Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do we tell bootleg batteries?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Have been pretty adamant that I only buy DJI branded accessories, and also primarily buy from a DJI authorized reseller (Best Buy).

Yesterday bought a new in box Phantom 3 battery at my local store, and it has the mix of English and Chinese branding that are pretty prevalent on Amazon when you see complaints about marketplace sellers selling non-DJI lookalikes. All my other (3) batteries are all English only. Which leads to this question - How do we know for sure? While I'd like to think that Best Buy is selling the "real deal" it's not beyond comprehension that someone bought and swapped and returned a lookalike. The battery did take the latest software update and for all intents and purposes appears correct, but I for one aren't particularly interested in voiding the warranty on my bird just to save a couple bucks. Especially with the recent US warranty changes.

I'd like to see DJI weigh in on this but all comments welcome. Thanks.
2016-8-8
Use props
jericbarg
lvl.1

United States

Been wondering the same myself.

2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Roger, the printing of new battery has been changed so it is normal to see Chinese characters on the battery. Also, you can post the SN of this battery here and I'll take a look at the system.
2016-8-8
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

FAKES: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272291745741

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/391422091207
2016-8-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is actually pretty easy, the knock-off will not work in the aircraft, it will be rejected. DJI does not let your aircraft operate with non-genuine batteries. They have a software code that determines this.
2016-8-8
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-9 10:41
Hello Roger, the printing of new battery has been changed so it is normal to see Chinese characters  ...

Thanks. SN is 1225061806787 assuming it's the barcode on the end.

Appreciate the lookup. Given the recent changes in warranty for non-authorized sellers these things become more important.  All my (4) batteries were all bought at the same place (Best Buy) but this one is definitely different labeling.
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-8-9 17:45
Thanks. SN is 1225061806787 assuming it's the barcode on the end.

Appreciate the lookup. Given t ...

It is an original battery.
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules