its on
2016-8-8
Use props
Redro
lvl.2
France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-8 09:18
That sounds strange, Redro. What kind of drone do you use? Is that everything running in the latest  ...

Hi, its a Phantom 4.  As soon as opened the app (with everything connected, of course) it immediately closed.  When I plugged into the DJI Assistant it said an update was needed, which I then did.  Next time round, voila, the app opened (and stayed opened) without a problem.  Had a 20 minute flight - no problem.
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Redro Posted at 2016-8-9 14:08
Hi, its a Phantom 4.  As soon as opened the app (with everything connected, of course) it immediat ...

Glad to hear that problem has been solved.
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules